• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Can someone please just give me a straight answer and tell me if it is a waste to smoke heroin after taking 50ml methadone??

Idk my bottle just says 50 ml I'll ask next time to clarify thanks guys

My methadone bottles always stated the volume and the concentration - e.g. '50ml 1mg/ml'. I dont know if this has changed now.

My methadone bottles always stated the volume and the concentration - e.g. '50ml 1mg/ml'. I dont know if this has changed now.

Labeling varies a lot by region. But yeah I'm in qld Australia and all my bottles say 80mg/16ml on it to specify everything.

However, some years ago I used to buy street methadone not infrequently. And pretty much without fail the dealer always had removed the labels from the bottle.

Cause the labels nearly always have the patient name on it and no one wants their sold takeaway being reported back to their prescriber.

So it wouldn't surprise me at all if Ganjcat is buying street methadone if some information is missing.

Fubar Jess was right it is 50mg well 60mg now because I've just gone up by 10 mg so its 1mg/1ml

Fubar Jess was right it is 50mg well 60mg now because I've just gone up by 10 mg so its 1mg/1ml

They let you go up 10mg a time over there? How often?

Here you usually only go up by 5mg every 3 or 4 days. I don't remember for sure but I think I once got 5mg every 2 days, it was when I got back on methadone and got successfully stabilized after I explained to the doctor at a new clinic how I'd gone to a previous clinic unsuccessfully for about a year in part because of how slow they'd increase it.

You can't be a heroin addict, and need to spend time scoring every day, and reliably expect to make a few hour time window 4 days in a row, even when I did eventually I'd miss 2 be pushed back again. So I could never get up high enough to not be sick and wanna score.

They let you go up 10mg a time over there? How often?

Here you usually only go up by 5mg every 3 or 4 days. I don't remember for sure but I think I once got 5mg every 2 days, it was when I got back on methadone and got successfully stabilized after I explained to the doctor at a new clinic how I'd gone to a previous clinic unsuccessfully for about a year in part because of how slow they'd increase it.

You can't be a heroin addict, and need to spend time scoring every day, and reliably expect to make a few hour time window 4 days in a row, even when I did eventually I'd miss 2 be pushed back again. So I could never get up high enough to not be sick and wanna score.
just once, I asked my keyworker if I should she said yes the reason I did was because the mental craving keep wheeling me back in and some people say I might not be On a high enough dose so gonna stick to this for a few days and see where it takes me.. Wish I had some weed..

just once, I asked my keyworker if I should she said yes the reason I did was because the mental craving keep wheeling me back in and some people say I might not be On a high enough dose so gonna stick to this for a few days and see where it takes me.. Wish I had some weed..

No what I was curious about was, when you initially get on methadone, how frequently can you increase your dose?

Like if I wanted to increase by 10mg, I couldn't do that in one go, they'd likely give me a 5mg then another 5mg in 3 or 4 days.

In the UK they used to start you on a dose that they said was equivalent to the number of ten bags you did a day, they said 10ml which was 10mg was same as a ten bag, I used to do around 6 ten bags a day, each ten bag was a 0.1 of heroin so they put me strait on 60ml then they tapered it down over 2 years, I could of stayed on it longer but wanted off it, I actually tapered down quicker than they thought and gave my extra away

It depends how much the heroin cost you 🤣 If you the heroin was free, no harm no foul.

I used to inject heroin and fentanyl ontop of large amounts of methadone. Fentanyl got through better than heroin. Bad practice overall, I discourage trying to pierce the methadone veil. Its pretty hard to do, expensive and dangerous.

No what I was curious about was, when you initially get on methadone, how frequently can you increase your dose?

Like if I wanted to increase by 10mg, I couldn't do that in one go, they'd likely give me a 5mg then another 5mg in 3 or 4 days.
I'm not sure mate I've only been On a few months probably depends on circumstances it's not like you can just order an increase online I had to go through my keyworker who then got me in touch with a doctor who drug tested me and seen I had heroin and methadone in my system so they can see I'm telling the truth after that it took 5 days but I think people who are on it for longer get more trust my mate gets a big massive 500ml+ bottle which is like a week's worth he usually sells some for gear but always goes in caution more when he's down to like 200ml this other geezer I know, family actually was on holiday I wasn't into anything except weed and codeine back then going back some years this is, anyway he was on holiday in great Yarmouth having a good time but didn't take enough with him or something but all he did was make a 5 minute phone call to turning point and they sent him a methadone prescription to a nearby chemist I don't think they would do that for me, yet not until they know I'm genuine I have requested one of those big bottles that have over a weeks worth in myself because it does make you quite tired over time going chemist everyday or maybe I'm just lazy but but she(my keyworker) said before they do that they want me to get 'settled' first, to be fair to her though I was homeless at the time and they have legalities and responsibilities

It depends how much the heroin cost you 🤣 If you the heroin was free, no harm no foul.

I used to inject heroin and fentanyl ontop of large amounts of methadone. Fentanyl got through better than heroin. Bad practice overall, I discourage trying to pierce the methadone veil. Its pretty hard to do, expensive and dangerous.
Yeah I know I shouldn't be using I'm a lot more grown up to what I used to be I used to think I knew everything etc... But you know how it is sometimes I've got cash, I'm bored my mate gives me a free sorter for scoring him never been able to sit their knowing I got heroin in the draw.. Unless I'm nodding my record for saving heroin is a week but only because I stashed some away and went away to Liverpool for a while took a quarter with me because even I wouldn't dare try and cop in Liverpool people their are just nuts.. Goes without saying though as soon as I got back that heroin was smoked with in hours it was nice though having some their and knowing I wouldn't need to score not straight away anyway

This is probably terrible HR but IMHO smoking heroin is always a waste.
I dunno I got it down to a fine art now I can get a lot off a few lines now I used to waste so much kinda makes me cringe when I think of his much I used to waste then again I'm fed up with all this suit anyway I'm so ready to just quit and find something else to fulfil me or already to back to taking codeine I remember you take opiates but can't remember which ones you take again? I take it your saying I should inject?

I dunno I got it down to a fine art now I can get a lot off a few lines now I used to waste so much kinda makes me cringe when I think of his much I used to waste then again I'm fed up with all this suit anyway I'm so ready to just quit and find something else to fulfil me or already to back to taking codeine I remember you take opiates but can't remember which ones you take again? I take it your saying I should inject?

Same with the wasting it. I always felt like no matter how good I got at running the lines and sucking the vapor in through the straw at the right times, a notable amount of it was still wasted. I think the ROA must be a lot lower too because it would take a lot more heroin to get my high when smoking it than when pinning it.

Please be sure: I am NOT advising you to inject, especially if you don't need to (and smoking seems to work for you).

Yeah, I'm on opioids; I take Dihydrocodeine the most but I take 480mg/day usually and the dose I'm Rx'd (the maximum dose) is 240mg so I run out early. My mother and grandpa are both on Codeine so I get strips of that pretty often to make up for it. I also get MSContin (Morphine) 60mg from a neighbour.

Same with the wasting it. I always felt like no matter how good I got at running the lines and sucking the vapor in through the straw at the right times, a notable amount of it was still wasted. I think the ROA must be a lot lower too because it would take a lot more heroin to get my high when smoking it than when pinning it.

Please be sure: I am NOT advising you to inject, especially if you don't need to (and smoking seems to work for you).

Yeah, I'm on opioids; I take Dihydrocodeine the most but I take 480mg/day usually and the dose I'm Rx'd (the maximum dose) is 240mg so I run out early. My mother and grandpa are both on Codeine so I get strips of that pretty often to make up for it. I also get MSContin (Morphine) 60mg from a neighbour.
if you put the toot halfway through your mouth so imagine a ciggy you put the tip in your mouth imagine putting half the whole cig in your mouth just do that with your toot of choice of that makes sense it goes a lot deaper and better and you can't take as big hits which makes it last better just relax and take a slow long inhale and use foil toots because you do get a bit on them after you run out just fold it once one the side once one the front and fold twice on the mouth side you probably already know this though

Ganjcat is in the UK. Methadone in the UK is dosed at 1mg/ml, which is far more sensible imo...

@Ganjcat the blocking effects of methadone are reportedly only significant above 80mg, so you'll probably feel it.

But as you know, you shouldn't really be using on top :D
I don't actually unless I get some handed to me.. Literally I live with someone who picks up half an egg a day he's always telling me he's skint whenever I ask for money cough BULSHIT he does sort me out though if I ask 9/10 usually a 0.1-0.2 I prefer to have the heroin first and to chemist after but today is a new day and I'm once again gonna go for a tolerance break and maybe evolve into a permanent break.. Yeah right.. Gotta keep trying though mans 25 this year...

if you put the toot halfway through your mouth so imagine a ciggy you put the tip in your mouth imagine putting half the whole cig in your mouth just do that with your toot of choice of that makes sense it goes a lot deaper and better and you can't take as big hits which makes it last better just relax and take a slow long inhale and use foil toots because you do get a bit on them after you run out just fold it once one the side once one the front and fold twice on the mouth side you probably already know this though
Thanks, that actually really helpful and great advice :)

Dunno why but just had my methadone twenty minutes ago just had a cupa tea to chase it which I do every time and I am now high as fuck seriously I can feel that lovely childhood butterfly warmth in my thighs gonna have a ciggy and watch some out of bounds games love to you all no homo

This is probably terrible HR but IMHO smoking heroin is always a waste.

It is terrible HR. and NO ONE should take that as advice if they've already got things going semi-sustainably with smoking. There's no point trying to switch to IV to save a bit of money, you'll just put that extra money back into heroin anyway.

And yet, I agree with you. IV is the only way I use heroin. I'd never use it any other way.