• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Bupe Can you expect withdrawals from a 10 day suboxone detox

Gordon

Bluelighter
From doses between 1mg and 0.5. This is my 8th day on subutex, first 5 days I took 1mg and 0.5mg, but accidentally today took 0.7mg, so my plan is to go to 0.4 tomorrow and then 0.2 the next day and jump. Is this reasonable time to jump off or do I need to taper further?... Would I feel withdrawals or PAWS from this short term usage at these doses?

thanks.

There's no history of how long you on sub or if this is the first time taking it. If you just started sub to do a taper from your drug of choice (ex heroin) ten days ago and wernt on sub's long term for matinence then you should feel barley any symptoms mabye a mild flu feeling for a week or so. But if you've been taken sub's everyday for along time then there's no way around it you will most likely have paws and get symptoms the longer you stay on sub the worse coning off it will be. It just becomes your d.o.c. and you get hooked on it so coning off take a lot of determination. Gives us some more info to work with tho

Were you dependent on opiates before you started on that course of suboxone, or were you taking it recreationally?

If you were using it to detox from other opiates, and were suffering withdrawal symptoms before the suboxone detox, you'll definitely go through some withdrawal at the end of the taper...It should be mild, but linger for awhile, as that's the nature of a bupe detox...

As far as PAWS, don't start worrying about PAWS right now...nobody knows how you'll feel in 3 months...

Thanks for your responses guys...

I was on bup in the past but got off last summer, was fine after few weeks, normal I should say..But in early March was using low dose codeine, got off that and went on bup, this is my 8th day, remember I only have taken between 1mgs and 0.5mgs..I plan to go on 0.4 tommorow and then 0.2mg..I was only on codeine for a month, but again its low dose, 60mg. So am wondering would I get sleep issues from this 10 day low dose bup detox? what can I do to speed this detox up, excercise?

I just kicked my habit again this week and managed to get through it by just taking 4mgs for four days. Keep in mind 4mg barely holds me so I was still sick for the first few days, just not as bad. If I were u Id try to jump now considering your not even taking a mg. The longer you stretch out being sick the harder it is to stop. I wish I had the luxury of only needing so little sub.

Thanks for your responses guys...

I was on bup in the past but got off last summer, was fine after few weeks, normal I should say..But in early March was using low dose codeine, got off that and went on bup, this is my 8th day, remember I only have taken between 1mgs and 0.5mgs..I plan to go on 0.4 tommorow and then 0.2mg..I was only on codeine for a month, but again its low dose, 60mg. So am wondering would I get sleep issues from this 10 day low dose bup detox? what can I do to speed this detox up, excercise?

Exercise will sure help. Luckily you've only taken low doses for a short time, so the unpleasantness should be very minimal. If you wanna speed up the detox, don't take anything tomorrow, and see how you feel, if you feel bad, take .2, if that doesn't help, take .4, then repeat the next day. That will speed it up just a little, and the less days on bupe the better for a quick detox especially from a low codeine dose. I mean, .25mg of bupe is actually equivalent to 100mg of codeine, so you never should have really gone above that level,

As hebb said, the longer you take it, the harder the WDs will be, and you're already at such a low dose.

I just kicked my habit again this week and managed to get through it by just taking 4mgs for four days. Keep in mind 4mg barely holds me so I was still sick for the first few days, just not as bad. If I were u Id try to jump now considering your not even taking a mg. The longer you stretch out being sick the harder it is to stop. I wish I had the luxury of only needing so little sub.
I agree with this. If you had a big habit then a 1-2 week taper would help soften the blow, but with a minor habit you can be making things worse with a longer detox since the duration that you are dependent on the substance for can play a bigger role on the dose you were on when it comes to withdrawals. For example I would rather kick a month long habit of 4mg of suboxone than a 3 month habit at 1mg a day.

My doctor has said anybody who has taken bup for over 3 months will mostly likely get PAWS for 1 year, and there is a major chance that some of your receptors will be unable to produce much endorphins as they did have prior to consuming bup. Damn this is scary. She said the longer you take bup the longer you will have PAWS...She also said PAWS from bup are more grueling then PAWS from heroin and methadone combined. She had lot of patients on bup and has been in the business for decades now, she kept record of patients, their symptoms and whatnot. I believe her. She said she was shocked that so many people were depressed for 6 months and for years after stopping bup. She also said weaning down makes no difference to the duration/length of PAWS And withdrawals whatsoever. 5 People also tried to take their own life in the last 2 years alone because of subutex/suboxone PAWS and withdrawals, 2 succeed in taking their own life, and these were just her patients, who knows how many more go this path. The symptoms of PAWS were lasting for several months and years with these unfortunate folks, the main culprit was depression, unable to produce endorphins, lack of motivation and lack of sleep, this is some scary stuff man.

Well I remember quite a time ago when I was taking suboxone on 4 weekdays of the week and oxy the other days on the weekends... I did that for a little over a month. When I stopped, I got HORRID withdrawals that seemed to last well over a month. It was bad, but of course that was combining the two. If you haven't been on it before and only use it for a week give or take to taper from oxy use or whatever, coming off shouldn't be too bad, however you will most definitely still feel some withdrawals, but nothing you shouldn't be able to tolerate for a little bit. I wouldn't stay on it long though. Since you're on day 8 already your plan for stopping now within the next 2 days or so is a smart thing to do imo. If you so choose, Kratom should certainly be able to help with any lingering withdrawals at this point, and then you could taper slowly off of that which is generally much easier. If you do decide to use Kratom to taper off of suboxone don't go too crazy with that either though... stick to plain leaf - no extracts.

Im not sure where to post this but I need help...

I recently relapsed after getting off of alcohol and subutex (I was on for 6 years) I had 1 1/2 yrs clean and then started an implant dental restoration that has still not been completed but with the extractions, the implant surgery I was given pain pills and even though I was working a very tight AA program and told my sponsor about the pain pills, I still ended up relapsing and calling my old drug dealer. I think it's been like 4 mos that ive been trying to hide my relapse and I think my daily dose was around 90mg of pure oxycodone give or take 10mg depending how much money i had. I just bought 20 (30mg) on Saturday and was out by Wednesday Night, my dd said she couldnt get anymore for awhile and I can no longer hide this because I am really screwed financially. My SO is clean over 4 years and he also works a tight program so if he found out I was using I am sure he would leave me.....ugh My question is this. Wed evening I took around 8mg, I had some crumbs Thur, got a Tramadol RX from the dentist Thur morning. Ive been taking Lope since Wed night and Buspar, I dont have a lot of w/d I take nyquil at night and have managed to sleep through a lot of this unless I'm at work (where I am now) my friend can get me 2 8mg Subutex, my question is should I go on the Sub tomorrow? or will that make everything worse? will tomorrow be a bad day since it's the 3rd day? NEED SOME REAL EXPERIENCE HERE! Please, I have been an opiate user for a very long time and this wd seems bogus but I know the oxy's half life is so small compared to Sub (whos wd is horrendous) that could i be almost out of the woods by God's grace? The cravings are killing me....and I'm in a major fog but able to function. God help me

^ i shouldn't think that you would have any issues with taking your subs now, apart from the lope - i have absolutely no experience with prescribed or otherwise. other thanthat i' think you'll be fine (heroin addict who has been on methadone and subutex 2+ years)