• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Can one dose of fentanyl increase tolerance?

GuyDude

Greenlighter
A couple of months ago I went to the hospital for severe pain and they ended up giving me fentanyl. I'm not sure how much they gave me, but it was probably a standard dose or even lower than standard dose. Could this one dose have fucked up my tolerance? *I've used painkillers like oxy and morphine before and after, but not enough to get much of a tolerance. Ever since that hospital dose though I haven't been able to achieve such a good high.

I don't think that one standart/small dose of fentanyl will increase your tolerance remarkable

I dunno, i've never done fentanyl, but a lot of opiate users seem to complain that it increases their tolerance dramatically - this being one of the "cons" of taking it.
As for one single dosage increasing your tolerance? I'd say it is definitely possible, maybe even 'likely'.

I would say no, one dose of fent a couple of months ago would not increase your tolerance. If it was administered daily for a week+, then you may notice a slight increase, but even that would be decreasing by now unless you've been using oxy/morphine in higher amounts since that incident.

Maybe your tolerance is just building from your oxy and morphine use. Even if you only take opiates infrequently like 4-5 times a month you will still develop a psychological tolerance.

The high will get stale over time just like if you were to eat the same food everyday, I would think you eventually tire of the taste. While it might be possible that fentanyl perhaps changed your brain chemistry to where your highs aren't as great after one dose, I doubt that's the case. It's more likely that you are subconsciously getting used to the high or are acquiring a small physical tolerance.

Do you redose within the half life of the last dose you took, because that will cause a tolerance spike in my experience. So even if you only take them once a month, if you redose 4 times in one day to stay high that will increase your tolerance faster then 4 times spread over an entire month.