• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Misc Can I be more creative/ get back to my creative state of mind by quitting drugs?

AndrewLiam

Bluelighter
I have been making pretty awful and selfish life choices recently in pursuit of drugs..I was the worst pothead for like 6 years and just recently stopped smoking, but I have traded the weed high for drinking everyday, doing coke here and there, looking for painkillers and any drug do lift my depression. I haven't felt true creativity in so long i'm forgetting what it feels like...I think this is because of my drug use/fixation. I know some people are like addicted to weed?! but I was the worst weedhead out there, i had to smoke everyday all day or I wouldn't eat/socialize/ come out of my room until i had a bowl packed. Tbh I just want to quit drugs and leave them behind for ever, which is a bit sad because I do think they are useful but I think I ruined them for myself. Do you think I will cheer up find happiness If I leave all these substances behind? I have a lot of hope:)

yes, almost certainly! i found myself a lot more weird and fun and expressive after quitting drugs. the pot and painkillers esp. turn your brain to mush

Yes you will if you quit using drugs. Good luck. Bluelight's sober living forum is helpful. Even if you just want to vent, or ask advice.

yes, almost certainly! i found myself a lot more weird and fun and expressive after quitting drugs. the pot and painkillers esp. turn your brain to mush

I can only second this so much!

I used to draw a lot and made decoration stuff and such. Not so much anymore after getting used to opiates and weed.
But it is also a moderation thing. The pot using pattern you (OP) described always makes people lethargic and uncreative fucks but smoking once or twice a month is totally fine imo.
Same with Opis. But generally living clean or almost clean makes you a more open and adventurous person :)

Thanks for awesome response!, def. want to be more open and adventurous..Maybe I should just stay away from it all because I feel like i've already learned as much as I can through psychedelics and weed, even dmt..so I feel as though I will "never" lose that unique perspective that drugs give you. I also hate that really stoned high you get when you don't smoke often and i just end up feeling weird and immature, like "I've been here and done this, why am I smoking this bong again?". I feel torn between feeling more mature and feeling like i'm becoming an old fart and someone I never thought i'd be, sober at 23 lol but oh well in life you have to make tough choices and I feel this is the right one..thanks a lot Zerwas!