• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Can someone please calm this paranoid, panicking, hypochondriac?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Beeper84

Greenlighter
I am overreacting, but I have such bad anxiety, can someone please tell me everything will be FINE? I took 1 1/2 codeine tylenol, the 300/30mg kind. at 1130AM, 7 hours later between the hours of 630pm to 830 pm I consumed 4 light beers. I checked online and most places said it's fine, and other sites have me convinced that if I fall asleep my blood pressure will drop and I will die in my sleep! UGH i can't even go to sleep and keep getting anxiety!

You'll be fine the codeine should have wore off by now.

However I do not recommend mixing codeine and alcohol at the same time and I myself would wait more time to take a drink for harm reduction purposes. But it is true if you ever do mix the two you should not fall asleep. But since it's been about six to eight hours you'll be fine as codeine should have wore off three hours after you took it.

OK....Thanks, makes me feel a little better but still nervous if you would have waited longer! I was trying to calculate when the codeine would be gone? The half life is 3 hours so 45mgs would be 22.5 in 3 hours, and 11 in 6 hours and 5.5 in 9 hours? Is that how it works?

there is not really any danger here. the respiratory depressive effects of the codeine, all of it's effects in fact, should have worn off quite a while ago. I would say you should certainly be fine to go to sleep.
it is not good to mix opiates and alcohol, that is at the same time or w/in short order of each other, because yes you do bare the risk of excessive CNS (which of course includes respiratory) depression, but codeine is a pretty short acting opiate and you took it such a while ago I don't think there is any danger of that.

Yes, I would've waited ten hours just to be EXTREMELY safe, but this shouldn't worry you. Six to eight hours is enough.

If you want to be extra safe then just wait an hour or two to sleep and by then the codeine should be out of your body. But anyways your current codeine levels shouldn't even effect you whatsoever so you'll be fine.

Thanks, I guess I will wait another hour even though I'm ready for bed, just because I am SO paranoid. I know I will lay there and jump every time I doze off. Ugh! I am really not cut out for prescription drugs, its pathetic.

You'll be fine. I recommend just researching every drug you plan to do before you do it. It can help you avoid bad combinations, find good doses, see what the effects are, etc.

It's what I do and many people are impaired or killed because they do not know how to properly handle using drugs recreationally. If everyone knew more about how to handle drugs then A LOT less people would become impaired or die.

I believe drug education is absolutely necessary.

Dude. You're fine. You took normal prescription level dose like an entire workday ago. Then you had a few beers. Codeine is worn off

You shouldn't take opiates together at same time as alcohol like people said. But honestly at the amounts you took you would have been ok if you did. And you didn't; you took them hours apart.

So...go to bed. Relax. Breathe deeply. Sleep well .....

As has been said above it's a bad idea to mix codeine and alcobol but 45mg is a tiny amount of codeine.....mixed with a couple of beers or not the risk of ODing is literally negligible from that particular level of described consumption....

Now taking sveral hundred mg of morphine or oxy and drinking half a bottle of scotch is a totally different scenario all together....

Mate there are 80year old grandmothers taking endone/apap/benzo/alcohol concoctions all over the planet. They're not trying to kill themselves it's just what they've been doing for years especially benzos like one of my favourites Oxazepam and a glass of brandy. It can be shocking when ol' Grannie dies and you're cleaning out their medicine cabinet thinking Damn, grandma must have been off her face all the time - but usually they've started their benzo use in the 70's and Their Dr's see no reason to upset the apple cart by taking them off something they've been on since before the Dr was born.

You're fine, drink water to help those kidneys' though.

This is what the drug war does.... All it does is leave people afraid of medications, as they are just drugs, but once they overcome the fear incited by propaganda there is a lack of real information leading people to become careless and explorative leading to people pushing the limit and killing themselves. In essence the war on drugs is a war against itself.

Mate there are 80year old grandmothers taking endone/apap/benzo/alcohol concoctions all over the planet. They're not trying to kill themselves it's just what they've been doing for years especially benzos like one of my favourites Oxazepam and a glass of brandy. It can be shocking when ol' Grannie dies and you're cleaning out their medicine cabinet thinking Damn, grandma must have been off her face all the time - but usually they've started their benzo use in the 70's and Their Dr's see no reason to upset the apple cart by taking them off something they've been on since before the Dr was born.

You're fine, drink water to help those kidneys' though.

Yes, so the moral of the story is not to mix CNS depressants unless your a grandmother, lol. Anyway, glad the OP survived, I'm going to close this thread now.

Status
Not open for further replies.