• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Misc Can you fuse together a hair line crack in a glass pipe using a jet lighter?

Barakai

Greenlighter
Hi, this is my first post and I've read the rules and I think it's ok to post this here (please don't boot me off if not aloud, I seriously read the rules)
Anyway, my question, I don't own a glass pipe, but if I did and it had a hair line crack in it, could I fuse it together using a good jet lighter? I can't find anything about it on the internet that's all. Please let me know methods and again I hope I'm not breaching the rules! Peace!

Yea you'll likely break it.... You would need to melt glass into the crack from another source I believe or something.... I don't know I'm not a glass blower or anything

Melting point for borosilicate glass is like 3000 degrees. You must bring it up to 1000 degrees in a kiln and have a glassblower fix it. If it is a cheap piece just buy another cuz they can run. Glass blower for 20 years. Soft glass can never be reintroduced to a flame.

I'm curious what is actually done to fix it after heating it... I'm guessing you don't smudge it with your thumb while it's soft. How do you make sure the glass doesn't end up thin or uneven?

Just keep smoking until it eventually cracks, there only 3 dollar pipes

I was about to ask are you fucking serious, but you sound sincere. However, questions such as these belong in BDD> or Basic Drug Discussion.

And +above: keep blasting it with that jet, it'll explode. Pipe's done. Why they call it crack. So good it cracks whatever it comes into contact with into pieces...

i've never had any luck with it, but you could try....
Very bad advice.... What if the glass exploded in their hand and eye and unlucky into their testicles because the pipe exploded in their hand following your advice.... I may have exaggerated the results, but your advice could very well be harmful, which is against our boards foundations even if not the BLUA.

Next time think twice before posting a quick half assed comment going against every commented advice before including a glass blower with 20 years experience.... Definitely more qualified to give advice

There's nothing you can really do for cracked glass. Don't heat it up with the jet lighter or torch lighter, it will make it worse and break the glass. :\

Back when I would puff herb I got annoyed when I would accidentally crack my hand blown glass pipes but at least I never dropped any and had them shatter into lots of tiny pieces.

For real if you put a crack pipe torch it's going to explode. I make several hundred dollar pipes and do repairs for free if one of mine cracks. As far as others the piece better be a heady Bc it's not fun work. At 1000 degrees you can lightly introduce into the flame untill it gets to temp. Then you just work it the best you can some run to parts that are not hot enough very frustrating but others will disappear and you just aneal it in the kiln bringing it up to temp for overnight. If it is a throw away just keep puffin. I charge a lot for repairs as I was Scientifically trained and know exactly what the science behind the glass is. I wouldn't do anything for less than 50$ A repair so it better be super sentimental or a very nice headie.