• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Can hydrocodone be fully converted into hydromorphone

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dr.benet

Greenlighter
Just wondering how hard it would be to seperate hydrocodone from tylenol and after refining the hydrocodone converting it into hydromorphone

We can help you with separating hydrocodone from tylenol, but the rest is synthesis discuss and not allowed..

Separation via CWE & Conversion in vivo

1. Separating it from Tylenol isn't very hard at all, as long as you are familiar with CWEs (cold water extractions). There are many places that explain how to do this very simple procedure since its in the interest of harm reduction. Its all pretty much the same, you can find it on erowid, or even watch videos of this on youtube. If you haven't done this type of extraction before, there is a first for everything however in order for you to be able to be familiarized with this procedure I highly recommend you go out to your local pharmacy and buy yourself some OTC Tylenol 1 or AC&C though this is only legal in Canada I believe, if you cannot get this in your state or EU country and there isn't anything else available like Neurofen Plus (ibuprofen + codeine, otc in UK for example), or Codamol, get some of the cheapest/lowest mg pills you can find on the street probably Tylenol 2 or Tylenol 3. *PRACTICE ON THESE* Find a pharmacy that provides a codeine preparation which will most likely be no stronger than 8mg per pill.

I have been doing CWEs on codeine and Tramacet preparations since I started using in 2002-2003 but 90% of the time it was done on Tylenol 1s which are OTC in Canada. I always preferred Aspirin since the final solution was *much* clearer and the process was about 5x as fast, that is using a coffee filter, which is the way I've done all my CWEs, also I never re-used (mostly due the low grade pills). The ones that were prepared with Tylenol always came out cloudy to the point I'd say about 15%-20% would still be in the mix, while with Aspirin this amount is reduced to less than 5%-7% left over. I have to point out that the Tramacets were a complete disaster using the CWE method I've always used, aka coffee filter, and to a lesser extent so was another mixture of Tylenol 2s & Tylenol 3s I had going simultaneously side by side almost. The Tylenol 2s & 3s came out cloudy like always and it required a long time for the complete mixture to drip. I find that as soon as you start to pour your Tylenol mix onto the coffee filter it immediately gets plugged up, making it an extremely long time to be completed by letting it sit on its own, just letting it drip, about 45min-1hr compared to aspirin which is done within 20min.

I hear to perfect the method using Tylenol one must use a moist paper towel (that's the Towelie guarantee). There is a guy on utube impossible to miss who does it this way and its extremely clean, see through even! Others on this site have told me when I asked how to perfect this method using Tylenol to use 'vacuum filters' if I recall correctly however I have not tried neither the paper towel method nor the vacuum filter method.

2. Converting hydrocodone to hydromorphone is something that would violate forum policy if I told you. Honestly I don't know myself, however there are many patents and probably over 100 different ways of producing hydromorphone from hydrocodone. What I can tell you is that it would require an extremely sophisticated state of the art facility (not like making meth, which is *much* simpler). You would need to have access to a) some very expensive precursors, in most likelihood much more expensive than purchasing the drug itself a thousand times even and b) some very restricted precursors that would raise many questions & not to mention significant legal problems that will arise without the proper manifest!

Dr. B, I believe you have a misconception with this notion and I will explain! In vivo, there is a relatively small amount (of course its dose dependent) that is metabolized through 1st pass metabolism into hydromorphone, among with some other metabolites, some of which are active. Much like oxycodone is metabolized into a small amount to oxymorphone, or like codeine is metabolized into a small amount of morphine. Whatever the drug is metabolized to, as long as the metabolite is active and its metabolism is completed, that is the drug cannot be broken down any further - this is the parent drug. For example, in your case the parent drug for hydrocodone is hydromorphone. It makes no sense testing for say oxycodone since it is metabolized to oxymorphone anyways. Testing for oxymorphone would be indicative of possible oxycodone use, or oxymorphone itself! This is one of the main reasons drug testing is done on these so called 'parent drugs'! As this is not a secret, I'm not breaking any rules, actually this is very common knowledge since it literally comes with the drug testing kit.

You cannot, I don't know say piss out your dose of hydrocodone and expect to remove the small percentage of drug that has converted to hydromorphone! What you are describing is extremely complex and extremely complicated! Separating it from Tylenol is easily done however and actually strongly encouraged on the basis of harm reduction. I hope I clarified things up a bit, if your thread hasn't been closed by this time - it probably won't get closed but you won't get any answers either.

Last edited:
Let's just say your average Joe wouldn't have the means or knowledge to do so..

Closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.