• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Can O-DSMT/other opioids be used IM?

Gregorio888

Bluelighter
As the title says that's my question. I'm surprised I don't know the answer, but I've never seen this addressed for any opioid. It seems people take them by mouth, snorted, boofed, vaped, or IV.

So is O-DSMT specifically, but hell any other opioid too, effectively active/"safe" with IM injections? I ask since I've found many tryptamines/2-FDCK to be so effective IM'ed, with IV tryptamines being pretty much too quick and wild for my typical taste, though blasting through space on occasion is enjoyable, lol. I hate sniffing stuff, I don't boof drugs, no disrespect I just don't want to, and I've never had freebase opiates to attempt vaping.

I love the rush of IV opioids (even though dilaudid, morphine, fentanyl, everything else, never give me nods, but rather energize me for hours until the comedown.) That said, I suck at hitting my veins, I have to look normal and professional at work so don't want needle punctures up and down my arms, and if IM can reduce the dosage needed for oral, while giving a comparable effect to a faster oral experience, that would be perfect. I'm just wondering are they caustic or something? Is there some reason that IM opioids are uniquely dangers vs other ROAs? Or do people just figure if they are going to use a needle why not IV? I prefer nice, longer experiences then IV usually, and would like to save product, but not if it will be at risk to my body. FWIW I only use needles on pharmaceutical solutions/RCs I'm convinced are clean through testing, (and I filter/use bacteriosteric water, fresh needles only, etc,) I've never used a "street opioid" (heroin being the biggest I've never done.)

Thanks for any answers.

As the title says that's my question. I'm surprised I don't know the answer, but I've never seen this addressed for any opioid. It seems people take them by mouth, snorted, boofed, vaped, or IV.

So is O-DSMT specifically, but hell any other opioid too, effectively active/"safe" with IM injections? I ask since I've found many tryptamines/2-FDCK to be so effective IM'ed, with IV tryptamines being pretty much too quick and wild for my typical taste, though blasting through space on occasion is enjoyable, lol. I hate sniffing stuff, I don't boof drugs, no disrespect I just don't want to, and I've never had freebase opiates to attempt vaping.

I love the rush of IV opioids (even though dilaudid, morphine, fentanyl, everything else, never give me nods, but rather energize me for hours until the comedown.) That said, I suck at hitting my veins, I have to look normal and professional at work so don't want needle punctures up and down my arms, and if IM can reduce the dosage needed for oral, while giving a comparable effect to a faster oral experience, that would be perfect. I'm just wondering are they caustic or something? Is there some reason that IM opioids are uniquely dangers vs other ROAs? Or do people just figure if they are going to use a needle why not IV? I prefer nice, longer experiences then IV usually, and would like to save product, but not if it will be at risk to my body. FWIW I only use needles on pharmaceutical solutions/RCs I'm convinced are clean through testing, (and I filter/use bacteriosteric water, fresh needles only, etc,) I've never used a "street opioid" (heroin being the biggest I've never done.)

Thanks for any answers.

I'm not sure about O-DSMT but straight Tramadol can be used IM. I came across a shit load of Tramadol amps years ago and they were for IM or IV. I don't IV but I've used testosterone IM before so gave them a try IM and they were pretty good IIRC.

Don't know how helpful that is though lol

I'm not sure about O-DSMT but straight Tramadol can be used IM. I came across a shit load of Tramadol amps years ago and they were for IM or IV. I don't IV but I've used testosterone IM before so gave them a try IM and they were pretty good IIRC.

Don't know how helpful that is though lol

No that is helpful thank you. I can't think of a reason why an opioid couldn't be used IM, I've just never heard of it or seen it, so I'm trying to figure out if there's some hidden danger I'm missing. Like some meds are super caustic. Like when adding IV antibiotics we have to use a drip not just IV the whole dose at once, and other meds can cause problems if for example you miss the muscle. My friends coworker missed a shot into a patients butt once, and it caused a cave in in the patients back where the med ate away at tissue having missed the muscle. Other meds, you administer "IV Push" but some meds you literally have to sit there injecting 0.5ml for 5 minutes otherwise it burns and eats away at their veins. So thanks for an answer sincerely.

If anyone else can confirm what apocalypse has said, that IM opiates should be "safe" I'd appreciate it, thanks.

No that is helpful thank you. I can't think of a reason why an opioid couldn't be used IM, I've just never heard of it or seen it, so I'm trying to figure out if there's some hidden danger I'm missing. Like some meds are super caustic. Like when adding IV antibiotics we have to use a drip not just IV the whole dose at once, and other meds can cause problems if for example you miss the muscle. My friends coworker missed a shot into a patients butt once, and it caused a cave in in the patients back where the med ate away at tissue having missed the muscle. Other meds, you administer "IV Push" but some meds you literally have to sit there injecting 0.5ml for 5 minutes otherwise it burns and eats away at their veins. So thanks for an answer sincerely.

If anyone else can confirm what apocalypse has said, that IM opiates should be "safe" I'd appreciate it, thanks.

Just for opiates in general, IM is fairly common.. Things like morphine and demerol are commonly given IM as are most others..

In fact if you do a Wikipedia search on just about any common injectable opioid then you'll see it as listed for IM as well as IV (with one or two exceptions). The only problem is that the one you mentioned (O-DSMT) isn't really a common one... Is it a Tramadol derivative?

It's better not to the o-dmt because I suppose you got it as an rc powder, you don't know how dirty it is.

I've done tramadol ampoules both IV and IM, there is no rush anyway. Most of the opioids can be IM'ed if not all but via pharmaceutical sealed ampoules not street stuff or pills.

@apocalypse, o-dsmt is the most active metabolite of tramadol, some years ago it appeared as an rc. Normally your body changes tramadol to o-dsmt through the cyp2d6 enzyme.

It's better not to the o-dmt because I suppose you got it as an rc powder, you don't know how dirty it is.

I've done tramadol ampoules both IV and IM, there is no rush anyway. Most of the opioids can be IM'ed if not all but via pharmaceutical sealed ampoules not street stuff or pills.

@apocalypse, o-dsmt is the most active metabolite of tramadol, some years ago it appeared as an rc. Normally your body changes tramadol to o-dsmt through the cyp2d6 enzyme.

Yeah, i thought it was a tramadol metabolite, the name threw me off slightly though as i thought it was a slightly different name...

You're correct about there being no rush to tramadol injections though. In fact, it even says on the box "for IM or slow IV push" meaning it is meant to being injected very slowly if given IV.

I too would advise against injecting it for the very reasons you give in that you don't know exactly what a non-pharmaceutical RC powder will contain.. could easily be fentanyl for all you know...

Hmm, I'd of thought I'd have known about giving IM opioids, lol. I've given patients morphine and diauildid and occasionally fentanyl about 100 times so far, but it's always been IV (and the patch for fentanyl sometimes,) though I haven't been working long so that could just be how a couple hospitals do it.

And yeah, you're right, it's probably not worth the risk for O-DSMT since its not a opioid with a rush anyway. That said I've done IM/IV DPT, MET, and 4-AcO-DMT. I've also done another 5 or so tryptamines IM. Those are all RC powders too, I use bacteriosteric water, a 0.22 micron filter, sterile vials, heat, etc, but I can't make it perfect. So I guess O-DSMT would be about the same risk, but IMing tryptamines is a totally different experience then taking them orally, and the O-DSMT is probably the same thing, just coming on a little faster so I guess not worth the risk.

Anyway thanks guys. It's kinda, odd I've given/watched given a number of opioids, but it's always something by mouth, fentanyl either IV or patch, and then morphine and dilaudid always given IV, but like I said I haven't been around much yet, still I should have known about IM morphine set ups

You don't need heat for them at all, it's good that you take all these precautions, you can minimize the risks like this, not take them out completly but it's better than just shooting straight away. I was an IV user for a good amount of time, sometimes I still am but rarely nowadays, i don't have access here in romania to micron filters tho. I only saw a pack going for 500 lei (100 pounds) that is a 1/4 of my salary so no chance on investing this much.

Thanks for any answers.

Yes you can if you micron filter it. I used to IV o-desmethyltramadol years ago and found it to be excellent via that route (in fact, I thought it was rather exceptional). Never IM'd it. You would want to be sure the batch is very clean, and that you micron filter the solution. Muscles don't like foreign bodies, so whatever solution you are putting into a muscle needs to be a very clean. Given the risk, you may be better off taking it rectally, which will be nearly as effective (at a much lower risk).

^ Hey, would you (or anyone else with experience in IV O-desmethyltramadol) like to tell me, how does it compare to intrarectal?

It's surely having a higher bioavailability, yes, but what about the onset/rush, i.e. the transition from baseline to intoxicated?

I'd really like to hear something more about that, in fact, I'd appreciate anything that I can learn more in this regard, before giving it a try myself (which will be very shortly)!

Thanks in advance

IM ODmt would have a rapid effect and very high BA%; I do not know oral Ba% though IM would be higher

IMing pills has its own unique dangers though ODMT would likely be powder, so it would be fine.

Be safe and good luck

Oh I just saw OP's last post

Look, guarantee now one here has tried ODMT Pure, IM or IV. It will not have much of a rush, and has SNRI effects, however it will probably feel good. All you can do is try it; start with 25-50mg. Good luck

Just plug it don't IM it.

If you're going to inject it anywhere, it might as well be intravenously but you need to micron filter it.

The risk of introducing a foreign body directly into a muscle is not worth the risk or pain given that IM isn't much more effective than plugging it.

Intravenous O-DSMT was somewhat worth injecting, I did enjoy it but I felt terrible next day. It was interestingly enough the last thing I ever injected (so perhaps it wasn't so great)

I -by the way- IV'd this compound and what I can say is that I subjectively found it 'worth' the try, at least for a one-time experience!

But that's it, I've consumed everything I had and wouldn't buy it again regarding the price and what I had off of it.

Tbh I did the whole gram I had via the intravenous ROA, and with appropriately (high, as I found) doses, it provided a somewhat relatively decent, short-lived rush, but what I found disgusting was the taste that accompanied the injection. It's hard to pinpoint what was so nasty/disgusting about it, but for my 'taste' I found it too strange, kinda (chemically) minty.

I think it's the similarity with the taste of IV Propofol which made it so awful, as that's the only imaginable chemical that has a 'taste' like this.

Intravenous Propofol tastes absolutely ABSOLUTELY terrible, the worst I ever came across!

By the way, what do you think: could O-desmethyltramadol be detectable via a regular urine drug test/screening? Does someone have experiences with it!?

I -by the way- IV'd this compound and what I can say is that I subjectively found it 'worth' the try, at least for a one-time experience!

But that's it, I've consumed everything I had and wouldn't buy it again regarding the price and what I had off of it.

Tbh I did the whole gram I had via the intravenous ROA, and with appropriately (high, as I found) doses, it provided a somewhat relatively decent, short-lived rush, but what I found disgusting was the taste that accompanied the injection. It's hard to pinpoint what was so nasty/disgusting about it, but for my 'taste' I found it too strange, kinda (chemically) minty.

I think it's the similarity with the taste of IV Propofol which made it so awful, as that's the only imaginable chemical that has a 'taste' like this.

Intravenous Propofol tastes absolutely ABSOLUTELY terrible, the worst I ever came across!

By the way, what do you think: could O-desmethyltramadol be detectable via a regular urine drug test/screening? Does someone have experiences with it!?
I think odsmt is the actual metabolite they are testing for when testing for tramadol, because tramadol is metabolized into odsmt..