• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Opioids Can excessive snorting cause the high to be diminished?

Mindcontrol6991

Greenlighter
Wasn’t even sure what category to put this under because it relates to fentanyl, Xanax, ambien, and adderall respectively lol.

Anyway, for the last couple months I’ve been really into these fake oxy blue 30’s, they’re actually just fentanyl pills, big surprise lol. I started snorting them about a month after trying to break them into 1/4s all the time. Well it’s been a few months now and it seems like my nose is always stuffy, and when I try to snort it feels like it just gets caught up in my mucus.

I’ve also been snorting adderall xr beads crushed up because I don’t like the whole 12 hour high thing. I do all my snorting thrift my left nostril, as it feels more comfortable to me and doesn’t burn like my right nostril does.

I’ve heard of cocaine nose, my question is, am I essentially wasting the drug by snorting it when I’m still slightly stuffed up?

Also I know my own tolerance and it feels like I’m getting near to nothing. Is it my nose do you think? Should I just start swallowing them for a while? Thanks 👌

If it can’t freely pass through the nasal mucosa, then it’s being wasted or very slowly being absorbed as it (and if it) makes it’s way out of mucous.

With that said, unless you can actually feel mucous (dried or otherwise), almost all humans only breathe out of one nostril at a time, so it’s not uncommon for one side to feel “clogged”, but will still work just fine for intranasal administration. If it was completely blocked, you wouldn’t even be able to generate enough pressure to insufflate the substance.

Absolutely. Snorting anything damages your mucous membranes.

Should always mix up your ROA to reduce damage short and long term.

I've known a few dudes who would constantly be like "hold on" then blow out massive bloody chunks out their nose.... then snort again.

I'm no scientist but I'm pretty sure if your nose is bleeding it will fuck up your absorption of drugs.

I always mix it up, snort, smoke, eat, plug... variety is the spice of life they say anyways

If it can’t freely pass through the nasal mucosa, then it’s being wasted or very slowly being absorbed as it (and if it) makes it’s way out of mucous.

With that said, unless you can actually feel mucous (dried or otherwise), almost all humans only breathe out of one nostril at a time, so it’s not uncommon for one side to feel “clogged”, but will still work just fine for intranasal administration. If it was completely blocked, you wouldn’t even be able to generate enough pressure to insufflate the substance.
I was under the impression that if you use the same nostril over and over again, especially with a variety of drugs, it could inflame it to the point of feeling stuffed.

I don’t Usually bother unless I can strongly breathe out of my nostril, but it’s getting to where it’s almost always stuffed up at first, and sometimes directly after I do the lines. Thanks a bunch for your info man.

I've known a few dudes who would constantly be like "hold on" then blow out massive bloody chunks out their nose.... then snort again.

I'm no scientist but I'm pretty sure if your nose is bleeding it will fuck up your absorption of drugs.

I always mix it up, snort, smoke, eat, plug... variety is the spice of life they say anyways

“Snort, smoke, eat, plug..”

What do you mean “plug”? 🤔

Plugging is the act of administering drugs rectally. If done correctly the onset of effects happens within 10-20minutes, it also usually lasts longer and hits harder than snorting. It's also probably less harmful to your overall health depending on the drug.

It's a bit of a lengthy ritual and requires prep and clean up every time, but in my opinion it's far superior to snorting.

Plugging is the act of administering drugs rectally. If done correctly the onset of effects happens within 10-20minutes, it also usually lasts longer and hits harder than snorting. It's also probably less harmful to your overall health depending on the drug.

It's a bit of a lengthy ritual and requires prep and clean up every time, but in my opinion it's far superior to snorting.
Oh well why didn’t you Just say so? We’ve been butt-chugging just about anything we can get our cheeks on. I started buttchugging when I was about 9 years old. Gramdpapy showed me how to use your butt as a way to not only ingest your alcohol, but also as a way to conceal it or sneak it in somewhere via tight butthole.

real talk though, Mu tolerance skyrocketed to above double or triple once I started snorting them. Plus some of these blues are different strengths than other batches. I’ve seen green ones, baby blue ones, dark sky blue ones, pure white ones, and even some

It's a bit of a lengthy ritual and requires prep and clean up every time, but in my opinion it's far superior to snorting.Alright enough

Mind sharing your process with us? Just out of pure curiosity. How much harder did it hit? Last a long time? Do you gotta make sure you use the bathroom plenty beforehand? 🤔 Lolol. Genuinely curious, as I’ve never considered it before.

I was under the impression that if you use the same nostril over and over again, especially with a variety of drugs, it could inflame it to the point of feeling stuffed.

It can, anything that irritates the tissues can cause inflammation. That still wouldn't affect a proper dose from passing through the nasal mucosa. If you're insufflating something that irritates them because it's acidic, I've found great success diluting it in sterile water and using a nasal spray bottle. The other factor here, is if you're insufflating large amounts. At that point, whatever doesn't get stuck in the nasal cavity and unable to pass through, is dripping down your esophagus and absorbing into your bloodstream through your stomach and intestinal walls (i.e. oral route of administration), at which point you're either better off just swallowing it, using much smaller amounts for insufflation, using a nasal spray bottle to benefit from the mist that will much easier pass through nasal mucosa, or switching route of administration entirely.

@Mindcontrol6991

ArtieLang.jpg

I posted this before in a similar thread however it's a great reminder of what a long term cocaine addiction can do. His nose became so inflamed and damaged that it became deformed. This is not due to an accident, this is 100% from snorting cocaine over many years. He talks about it. (Artie Lange)

Wasn’t even sure what category to put this under because it relates to fentanyl, Xanax, ambien, and adderall respectively lol.

Anyway, for the last couple months I’ve been really into these fake oxy blue 30’s, they’re actually just fentanyl pills, big surprise lol. I started snorting them about a month after trying to break them into 1/4s all the time. Well it’s been a few months now and it seems like my nose is always stuffy, and when I try to snort it feels like it just gets caught up in my mucus.

I’ve also been snorting adderall xr beads crushed up because I don’t like the whole 12 hour high thing. I do all my snorting thrift my left nostril, as it feels more comfortable to me and doesn’t burn like my right nostril does.

I’ve heard of cocaine nose, my question is, am I essentially wasting the drug by snorting it when I’m still slightly stuffed up?

Also I know my own tolerance and it feels like I’m getting near to nothing. Is it my nose do you think? Should I just start swallowing them for a while? Thanks

Also I know my own tolerance and it feels like I’m getting near to nothing. Is it my nose do you think? Should I just start swallowing them for a while? Thanks 👌
I feel you! Have not snorted anything in awhile but used to.
With any repeated action in regards to introducing a substance into our bodies~> there is gonna eventually be something that is detrimental due to the fact that you are always going via the same route .
Here’s a few simple yet effective healing practices/ something to try in order to gain a far better experience.
•Netti Pot [Walgreens] instructions come with it. These are awesome for anyone to use and really beneficial.
• Alternate nostrils !!!! I promise your one side burns more bc you aren’t used to it ! Lol the other was also that way at one time...
• Take a break and smoke instead or maybe swallow ~> BUT DO RESEARCH FIRST!
•Eucalyptus Lavender TeaTree Steam Sesh
~>> SIMPLY PLACE 3 drops essential oil in hot boiling h2o in a glass bowl and a towel over your head for 15 min!!!!!!!!!

Yes, I agree with Deru. I don't have anything other than what I would consider an educated guess though. If there is a lot of obstruction, it's definitely possible for the drug to not be efficiently absorbed.

If I'm not mistaken, anything not absorbed through the sinus is going to eventually end up in the stomach. I just don't know exactly how long this process could feasibly take, however.

Most Opioids including Fentanyl and/or Amphetamines have a significantly higher bioavailability relative to the route of administration.

Others have mentioned trying to administer your drugs rectally and I would recommend trying it out. You will still get a higher BA, the onset is pretty similar and a lot of the complications that can potentially arise from insufflation are almost completely negated.

I don't advocate or "recommend" poly-drug use, but it sounds like you are already into it. You might find you enjoy rectal administration better. As opposed to insufflation in which you are limited by the volume of the sinuses, you can pretty much dissolve all of your drugs in one syringe and administer simultaneously.

It's not a difficult process. Just crush your drugs into a powder. Take your oral syringe, preferably with a rectal tip (ask pharmacist, they typically have them for free) and draw up a full barrel of water. In some kind of vessel, mix the powdered drugs and water until you have a uniform solution.

Lay on your stomach or side, insert syringe into your rectum and inject. Slowly remove the syringe and stay prone for 10-15 minutes. I think you'll find that insufflation and rectal administration are pretty similar in terms of onset, time to peak et cetera.

Just let us know if you have any questions.

@Mindcontrol6991

ArtieLang.jpg

I posted this before in a similar thread however it's a great reminder of what a long term cocaine addiction can do. His nose became so inflamed and damaged that it became deformed. This is not due to an accident, this is 100% from snorting cocaine over many years. He talks about it. (Artie Lange)
How much cocaine do you have to do to end up like this?! You would think the heart would give out before this happened. I've never seen anything like it.

It can, anything that irritates the tissues can cause inflammation. That still wouldn't affect a proper dose from passing through the nasal mucosa. If you're insufflating something that irritates them because it's acidic, I've found great success diluting it in sterile water and using a nasal spray bottle. The other factor here, is if you're insufflating large amounts. At that point, whatever doesn't get stuck in the nasal cavity and unable to pass through, is dripping down your esophagus and absorbing into your bloodstream through your stomach and intestinal walls (i.e. oral route of administration), at which point you're either better off just swallowing it, using much smaller amounts for insufflation, using a nasal spray bottle to benefit from the mist that will much easier pass through nasal mucosa, or switching route of administration entirely.
Hi there,
I have my hands on a 20 day 30mg roxi(oxycodone) rx script. I am interested in this dilution into a nasal spray... could you elaborate more? Ratios etc? Is it something like powder a few and add filtered water? I’m figuring an old allergy spray bottle would work fine. Thanks in advance!