• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids can I snort codeine?

katelynLR

Greenlighter
Hi all, I know a guy who sells (supposedly) pure codeine in powdered form and my question is, can you actually snort codeine? seen mixed answers on this online, people saying that you won't feel anything as codeine needs to be metabolised others saying it works as long as it's pure ie not mixed with paracetamol etc, also found this https://www.codeine.com/effects/dangers-snorting-codeine.html

not sure what to believe anyone know for sure? Ty

I've done it before. It does work.
Years and years back I had a few strips of the 30mg codeine pills (no paracetamol)
I had quite a high opi tolerance at the time, I was bombing 400mg tram every morning, doing dhc, morphine, oxynorm regularly (ahh oxynorm and ket in a line - good times) . And to get a good high from codeine alone I'd need 300mg+
Some days I'd crush up 3, 4 or 5 and mix it in with some lines of k. Mainly to stretch out the k though lol
It's quite alot of powder to snort tho and not exactly pleasant on the nose or throat. Nothing horrible but not pleasant.
You're better off just swallowing them tbh!
You could always crush multiple tablets and then parachute/bomb them. That's what I used to do with tram, rather than taking 8 separate capsules just 1 big bomb so it all got into system quicker/at once.

Note if you're going to take 300mg+ of codeine have some promethazine or other anti histamine around because you are going to itch sooooo bad, it's a must trust me

Snort 300mg in a few big fat lines, 50-100mg might get stuck in your nose but 200-250mg will drop down your throat into your stomach. So it WILL work. But not as well as just plain swallowing them.
So the answer isn't 'no' it's 'yes, kinda, but...'

No. It's a pro-drug and needs to be metabolized by the liver into morphine. You will get high from snorting it, but almost entirely because of most of it dripping down the back of your throat into your stomach.

As others have said, it might work to a certain extend, but it's a bad idea. Codeine needs to be metabolized into morphine and codeine-6-glucuronide