• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Benzos Can I buy a strip of 10 xanax to try them out without being concerned of becoming a slavish addict?

I suppose if I had no desire for valium beyond those rare occasions then xanax should be the same?
In my experience, this isn't a definitely correct. I used both of these and a few other benzos. Never craved for any of them even after long time use/abuse with high doses except Alprazolam. The rapid, hard hitting nature of Xanax made the whole difference.
So, you not feeling a desire to use Diazepam doesn't guarantee that you will feel the same about Alprazolam, at least according to my experience.
The situation can be characterized by the how people who have had no issues using cocaine once in in a while but once they start crack, they have very little control over their use. Not exactly the same but similar.

I am what is likely described as an alcoholic.
I drink wine every night and have for 15 years. Generally between a bottle and perhaps up to a bottle and a half.
Recently i was down to 1/2 bottle after really trying but back up again as i dabbled in some stims.

Yikes, i probably drink the equivalent of a bottle of wine a night and don't consider myself an alcoholic perhaps im fooling myself...

I guess the whole bottle a day thing is easily defined. What happens if you don't drink at all? For me, i suffer no craving if not at home only if at home.

I have gone a few days here an there over the years, but honestly its been couple of years when i last had alcohol free days. Try and see how you go. I term myself an alcoholic as i drink more than i wish, but i am highly functioning and doing well generally