• N&PD Moderators: Skorpio | thegreenhand

Can somebody explain the math behind the reason larger doses of gabapentin are wasteful?

Can someone help I don’t want to stop breathing.
Gabapentin is worthless in your scenario. It will do sweet fuck all because I doubt it’s nerve pain you’re dealing with.

Get yourself an ice pack and use it on your shoulder. Or you could use something nice and warm on it.

wait the appropriate amount of time and take another dose of naproxen. If it’s been 4-6 hours since the paracetamol you can take another dose of it. Just make sure you’re using it as per instructions on packet.

Gabapentin is worthless in your scenario. It will do sweet fuck all because I doubt it’s nerve pain you’re dealing with.

Get yourself an ice pack and use it on your shoulder. Or you could use something nice and warm on it.

wait the appropriate amount of time and take another dose of naproxen. If it’s been 4-6 hours since the paracetamol you can take another dose of it. Just make sure you’re using it as per instructions on packet.
Thank you.

Thank you.
If you can get some Epsom salts, pour in a sink with water and soak a flannel or something. Wring out the flannel and put it over your shoulder. It should help a little. Make sure the water is a nice warm temp.

Take a magnesium supplement also and some omegas.

Gabapentin binds to and inhibits a calcium channel. When this receptor is saturated, it is no longer possible to increase the intensity of the primary effects. The ingested dose required to saturate the transporter may vary depending on how you metabolize gabapentin, but the EC50 will not change. The calcium flux cannot drop below zero.

The same is true of most receptors, but saturating some receptors (e.g. nAChR, mu-OR) is lethal, so some drugs (e.g. nicotine) cannot be safely dosed up to the "ceiling".

@LordOfThisWorld: cannabis?