• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Stimulants Can low dose dexedrine be a smooth affair without a horrendous crash if dose is low

Deioflaje

Greenlighter
2-fa has been the most perfect stimulant I ever took. My favorite effects of normal amp without the soul destroying comedown. But unfortunately 2-fa is now extinct on the scene and I don't really want to touch 2-fma since they say methamp is directly neurotoxic and 2-fma probably would hold the same properties eh?

It is also preferable to use well researched drugs vs non researched ones unless the unresearched one has much better side effect profile.

Anyhow I spoke to a friend recently and they told me they now have a prescription for lisdexamphetamine and said they would kindly send me some if I wanted to try it.
I only remember the horrific comedowns and side effects of street speed I used to have when I was younger. I always wondered how much of that was due to impurities of the substances vs the substance itself. I certainly would not want to experience those terrible comedowns again though. However I would have no intention of dosing in the recreational ranges I used to. I am more interested in low therapeutic doses.

But will it still have a comedown and feel hard on the system? I want an equivalent effect that around 30mg of 2-fa would have. But amp lasts alot longer which I am not fond of but I read that you can cut it short by superdosing vitamin C. This is well established in medical literature from what I've read rather than some junkie urban legend.

Thoughts?

I only remember the horrific comedowns and side effects of street speed I used to have when I was younger. I always wondered how much of that was due to impurities of the substances vs the substance itself. I certainly would not want to experience those terrible comedowns again though. However I would have no intention of dosing in the recreational ranges I used to. I am more interested in low therapeutic doses.

Impurities are overrated. Don't get me wrong, they're certainly not a good thing, and can cause unpleasant side effects (ex.: stims heavily cut with caffeine) at best and toxicity at worst, but those comedowns? That's usually the drug doing exactly what it's supposed to. Amphetamine causes your body to release dopamine. Take too much amphetamine => expend too much dopamine => feel like shit when your dopamine levels have hit rock bottom.

However, street speed is typically taken in pretty hefty doses. The recommended maximum daily dose of lisdexamphetamine ("Vyvanse") is 70 mg, which is approximately equivalent to around 30 mg of dextroamphetamine sulphate ("Dexedrine") or about 30-40 mg of mixed amphetamine salts ("Adderall"). At these dosages, the comedown is far more manageable than what you'd get from railing several lines of speed.
And while lisdexamphetamine's active metabolite is still dextroamphetamine, it has a much more gradual comeup than dexedrine since it takes a while for the conversion to take place; consequently, you also have a smoother comedown.

At genuinely therapeutic doses, you really shouldn't be experiencing a comedown. Many people use their therapeutically-dosed ADHD meds with days off between doses without noticing troubling sides.

As for acidifying your urine with Vit C megadoses, it's not an urban legend. It will shorten the half-life (the kidneys will flush out the amp+ascorbate). However if you dose early in the day, you're unlikely to have too much trouble sleeping at bedtime.

At genuinely therapeutic doses, you really shouldn't be experiencing a comedown. Many people use their therapeutically-dosed ADHD meds with days off between doses without noticing troubling sides.

As for acidifying your urine with Vit C megadoses, it's not an urban legend. It will shorten the half-life (the kidneys will flush out the amp+ascorbate). However if you dose early in the day, you're unlikely to have too much trouble sleeping at bedtime.

Although most people avoid taking it at the same time, since I found speed too strong and long lasting, taking vitamin c maybe as a proload could make it act in a similar fashion to 2-fa since they say that 2-fa is around 1/3 of the strength of regular amp. I read that with acidified urine the half life can be cut down to 7 hours vs the usual 11-12 hours for normal ph urine, the former of which seems alot more manageable.

Maybe 12 would be ok if you take it at the crack of dawn but still the vitamin c is great to have if it works to know you can put the brakes on when you wanna vs having to resort to heavy downers. I'd still have my red vein kratom on hand though to ease any turbulence on landing and aid sleep.

Although most people avoid taking it at the same time, since I found speed too strong and long lasting, taking vitamin c maybe as a proload could make it act in a similar fashion to 2-fa since they say that 2-fa is around 1/3 of the strength of regular amp. I read that with acidified urine the half life can be cut down to 7 hours vs the usual 11-12 hours for normal ph urine, the former of which seems alot more manageable.

Maybe 12 would be ok if you take it at the crack of dawn but still the vitamin c is great to have if it works to know you can put the brakes on when you wanna vs having to resort to heavy downers. I'd still have my red vein kratom on hand though to ease any turbulence on landing and aid sleep.

If amp is too long-lasting for you, you could also try ritalin instead.

I fall asleep quite easily after 10mg XR taken daily. Get tired ~9 hours afterwards or so. Well, when I don't abuse my script in one whole fcking night.