• Welcome Guest

Forum Guidelines Bluelight Rules
    Fun 💃 Threads Overdosed? Click
    D R U G   C U L T U R E

Can men (usually) handle more drug than women ?

There are all kinds of differences in how groups respond to drugs.

For instance from what i recall people with red hair require more anesthesia but lower doses of opioids for pain relief. And red headed women seem to respond in a unique way to opioids that are also kappa agonists (like pentazocine).

so many variables that will effect this, ultimately i see each and every brain as individual to yourself and that drugs that may effect someone may have no effects on someone else.

I do agree weight metabolism will have an effect, but tolerance, brain chemistry also will have an effect imo.

Set and setting may also play a part aswell. Our brains are an extremely powerful tool

Last edited:
One observation I’ve made is women seem to tolerate meth better/for longer than men.
I assume this is hormone related somehow, my guy mates snap a lot more frequently than the female users I know.
But it’s actually scarier when a chick starts seeing shadow people, psychotic women are terrifying 😂

One observation I’ve made is women seem to tolerate meth better/for longer than men.
I assume this is hormone related somehow, my guy mates snap a lot more frequently than the female users I know.
But it’s actually scarier when a chick starts seeing shadow people, psychotic women are terrifying 😂

I dunno dude either gender wielding a machete to fight the shadow people is pretty terrifying ,

On that note , I think the psychosis associated with meth could really be mitigated if people got some proper sleep. If a person insists on using meth regularly and can’t sleep , this is one case I would recommend whatever sleep aid that works for the individual

Meth is one of those substances that if used regularly people should put reminders on their phone - time to brush teeth , eat , sleep etc

Sleep does help but for some under some conditions is not always enough. My first episode of psychosis occurred after too many days awake + too much mdpv, but since then my threshold for what it takes to produce psychosis has lowered. Nowadays I can experience psychosis on the very first day of use if I over do it, this is even after being well rested, well fed and hydrated, in a good state of mind and not having used stimulants in a long time.

I'm not alone in this as their have been cases of people experiencing psychosis from single large dose of meth or other stimulants.

of course sleep is very important and will help to prevent it for most people, but just saying that lack of sleep is not always the only requirement...

also fwiw I do not suffer from schizophrenia or bipolar or any other mental illnesses other than chemical dependency issues and occasional depression.

There are all kinds of differences in how groups respond to drugs.

For instance from what i recall people with red hair require more anesthesia but lower doses of opioids for pain relief. And red headed women seem to respond in a unique way to opioids that are also kappa agonists (like pentazocine).
as a sample group of one, this redhead requires up to five times the analgesia at the dentist. Where opioids are concerned, my baseline tolerance to them--which isn't the same as the amount required to ease pain--but tolerance seemed much higher than comparable people around me. Even first exposure, it's like this body had been incomplete up until the insertion of large doses of opioids. I remeber being in a hospital in my teens and getting my first taste of morphine after being severely burned. I wanted to skip outside for a smoke, and the doctor's jaw hung agape, he couldn't believe I was conscious let alone could move. My fatehr was an opioid addict, mayb it just got passed on.

as a sample group of one, this redhead requires up to five times the analgesia at the dentist. Where opioids are concerned, my baseline tolerance to them--which isn't the same as the amount required to ease pain--but tolerance seemed much higher than comparable people around me. Even first exposure, it's like this body had been incomplete up until the insertion of large doses of opioids. I remeber being in a hospital in my teens and getting my first taste of morphine after being severely burned. I wanted to skip outside for a smoke, and the doctor's jaw hung agape, he couldn't believe I was conscious let alone could move. My fatehr was an opioid addict, mayb it just got passed on.

It used to be believed that redheads needed more painkillers, but like so many "redheads are different" theories, the study that suggested that was later shown to be wrong when much larger studies failed to replicate it.

Add to that that studies (and just plain old every day observation) have repeatedly show both that addiction runs in families, and that epigenetics can sometimes allow things kinda like this to pass on. I'd say your father being an opioid addict is a much more likely explanation than having red hair.

For the record I felt similar, after first using opioids I felt like I needed them, in fact I've never been able to stop for any good length of time since.

I don't have red hair though, just boring old common dark hair.

Sleep does help but for some under some conditions is not always enough. My first episode of psychosis occurred after too many days awake + too much mdpv, but since then my threshold for what it takes to produce psychosis has lowered. Nowadays I can experience psychosis on the very first day of use if I over do it, this is even after being well rested, well fed and hydrated, in a good state of mind and not having used stimulants in a long time.

I'm not alone in this as their have been cases of people experiencing psychosis from single large dose of meth or other stimulants.

of course sleep is very important and will help to prevent it for most people, but just saying that lack of sleep is not always the only requirement...

also fwiw I do not suffer from schizophrenia or bipolar or any other mental illnesses other than chemical dependency issues and occasional depression.

Yeah definitely, it alone can cause psychosis is but lack of sleep REALLY exacerbates that

I’m an ex meth head and I can count the times I made me hallucinate (knowingly it’s possible I did more ) on one hand , for whatever reason I am resistant to the psychotic effects

It used to be believed that redheads needed more painkillers, but like so many "redheads are different" theories, the study that suggested that was later shown to be wrong when much larger studies failed to replicate it.

Add to that that studies (and just plain old every day observation) have repeatedly show both that addiction runs in families, and that epigenetics can sometimes allow things kinda like this to pass on. I'd say your father being an opioid addict is a much more likely explanation than having red hair.

For the record I felt similar, after first using opioids I felt like I needed them, in fact I've never been able to stop for any good length of time since.

What studies have you found suggesting their isn't genetic anomaly to pain response in redheads? What I've read is it is the same gene that makes for our alabaster skin also contributes to pain response. In my youth, I felt i had a great tolerance for pain, but it turns out that was some kind of numbed out/dissociative mumbo jumbo maladaption that dissolved once I healed from various trauamas. The toughness that my masculinity enjoyed was, unfortunately replaced by what seems to me comparatively higher sensitivity to pain than many people. This was all long ago before the internet alerted me to all arcane things ginger. I sometimes worry that being an anomalous curisosity just isn't that many steps removed from being put upon a pre-death funeral pyre.

With family and addiction potential I was, in my wondering, just winking. Of course there will be both biological and environmental familial factors in addiction potential. What I wondered as far as redhead genetics is if there is a tendency towards tolerance. Tolerance alone does not speak to addiction anymore than it does alone to pain relief. I there a higher pain signal, or a higher tolerance to the drug and therefore more of the drug required to efficacious.

What studies have you found suggesting their isn't genetic anomaly to pain response in redheads? What I've read is it is the same gene that makes for our alabaster skin also contributes to pain response. In my youth, I felt i had a great tolerance for pain, but it turns out that was some kind of numbed out/dissociative mumbo jumbo maladaption that dissolved once I healed from various trauamas. The toughness that my masculinity enjoyed was, unfortunately replaced by what seems to me comparatively higher sensitivity to pain than many people. This was all long ago before the internet alerted me to all arcane things ginger. I sometimes worry that being an anomalous curisosity just isn't that many steps removed from being put upon a pre-death funeral pyre.

With family and addiction potential I was, in my wondering, just winking. Of course there will be both biological and environmental familial factors in addiction potential. What I wondered as far as redhead genetics is if there is a tendency towards tolerance. Tolerance alone does not speak to addiction anymore than it does alone to pain relief. I there a higher pain signal, or a higher tolerance to the drug and therefore more of the drug required to efficacious.

I think I'm thinking of this study.

But it's more about anesthesia than analgesia.

I never understood the point of heroic doses. But then I drink to excess most days. It comes to comfort with a drug and availability. If you have a reliable source in these times where pleasure from intoxicants is illegal, then you could ramp it up.

I've seen women that take a shitton of meth. Bizarre creatures, but it can be done. Men that get to the point of not being able to function in society. But that's what they choose, or we allow them to become.

Interesting then it looks like I was perpetuating an antiquated anesthesiological anomaly that maybe isnt so anomalous 🤔