• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Alcohol Can I drink while on these medications

bigbadrobin

Greenlighter
Hi I'm on a lot of medications. They are
]Suboxone 30mg in morning
]Clonazapam 2mg at night
Temazapam 30mg at nighT
]Allegron 200 mg at night
topamax 100mg at night
]Risperidone 2mg at night
]I want to have a six pack of alcohol tonight. I used to be a heavy drinker and used to take all these medications and it didn't effect me. But I have not had a drink in seven months. Will it be safe to drink a few drinks and still take all those tablets even though I haven't had a drink in seven months? I used to be fine back when I drank a lot of alcohol. I'm just nervous cause I read that mixing benzo with opiates and alcohol will kill you. Thank you very much

30mg of sub!! thatsa lot of meds. if you used to be ok drinking with these meds then just drink a beer or 2 then wait till you sober up a little before opening up another. go slow.

Be careful. A beer at first. See what it does you within an hour or so ... if you're not asleep, perhaps you can continue. But don't be surprised if alcohol effects you 2x, 5x, 10x what it used to on that pharma regimen. Be extremely careful. A lot of pharms never killed anyone solo, the maxim being, "it's easier to die choking on the pills,' but with booze added to the mix, it's another matter entirely. So tread carefully, my friend.

What kind of doctor would prescribe 30mgs of suboxone daily, Jesus.

A good point, given that the saturation point is somewhere between 16 and 24mg, depending on whom you ask ...

There's no need for more than 16mg for opioid substitution purposes, TBH, speaking from personal experience. Beyond that, the doctor is either a croak or ignorant.

Last edited:

I thought exactly the same.

OP: With that regimen of meds I would definitely not drink if you like to breathe.
I mean that megadose of Bupe+ 2 Benzos an Antidepressant, an Anticonvulsant and an Antipsychotic?
Thats kind of overkill and every one of those meds has interactions with alcohol.

Even if you would drink it is highly likely that you wont feel a pleasant buzz but just fucked up in an uncomfortable way.

Gotta love dirty docs...
Drink 1 beer max... you don't need anymore buzz added to your daily cocktail of sedation.

Not really a 'dirty doc' in your case lol. He is either very smart and doing the typical trick they pull which is put you on the highest dose on purpose so you cant catch a buzz, or very stupid and accidentally kept you from getting anything out of your meds. He is actually preventing you from getting any kind of high at all from your sub. FYI. 30 mg has your receptors so saturated you likely feel very little if anything whereas if you were at a lower dosage (usually under 16 mg). You can actually get a small buzz daily from it. And if you manage to get stable on 2 mg or below you can actually get a substantial buzz from norbuprenorphine.

Think of it this way, bupe has a half life of up to 60 hours. So after a week of dosing 30 mg a day you are ingesting the bupe faster than your body can push it out keeping yourself in a steady state of not feeling any WD but also not feeling any kind of buzz. The clever man rides the line so that you can enjoy a pretty much uninterrupted low level opiate type high (low level yes but too much and you cant function in daily life) that you can maintain as long as you have the medication.

Last edited:
that benzo is coming at night.. you think it would have the same type effect if he drinks.. well, lets say has a few beers between 8-11PM and then takes his 2MG clon right before bed? I've been on benzos many times and would usually drink and always take my benzo before bed. never really had much of a problem but I was also not drinking heavily; more just casual drinks.

I am also on 12-16MG/bupe myself and will drink; again, it hits me much harder than most but I am not drinking much, just a few beers in a friendly type environment; not sitting alone in a room just solo!

drinking was never my thing; which is probably why. but drugs, however, are STILL my things and thats STILL a major problem.