• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Can I mix morphine (oral) with oxycontin?

RainDogtheCat

Bluelighter
Took about 30mg of oxycontin about 6 hours ago. I don't feel super fucked up just chillin. I used to have a high tolerance to oxy but I quit for awhile and am now getting back into it so my tolerance isnt crazy high. I just realized I have some 30mg ABG morph pills and was wondering if it would be alright to mix. Maybe just take like 15mg? What do you guys think? Thanks

I would not do it. You said you were into oxycodone but then quit it, so your tolerance did go down some. You also posted how two or three nights ago you overdosed on dulaudid. Be safe.

If you need to potentiate the oxycodone, smoke a nice Indica while on it.

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/14706563

http://www.medscape.com/viewarticle/755388

Last edited:
I would not do it. You said you were into oxycodone but then quit it, so your tolerance did go down some. You also posted how two or three nights ago you overdosed on dulaudid. Be safe.

If you need to potentiate the oxycodone smoke a nice Indica while on it.

lol yes i did but still haven't determined what that was about. I have heard that morph and oxy mesh quite well together and these morph arent that strong on their own. Probably won't do it I guess thank you father. Also I haven't really been blazing lately because it gives me anxiety. That's actually one of the reasons I started doing opiates again because I used to blaze a lot to take the edge off but just recently started giving me anxiety :/ Wish I could tho

In a moderately opiate tolerant person it is ok to mix the two, especially a low dose morphine like 30mg.

I've been prescribed the two together.

However, as you say you've had a break from regular opiate use. This is how many ODs happen.

Know your tolerance. Peace.

Rtp

I use oxymorphone and oxycodone daily together. Just remember they are active at different opiate sites so your morphine tollerance will be less than the oxycodone, but the tollerance for oxycodone would be lower than morphine would be if you were tollerant to morphine as while oxycodone metabolises about 15% into oxymorphone I think at that rate while morphine doesn't break down into something that activates the kappa region leaving mainly MU activity. Morphine is less selective to mu having kappa activity while hydromorphone is more selctive to mu and oxymorphone having negligible kappa activity. same thing for oxy/hydro/codeine except for being more selective to the kappa region vs mu although unlike morphine that metabolizes as is each codeine form converts to their morphine counterpart creating mu activity by that route. Opiates are tricky....... Respect opiates and your body and they can be a lifesaving tool leaving euphoric dreaming life when used properly. If one chooses not to respect one or both then opiate and the dependency they.

hope this helps

Absolutely you CAN. If you have the tolerance!

Morphine for me is not really euphoric at all, because I don't IV, I take all my opiates orally.

BUT, Morphine is an EXCELLANT potentiator for my Opiates of choice. I would mix Morphine with Hydrocodone/Oxycodone and get a fantastic high. Way better than either of them alone.

One of my best opiate high's came with 60mg Morphine Sulfate ER, 90mg of Oxycodone and 100mg PROMETHAZINE. GOD I miss those days!!

Dilaudid (Hydromorphone) & OxyContin (Oxycodone) are two of the most highly sought after, euphoric potent opioid analgesic narcotic medications…….Dilaudid for I.V. Injections are HEAVY hitting Potent narcotic pain medication and oral Oxycodone for the most pleasurable euphoric opioid bliss on planet earth

Oxycodone HCL oral or injection is hands down the ultimate opioid narcotic….short of acquiring pharmaceutical grade Diacetylmorphine / Diamorphine (Heroin)

Diamorphine/Cocaine/Diazepam/Ketamine all loaded in a single 30 gauge 1c.c. insulin syringe would be the ultimate hybrid Speedball / Brompton Cocktail……my “last meal”

Diamorphine (Heroin) 3.5 parts
Cocaine HCL 1.5parts
Diazepam 1 part
Ketamine 0.75 part

Terminal illness / hospice/ end of life stage cancer, etc…..this hybrid I.V. Brompton Cocktail is the Gold Standard and a freaking god send to make the patient as comfortable as possible, mentally alert, pain free, comfortable, mood-boosting euphoric relaxation, obliterating mental & physical pain & discomfort

God bless the pharmaceutical industry, advancements in modern medicine, CII controlled substances, and Mother Nature for providing all these natural plants on planet earth such as the opium poppy, coca leaves, cannabis, psilocybin, ethanol ….and the synthetic molecules made by pharmacists in a modern lab such as Benzodiazepines (Valium, Xanax, Ativan, Klonopin), Methadone, Oxycodone, Diacetylmorphine (Heroin), LSD-25, Ketamine, dopaminergic stimulants including Cocaine, Methylphenidate, Phenmetrazine, Amphetamines (Benzedrine/Dexedrine/Methedrine/Biphetamine/Lisdexamfetamine)

I use oxymorphone and oxycodone daily together. Just remember they are active at different opiate sites so your morphine tollerance will be less than the oxycodone, but the tollerance for oxycodone would be lower than morphine would be if you were tollerant to morphine as while oxycodone metabolises about 15% into oxymorphone I think at that rate while morphine doesn't break down into something that activates the kappa region leaving mainly MU activity. Morphine is less selective to mu having kappa activity while hydromorphone is more selctive to mu and oxymorphone having negligible kappa activity. same thing for oxy/hydro/codeine except for being more selective to the kappa region vs mu although unlike morphine that metabolizes as is each codeine form converts to their morphine counterpart creating mu activity by that route. Opiates are tricky....... Respect opiates and your body and they can be a lifesaving tool leaving euphoric dreaming life when used properly. If one chooses not to respect one or both then opiate and the dependency they.

hope this helps
I work in Medical Laboratory Science, and I can assure you oxymorphone is a MINOR metabolite at best, and it is absolutely not 15%. It's closer to 5% (3-5%). Noroxycodone makes up 70% of metabolites. It's NORoxymorphone that 15%, not oxymorphone. Big difference.

Also, just because oxycodone is more selective to the mu-receptor, doesn't mean it's selectivity is a net good or that its affinity is stronger than morphine/heroin as to mu-activation. Nonbenzos like zolpidem and are selective to subunit 1 of the GABA-alpha receptor, but secobarbital, pentobarbital, and all the good benzos are non-selective.

Your receptor selectivity theories are baseless.

There is a prominent medical journal that explored & tested the DDI of taking Oxycodone with the RC benzo Diclazepam. Taking Diclazepam (2-Chloro-Diazepam) a functional analog of Valium (Diazepam) synthesized by the same chemist but never brought to market ……co-administered with Oxycodone SIGNIFICANTLY increases the more toxic active metabolite Oxymorphone.

…..which would be very dangerous actually

Diclazepam — has 3 active long acting licensed pharmaceutical benzodiazepine metabolites
Delorazepam (VERY long acting) significant accumulation will occur with daily dosing (potent anxiolytic)
Lorazepam (Ativan) potent anxiolytic
(1 more active metabolite but more of a hypnotic)

Plus the Oxycodone being metabolized into the much more potent opioid narcotic Oxymorphone (Opana)

Better be a very tolerant long term user of both classes of drugs

Plenty of people have mixed whatever opioids with heroin even. I wouldn't say they were fine because there's other things going on in their life that are causing them to do that LOL. Its just really unless its for direct physical pain, it doesn't feel as good as you think to combine opioids. Like I get why someone would be tempted to do that, but its just really not worth the *i wish I was higher than I am* kind of high that mixing actually results in feeling like. You just wish you were feeling better than it did lol.. Morphine on oxy just doesn't mix like people would want it to so I'd only mix if it was for pain. But that's a personal experience. Mixing them is just lack luster. Even hydro + oxy. It just feels more of the oxy but not in a way that an addict would notice.