• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Opioids Can excessive snorting cause the high to be diminished?

Yes, I agree with Deru. I don't have anything other than what I would consider an educated guess though. If there is a lot of obstruction, it's definitely possible for the drug to not be efficiently absorbed.

If I'm not mistaken, anything not absorbed through the sinus is going to eventually end up in the stomach. I just don't know exactly how long this process could feasibly take, however.

Most Opioids including Fentanyl and/or Amphetamines have a significantly higher bioavailability relative to the route of administration.

Others have mentioned trying to administer your drugs rectally and I would recommend trying it out. You will still get a higher BA, the onset is pretty similar and a lot of the complications that can potentially arise from insufflation are almost completely negated.

I don't advocate or "recommend" poly-drug use, but it sounds like you are already into it. You might find you enjoy rectal administration better. As opposed to insufflation in which you are limited by the volume of the sinuses, you can pretty much dissolve all of your drugs in one syringe and administer simultaneously.

It's not a difficult process. Just crush your drugs into a powder. Take your oral syringe, preferably with a rectal tip (ask pharmacist, they typically have them for free) and draw up a full barrel of water. In some kind of vessel, mix the powdered drugs and water until you have a uniform solution.

Lay on your stomach or side, insert syringe into your rectum and inject. Slowly remove the syringe and stay prone for 10-15 minutes. I think you'll find that insufflation and rectal administration are pretty similar in terms of onset, time to peak et cetera.

Just let us know if you have any questions.
Boofer bouffer

When the revolution comes and you plebes are all forced to administer your drugs rectally under my centralized neo-Communist government, you won't be laughing. You won't be laughing because drugs will be distributed for free to all citizens. That is, until the imminent collapse of society as a result of not producing anything tangible besides derivate psychedelic tapestries. Politics is so hard.

Mind sharing your process with us? Just out of pure curiosity. How much harder did it hit? Last a long time? Do you gotta make sure you use the bathroom plenty beforehand? 🤔 Lolol. Genuinely curious, as I’ve never considered it before.

Yeah your colon and lower large intestine need to be clear because putting something in there tends to cause your bowels to move which sends whatever was close to coming out "up to the front", and then the feces will absorb most of the drug instead of your rectum. Right after a nice big shit is ideal. Some people will do an enema beforehand. When you're addicted to opiates you tend to be constipated which can cause difficulty since you might have a lot of backed up shit in there.

But the method is to get a shot glass and a small 1-2mL oral syringe. Dissolve your pill or other substance in some water, how much will depend. Most opiates are not caustic and readily dissolvable, so you can use 1mL of water. Make sure it dissolves all the way, if it's a pill there will be fillers and binders that won't dissolve but that's fine, and it doesn't matter if you plug those along with it. Draw it up in the syringe, lay down on your side, lube the syringe, and stick it up like 2 inches in, and squirt it in. Stay laying down for a couple of minutes, ideally, though honestly I have never noticed any leakage regardless.

Rectal administration is most similar to intramuscular injection but far safer. The come-up happens very fast, it's generally twice as potent or more as oral, and more potent than nasal (especially for opioids, some opioids, like oxy, are actually less potent nasally than orally). There is a rush, though not as strong as IV, obviously, but better than nasal. And it lasts about as long as oral dosing, too.

Also as an aside, for drugs with bodyloads (psychedelics mostly), the bodyload is greatly reduced by rectal administration, making the whole experience more comfortable from start to finish.