• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Benzos Can benzos cause vertigo?

evo4ever

Bluelighter
Hey guys.

Just a quick one.. Can benzos of any type cause Vertigo? I take Clonaz and I've been suffering with it for weeks now ever since I started the clonaz.

cheers guys.

Hey guys.

Just a quick one.. Can benzos of any type cause Vertigo? I take Clonaz and I've been suffering with it for weeks now ever since I started the clonaz.

cheers guys.
Hey,
This is a bit of a vague answer due the fact that without a proper history and understanding of yourself its hard to give a more accurate one however clonazepam is actually sometimes used as an effective treatment for vertigo in saying that you could very well be experiancing the vertigo due to the drug. Peoples body and brain react differently to medications, I think go back to your Dr if it was prescribed legally or if not cease the clonazepam for a short period even 24-48 and see if that helps your symptoms if so then you have your answer if not I would suggest getting a hold of some medications such as Prochlorperazine (readily available for nausea and vertigo and give that a go. But honestly go back to your doctor is you can and get them decide. At the very least take your bloodpressure if it is low that could be a possible side effect of the medication and could explain your symptoms. Cheers