• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Heroin Can GABAPENTIN reset/fuck with heroin detox?

Nether Animal

Bluelighter
I need to give you guys a timeline so there is some background here, I'll try and keep it punctual:

I've basically been forced by circumstance to kick heroin, been off/on user for 7 years, I know the drill and this was a 4 month bender:

Let's go back six days to last Wednesday which was the day after I ran out of options to use:

Wednesday: Used gaba (nothing else) to get through the day 1-3 grams daily average
Thursday: Used gaba again
Friday: Copped a little bit of dope, maybe used $20 worth throughout the day and ended up wasting the rest (my water bottle leaked on the table and ruined the bit I had saved)
Saturday: Cold turkeyed it
Sunday: Cold turkey again, but I'm maybe 6/10, its manageable with some weed
Monday: Got more gaba, used about 1.5 grams throughout the day spaced out, last dose was around 5pm. Went to bed at 11 and woke up at 2:45 drenched in sweat and feeling super dopesick, like I totally regressed to a week earlier, it was awful. I took 900mg gaba and it slowly went away.

Now it's been nearly twelve hours since then and I haven't taken anything else, and I feel (relatively) fine. What is going on here? It was far too pronounced to be PAWS, plus I've only used once in the last week. It was definitely dopesickness. I know PAWS can be up and down day to day, but this was like I totally regressed to the worst of the detox period, and the day before I was clean and able to function. This has never happened to me before.

Dysregulation of your GABA B receptors (don't argue: it does affect the GABA B receptors - just because one study says it doesn't, doesn't mean it does not; one study says it does affect it, and all my GABA books don't deny its activity but merely state that it is a matter of debate) and your calcium channels - specifically the N type calcium channel - from such high dosage of the gabapentin consistently could be the cause. Also the Kir channels that gabapentin binds to.

These are all major channels of activity in your brain, and a reduction in activity in any of them - not to mention all of them - could lead to kindling and excitation - and a worsening of any withdrawal syndrome.

Are those related to how opiate withdrawal works? I know they play a role somewhere but I though the opiate receptors rebounding was what causes jonesing.

I'm trying to be careful and not throw my head out of whack using these, which is why I didn't take any before going to sleep.

Mu opioid receptors are linked to inward rectifying potassium channels just like the GABA B receptor. The Kir channel is an inward rectifying potassium channe as welll. So you have reduced activity at all three. And the mu opioid receptor works by inhibiting GABA. So upregulation of your mu receptors is inhibiting GABA release. And you have reduced GABAergic activity because of downregulation of your GABA B receptors.

I'm going to try and go all day today without taking any and see if that comes back.

Thanks for the prompt (and detailed) responses!

I'm on the fence. I'll know for sure after I wake up tomorrow morning and assess my condition. All of today I felt 7/10, pretty much like I should after not using for 4 days and once in the last week. So it definitely didn't "Reset" my withdrawal or anything.

We are medical and recreational marijuana supplying cooperation and got the best of high graded products and outstanding services. We aim at the provision of high graded product to all our clients that are in need and also the establishment of a long term and trust worthy business relationship with all our clients. We are top legit and reliable supplier of quality KUSH,SEEDS, WAX, and OIL. Top Medical Buds for cancer, pains, Eye problem, appetite, sleeping problem, Nausea/vomiting,Relaxing, hunger,stress,Daytime use, mild sports (e.g. Golf or PS3) and social activities,insomnia, brain problem, body- alleviates depressed states, anxiety, nausea etc.

Phone: +1 (720) 943-0785
E-Mail: [email protected]

0000000.jpg

That shit looks fucking awesome but you're going to get in trouble with the mods. What strain is that...?

BlueHair, I like it also, but this guy is only here to advertise. He is getting banned soon.

many many people are prescribed grams of gabapentin daily for years, some while on/off opiates for periods of time, and never experience anything like this. what makes you so confident that it was the gaba? truly curious.

Slept 7 hours last night, woke up feeling okay-ish, basically how I should feel right now at this stage.

I have no idea what happened yesterday morning.

In my experience using small amounts of opiates 3 days into a detox will cause more WD the next day but many times the WD will take longer to kick in. So if you went 3 days again and then relapsed on a small amount it may take even longer for the WD to kick in. For some gaba can cause inter dose WD's which may exacerbate your detox. Try spacing out the gaba more taking it 3x/day when you use the medication.

In my experience, Gabapentinoids, specifically Pregabalin (Lyrica) and Gabapentin (Neurontin) don't share any kind of cross-tolerance with Opioids, which is part of what makes them a useful adjunct for Opioid withdrawal.

In my experience, Gabapentinoids, specifically Pregabalin (Lyrica) and Gabapentin (Neurontin) don't share any kind of cross-tolerance with Opioids, which is part of what makes them a useful adjunct for Opioid withdrawal.

Exactly. I don't want to needlessly drag it out. I took around 1.2g today spaced out /w 300mg doses. Worked very well, and while I was feeling the high come it almost feels like adderall at first, and sometimes it feels like a nasty crack hit (you get kinda anxious and paranoid almost) and it rotates between those two. This was the impression I got at least.