• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Can it be done? Quitting opiods with just Tramadol..

I'm still on Tramadol =|
I take 450mg to 500mg daily. The most I have taken in a 8-12 hour period was 550mg to 575mg, possibly 600mg. I try to take less, but I always have that "itch in the chest" or a cold feeling, even after taking my nightly Oxy ER. So recently I have been having to take an extra tab, or 2, so I can sleep without withdrawal.
BUT I also take 16mg + Clonzepam at night, all at once, so I assume that's going to help lower the chance of seziure, unless I go overboard and pop 700mg to 1000mg+

Then I take 40mg Oxy ER to sleep. Tramadol antidepressants effects are very noticeable. I feel somewhat normal.

But if I'm JUST on Oxy?? I have no energy, no motivation, depressed, etc.........Yet when I take Tramadol it removes most of the WD, and has greatly reduced my depression, OCD, and much more.
Sooo... If I go back to Oxy only, to taper, , I'll become depressed again, no energy, etc.... So my question WAS: what do I do!?! If I go back to Oxy only to taper I'll be super depressed... I NEED AN antidepressant, and Tramadol being an SNRI has made me feel normal. Problem is most SSRI's do effect the metabolism of Oxycodone. If I take Prozac, then try to take Oxy I will remain in WD. It just won't absorb. Tried is so many times... Same story for most antidepressants.... Haven't tried Effexor ER Yet, but I hear that's basically Tramadol minus the opiod effects.
It's called "California rocket fuel" when taking with Remeron, which I take. I guess because the two drugs combined helps serotonin, NE, and dopamine.