• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Benzos Can my high alchol tolerance make my benzo tolerance higher?

powerpunk5000

Greenlighter
So I have a pretty high alcohol tolerance, I'd say maybe heavy driking 2-4 times a week. And I have a prescription for xanax and Iv never abused it. Iv actually probably only taken 10-20 .5mg pills over 6+ months. Today I took one .5 and granted I wasn't having a panic attack was just really stressed and annoyed. And it did make me a lil calm in about 5-15 mins than it did elevate my mood and bring me outta my funk after about a hour but the effects didn't feel as strong, which I guess may be due to me not actually having a panic attack. But in the past xanax has made me feel almost euphoric and just feel normal and carefree which is why Iv been careful cause Ik i could gwt addicted to just feeling "normal" also iv been taking buspar for about a month so do you think I should be worried my tolerance to the xanax is higher? Because it kinda freaked me out cause when I do have a panic attack I really need it to still work like it has lol

Benzodiazepines and alcohol are cross tolerant. Alcohol and benzodiazepines can kill you.

Honestly, concurrent uae of Xanax and alcohol is asking for trouble. Even keeping them separate still has implications.

It?s good that you don?t use it much, but the alcohol will raise yoir tolerance.

If you are having panic attacks, drinking is the wrong answer.

Last edited:
Iv had anxiety and panic attacks before I drank really heavy tho. The worse was having them at work or driving to work. I felt like a fool. But it does seem to have progressed but I'm not sure if that progression is due to having them while driving and at work, Where now I try to avoid those things because of the attacks