• Philosophy and Spirituality
    Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Threads of Note Socialize
  • P&S Moderators: Xorkoth | Madness

Can love conquer all?

Phoenix_rising

Bluelighter
I believe in love and try my best to be loving and caring whenever possible. I would love it if the world were to embraced love and understanding,but it doesn't seem to work.

We try to set examples and hope others will follow suit...Peace and love man. The harsh reality is we're still animals under the surface,you don't have to scratch much to see this,love is not part of that world. It's a dog eat dog scenario.

We have this amazing ability to communicate with each other that sets us apart from the other animals,but still we argue and cannot accept our differences. As much as I would love it if we could all awaken into a spiritual movement based on love and understanding I realise it's just a dream. There's that part of us that still thinks it's in the jungle trying to survive the night.

The natural law of this world is kill or be killed,eat or go hungry and to reproduce. We will never remove that part of ourselves,its what makes us. Its primal.

I still want love to conquer all,but will it ever? Will we evolve into a higher consciousness,becoming more enlightened? Will we ever see the error of our ways? I hope so.

What is this thread all about? Fuck knows. Just the ramblings of an old hippy who doesn't see much love. Please feel free to take the piss or add your own thoughts to all this bullshit...People like shit.

The amount of love any one individual can experience is limited by Dunbar's number unless you could reengineer the human race to act as if they're on MDMA all the time. So I don't think we will ever evolve into a super-loving species short of some very radical and successful feat of genetic engineering, no.

I believe in love and try my best to be loving and caring whenever possible. I would love it if the world were to embraced love and understanding,but it doesn't seem to work.

We try to set examples and hope others will follow suit...Peace and love man. The harsh reality is we're still animals under the surface,you don't have to scratch much to see this,love is not part of that world. It's a dog eat dog scenario.

We have this amazing ability to communicate with each other that sets us apart from the other animals,but still we argue and cannot except our differences. As much as I would love it if we could all awaken into a spiritual movement based on love and understanding I realise it's just a dream. There's that part of us that still thinks it's in the jungle trying to survive the night.

A lot of this reminded me of a video I watched recently, with an interpretation of the Kabballah. A woman describes us as either being in the vegetable level, the animal level, or so on. She suggests most people are in the vegetable level. To each their own interpretation of what that means. But further into the video she explained that one goes through the process of ascending the various spheres of the Kabballah before dropping back to Malkuth (the lowest sphere if I'm not mistaken) and ascending it again. I have my own thoughts of why this is, and I think it has a lot to do with understanding other's struggles, especially those on the "vegetable level".

I however do not think I can answer the question. I hear of a lot of people who are able to "fight off" negative energies and entities by using pure unconditional love. If love is the most powerful frequency, it should be able to conquer anything, I would think. But we've got 8 billion people on this planet and a lot of them scratching their heads as to whether Jesus is going to come and show us what love is (again). I guess I do think it can conquer all, but from what I've seen - like Jesus taking forever to reincarnate - it just takes too damn long.

The amount of love any one individual can experience is limited by Dunbar's number unless you could reengineer the human race to act as if they're on MDMA all the time. So I don't think we will ever evolve into a super-loving species short of some very radical and successful feat of genetic engineering, no.
That would be interesting to see.

A lot of this reminded me of a video I watched recently, with an interpretation of the Kabballah. A woman describes us as either being in the vegetable level, the animal level, or so on. She suggests most people are in the vegetable level. To each their own interpretation of what that means. But further into the video she explained that one goes through the process of ascending the various spheres of the Kabballah before dropping back to Malkuth (the lowest sphere if I'm not mistaken) and ascending it again. I have my own thoughts of why this is, and I think it has a lot to do with understanding other's struggles, especially those on the "vegetable level".

I however do not think I can answer the question. I hear of a lot of people who are able to "fight off" negative energies and entities by using pure unconditional love. If love is the most powerful frequency, it should be able to conquer anything, I would think. But we've got 8 billion people on this planet and a lot of them scratching their heads as to whether Jesus is going to come and show us what love is (again). I guess I do think it can conquer all, but from what I've seen - like Jesus taking forever to reincarnate - it just takes too damn long.

Thanks for the YouTube link,very interesting stuff.

I would love to be able to overcome negativity and negative people with love,I've tried and failed. I don't sweat the small stuff anymore,that came with time and practice...Maybe that's what it is,practice and discipline. Training the mind to love no matter what,to achieve a higher vibration.

We had LSD in the 60's with the summer of love that was supposed to change the world for the better,then the loved up ravers in the 90's with their ecstasy,but still things are fucked up. There is obviously a part of us that wants change.

Maybe aliens will save us from ourselves,come down and upgrade us...Or is that Jesus?

Last edited:

You would think that over time we would have grown tired with war and conflict. We should be by now evolved enough to rise above such primitive behaviour,but alas we still fuck each other over.

Its almost as if we are predisposed to kill ourselves. Maybe it's built into us as a way of keeping populations down,being the apex predator there's nothing else to do it.

One of my sayings that I've written out in poetry is "Love killed me", so yes I think it can.

it doesn't seem to work.
Not everyone gets to experience authentic love. It's a two way street. Individualism, capitalism are largely incompatible with "love goals" for many individuals. I point my finger at a person, not a system/society but yes we're largely alienated from love in society and I can see this argument being very valid too.

As much as I would love it if we could all awaken into a spiritual movement based on love and understanding I realise it's just a dream.
Well, yes, because you're defining success at a rate of 100%. Most modern medicines, techniques, therapies never hit such great numbers.

The issue of overpopulation is ignored; the alien lack of love in society is because there are too many of us competing for too few resources and at this point anything we seems to do just generates more people and longer lifespans.

No even in a smaller population not everyone will experience love. I think it would increase the chances, though.

I don’t think love is any more powerful than fear (the opposite end of the spectrum) they are equal and opposable forces in this reality.

It’s not so much that one is stronger than the other, but some people wield more of one or the other making them stronger or weaker. If you hold a lot of love in your heart, yes it can stop lots of evil entities and/or keeps them at bay at least. Same with an evil individual, if they hold enough hate/fear/anger in their heart they can have the same effect on loving entities and individuals.

That’s not to say there isn’t someone out there who can’t crush them, but a strong guy walking down the street will inevitably be less harassed than someone who’s small and vulnerable.

That said, this is a war IMO.. So spiritual warriors of either side will often deal with “assaults” from the others.

In the end there’s no getting out of it lol. If you try to ignore it you become a sheep that can be manipulated either direction, if you pick a side then you accept a life of spiritual warfare and all that comes with it.

That’s my crazy tripped out take on it lol

-GC

Sure why not? I mean barring the person is truly evil such as a psychopath, sociopath, serial killer, kills/tortures animals/people...

Basically. Not every one will turn super loving at once. I'm just hoping to wake people up to what's going on in the world. Being awake is important. I'm sick of the bad guys getting over on people.
I don't see the lovey dovey thing happening. People are still too caught up in racism and other things that divide us.

I agree with the idea that the "love" you will feel for humanity generally-speaking won't be like familial or romantic love, it will be more limited because those other kinds of love are based on a knowledge of your people which couldn't possibly be extended to every other person on the planet. (Personally I don't believe in the concept of "love at first sight", IMO love comes about only through interaction and shared experience, getting to know someone basically.)

I ❤ love, though. It almost makes life worth living

NB. Hate is a more powerful force than Love, and interestingly, the word Heart is an anagram of Hater.

But love IS better, sure.