• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Harm Reduction Can I use GABA-A to push the Benzoes (on Escitalopram) ?Serotonin-Syndrom? Pls help

Okay, do

I have to fear anything or not?

JJ

From those gaba supplements?
Not serotonin syndrome, but it seems that some people experience some weird side effects from taking gaba supplements, so don't take too high of a dose for your first time, just in case it doesn't suit you well.

I honestly don't think it's worth it to take gaba, doesn't seem to do anything good.
Those kind of supplement don't really do much.

I'd rather drink chamomile, valerian root tea or take something like magnesium (in bioavailable form).
Or keep smoking weed if it really helps you.

@JoEhJoEh

Do you have a doctor to discuss this with? That's a pretty complicated mix of drugs and none of us know your specific medical history or even basics about your body, such as weight, which could make a pretty big difference with some of these issues.

I'd rather drink chamomile, valerian root tea or take something like magnesium (in bioavailable form).

This is definitely good advice, magnesium is excellent for an alternative.

by "GABA-A" do you mean gamma amino butyric acid? There is no "GABA-A", only GABA. GABA-A is one of the types of receptors that GABA binds to.

That said, oral GABA is basically placebo, and vitamin B6 is a component of a healthy diet, so there is no risk of serotonin syndrome from those (in fact there is probably very little psychoactive effect at all).