Can I modify my user name?

If someone tried to register an account with the username 'CUNT' would it be allowed?

^Yeah, it would. No rule against usernames here... we only really discourage names with email addresses in them or shit like "CheapRCs" for the obvious reasons.

^Yeah, it would. No rule against usernames here... we only really discourage names with email addresses in them or shit like "CheapRCs" for the obvious reasons.

Fair enough! Well I guess I will cash in my name change pass. I expect all traces of andyturbo to be showing CUNT by tomorrow.

Not really ?

From the Bluelight User Agreement, which everyone consented to in joining the site:

1. Bluelight reserves the right to take action to restrict or terminate your access to Bluelight at any time for any reason.
  2. Bluelight reserves the right to publish, edit, delete or restore contributed content as it sees fit.
  3. Bluelight staff reserve the right to discuss the content of private messages sent to them with any and all staff members for the purposes of community management.
  4. Bluelight reserves the right to edit any user profile at any time for any reason.
  5. Bluelight will remove any content from its sites which Bluelight, in its sole discretion, determines to be harmful, offensive, or otherwise in violation of these policies.

From the Bluelight User Agreement, which everyone consented to in joining the site:

1. Bluelight reserves the right to take action to restrict or terminate your access to Bluelight at any time for any reason.
  2. Bluelight reserves the right to publish, edit, delete or restore contributed content as it sees fit.
  3. Bluelight staff reserve the right to discuss the content of private messages sent to them with any and all staff members for the purposes of community management.
  4. Bluelight reserves the right to edit any user profile at any time for any reason.
  5. Bluelight will remove any content from its sites which Bluelight, in its sole discretion, determines to be harmful, offensive, or otherwise in violation of these policies.
Leave C**T alone you big bully! ?

Thanks for the replies.

My issue here, to be completely lucid (maybe slightly ritalin induced), is that I registered other forum accounts some time ago, not knowing I would use them to the extent I have recently.

I absent mindedly used this same screen name on said accounts, and now that they have become particularly active, I believe it's possible to locate this bluelight account and post history via a simple google search of the same screen name.

The contents of this account is not something I want other users to be able to readily associate with the other accounts.

Basically - I'm looking for away around this?

Now - I can delete the other forum account, set all post history to private - and hope that that alleviates the issue (which it may or may not).

It would be much easier if my entire post history on bluelight could be modified to a different screen name - even the most modest change like an underscore or something.

Ees posible? (from the responses so far, it looks unlikely).

25$ donation and you can:)

^^Correct! More specifically:

a 'thank you' perk for donators - account name change

following the launch of the donations portal (see: Introducing Bluelight's Donations Portal!), we're pleased to announce that those donating to bluelight now receive a one-time account name change as a thank you.

if you would like to take advantage of this perk, simply forward the receipt email you receive from maps to [email protected], along with the new name you are requesting. the abandoned accounts policy (see: change to the terms of the blua: abandoned accounts) will apply.

there's no donation minimum - donate what you can afford - but we think $25 seems about right.

I find apostrophes offensive.

Apostrophes are just imaginative commas. How can anyone truly be bothered by them? The big issue in punctuation these days is the dash war as I call it.

Y'all better pick a side. ?