• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Benzos Can I take my temazepam for my panic attacks and anxiety?

OlympicSwimmer

Greenlighter
Hey guys, I know this question is a little bit stupid but I'd really be thankful if you guys could leave a response with either very good knowledge and or an experience using temazepam for anxiety. So here's the problem, my doctor doesn't want to put me on another benzo, I'm currently on temazepam for insomnia but I have a big week at work coming up, I have to give lots of presentations and I get bad panic attacks when I do so. My doctor has me on gabapentin currently for the anxiety except it doesn't really work to well when it comes to panic attacks. I know when i take my temazepam at night it really gives me a nice calm feeling and relaxes me, so my question is do you think taking a temazepam 30mg pill in the day to get rid of my anxiety would work well and relieve me of the anxiety? Has anyone had an experience with this or have good knowledge? I also know the temazepam makes you sleepy, but I have adderall that I take in the day for add that I would be mixing with it so it would keep me up and focused while on the temazepam, thanks y'all!

You "can" do it, although I'd be *very* careful with the dosage. Your worries should be less about the Temazepam making you tired than about it getting you just plain wasted - as a fast-acting & primarily sedative-hypnotic benzo, Temazepam is among the most euphoric of these compounds, and is consequently considered one of the most addictive. It can be notoriously hard to tell just how fucked you actually are on a benzo, especially when combined with a stim, so this is not a viable long-term solution, either because you burn out or your work performance suffers.

Not trying to lecture you - been there, done that (only with Ritalin & Clonazepam instead of Amps and Temazepam), and I perfectly believe you about Gabapentin being insufficient for acute anxiety (I'm on Pregabalin and while I think it is a miracle drug, it mostly works for suppressing Generalized Axiety, but not for combating a panic attack), but... just tread carefully, ok?

aaaahhhhh, temazepam aint that great! It's an effective drug (based on my one experience with 30 mgs) but it stacks up similarly with the rest of its drug family as far as abuse potential or "euphoria" goes IMO. I've done a lot of different drugs in this class, including some of the more rare ones like triazolam, and my favorite one remains clonazepam, one of the most widely prescribed ones on the market today. It seems to be a very subjective class of drug.

Temazepam is an effective hypnotic so I'd think that would limit it's usefulness as a daytime anxiolytic.

^ Thats what I was thinking, also you mentioned lyrica as a good drug, my doctor was thinking about switching me from gabapentin to it, would it be stronger than gabapentin and more effective?