• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Stimulants Can the foods you eat effect Adderall ? (Vitamin C?)

Tanner Blaze

Bluelighter
My morning routine consists of a banana, yogurt cup, Naked brand fruit smoothie, and Centrium Silver multi-vitamin. I'm a middle aged male about 15lbs overweight. I also take Adderall IR 1-2 times a week. Sorry if this has already been asked somewhere else, but I remember reading somewhere Vitamin C can diminesh the effects of stimulents and Magnesium can magnify them. My vitamin only contains maybe 20% DV of Magnesium but I wasn't sure how much Vitamin C altogether my breakfast has. I have noticed since I've been on a diet that the Adderall isn't as effective, but tbh I probably have somewhat of a tolerence because I occasionally dose high (50+mg twice a month) for "the rush". Are certain foods more effective?

When I first started using Adderall a few years ago, there were two instances in which I'm fairly certain that Vitamin C inhibited my high in major/noticeable manner.
The first-
Day three of daily use, had dosed two crushed 25mg XR capsules each of the prior days, no tolerance save for that accumulated from said usage; administered 25mg sublingually, began to feel a rush, drank two large glasses of orange juice with breakfast, high lasted one quarter the duration I had become accustomed too. Administered the same dosage in the same way the next day sans orange juice, duration was back to expected length.
The second-
Second day into daily use after a three month period of abstinence, dropped half of a street-amphetamine tablet into an energy drink, consumed, felt weak rush for ~60 minutes before effects waned, felt baseline after three hours. The street tablet in question was from a batch that had, on the day prior as well as the day following this one, provided six hours of effects concurrent with perhaps 40mg IR.

I won't pretend to be any sort of expert, but it's well-documented that amphetamine's bioavailability is highly dependent on the alkalinity of ones stomach. Acidic pH means fast clearance times, if I recall correctly.
FWIW, I eventually just started parachuting a teaspoon and a half of baking soda prior to administering any and all doses of amphetamines; easiest, most oft overlooked method of potentiation, in my humble opinion.

The reason Vit' C does this is because it acidifys something (Can't remember what.) leading to your kidneys eliminating it quicker.

Any foods that are acidic I think do the same and it's only really large dose's of vit' C that do this.

Also yes Magnesium does lower amphetamine tolerance.