• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Stimulants Can I stop and quit meth on my own?

Jesus. How long ago did he say that? God to think he would ruin all of your lives even if only for a while just to get back at you. Any jockstrapped motherfucker who says this has serious control issues. Just the thought of you managing to hide something (like this) from him makes him want to strip children away from their mother? Sickening.

You indeed can quit Meth alone, but you've got some critical things holding you back. Not having your partners support is unfortunate, it could be likened to him being an addict and refusing to quit with you as to how much that situation could hold you back so you'll just have to want it a little more than usual. I certainly quit an admirable IV meth addiction that spanned about 12 years and my access to drugs meth in particular was excessive.

You do need to be able to sleep it off - it's great but the depression can match it. I wasn't consumed with depression I think because my will to FINALLY ACTUALLY quit was greater. I had really had enough, it defined my late teens to my late 20's and I needed to change. Been clean of Meth for just short of a decade. Wishing you good luck and all the best, Take care.
This post is a little bit naive, we don't know the OP's history , personality or anything about her. Maybe the husband had a reason to say that, but supposing he didn't he could just be trying to threaten her to show her that she shouldn't use drugs. If you have children you have a responsibility to them first. That's why the courts are much more likely to strip away custody from the mother is she uses drugs.

That being said, OP, if you really want to stop using drugs, tell your husband the truth. Keeping your addiction secret is keeping you addicted. You will need his support. He won't divorce you just because you decided to be honest with him about piror drug use and decided to clean up. But if you keep using he is likely to divorce you and you will end up losing your kids because addiction gets worse over time.

Just be honest with him, if he is a real man he will forgive you and instead look towards the future and help you beat your addiction. Whatever you decide to do, hopefully it goes well with you

This post is a little bit naive, we don't know the OP's history , personality or anything about her. Maybe the husband had a reason to say that, but supposing he didn't he could just be trying to threaten her to show her that she shouldn't use drugs. If you have children you have a responsibility to them first. That's why the courts are much more likely to strip away custody from the mother is she uses drugs.

That being said, OP, if you really want to stop using drugs, tell your husband the truth. Keeping your addiction secret is keeping you addicted. You will need his support. He won't divorce you just because you decided to be honest with him about piror drug use and decided to clean up. But if you keep using he is likely to divorce you and you will end up losing your kids because addiction gets worse over time.

Just be honest with him, if he is a real man he will forgive you and instead look towards the future and help you beat your addiction. Whatever you decide to do, hopefully it goes well with you
Well said. I hope to marry an intelligent, sensitive man like you some day. :) Where are you from? ;)

it defined my late teens to my late 20's and I needed to change.

Ever since my parents stripped me from the playgrounds when I was 6, to get me in school, I knew it would only get worst. I knew school was not a required step to get a better life, but only the beginning of a shit life. I knew the good days were over and I fought the process the best I could.

Life on Earth is...intolerable. There's just too much to give. You KNOW what meth feels like, you felt the best of it, the best of YOU. Look at what they make you give! They make you give your best to survive, and what are you left with? The shell? What good is that? Carrying it around, in good health?

I know, I know, I shouldn't have felt that! I shouldn't have felt what "my best" feels like. My best feels amazing! I don't want to give it away, why can't anyone understand this? Why is everybody looking for me to give my best everywhere I go!? My best is a keeper! It's not for fucking sale!

Me, refusing to give my best, does not mean I'm still a teenager, it means my best is not for sale, you think skulled idiots called society. Get this through your head.