• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Gabapentinoids Can Baclofen potentiate Pregabalin?

ghostfreak

Moderator: DC, F&TV, S&G
Staff member
Always wondered this, any thoughts?

Never felt anything much from taking them both together but separately is a different matter.

Apologies if this has been posted before, feel free to delete.

Never taken more than a single baclofen on one occasion not enough to feel any recreational effects. However I would imagine that they would synergize and potentiate each other as chemically they are very similar molecules.

As always be careful and start small.

I've been too chicken to mix baclofen with gabapentin. Wanting to try it though. I wonder if it'd be the perfect mix for coming off a 10 day 1mg to 1.5mg a day Xanax habit. Yeah not much I know, but still enough that when I stop, I feel it a little bit for a few days.

Thanks for the replies everyone 😊

I’ve tried it in the past but only a few left now. Debating whether to get more or not but they’ll go to waste if nothing comes of it.

I've taken baclofen and gabapentin together before, but it was nothing to write home about. It does about what you'd expect. Two very similar drugs doing two very similar things together. They definitely synergize, I'd say just give it a whirl.

I've taken baclofen and gabapentin together before, but it was nothing to write home about. It does about what you'd expect. Two very similar drugs doing two very similar things together. They definitely synergize, I'd say just give it a whirl.

Okay thank you! I have a low tolerance to gaba stuff, but a little tolerance nonetheless. Been messing with about 1mg of Xanax for past two weeks (once a day at night). About to run out today, but I have tons of gabapentin and baclofens, so I was looking for a response like yours.

I think I'll just mix 300mg gabapentin, wait 3 hours for it to kick in (for me, that's when i feel it), then take maybe 5mg baclofen, maybe 10mg. See what it does.

Okay thank you! I have a low tolerance to gaba stuff, but a little tolerance nonetheless. Been messing with about 1mg of Xanax for past two weeks (once a day at night). About to run out today, but I have tons of gabapentin and baclofens, so I was looking for a response like yours.

I think I'll just mix 300mg gabapentin, wait 3 hours for it to kick in (for me, that's when i feel it), then take maybe 5mg baclofen, maybe 10mg. See what it does.
How did you get on? I'm prescribed 600mg gabapentin and 30mg of baclofen daily and I don't notice much at all, in fact I don't bother taking them half the time so I've a drawer full of both, ideas are welcome. Baclofen is said to reduce cravings in general, the fact I don't drink is largely down to baclofen (and personal preference for alternatives when available).

How did you get on? I'm prescribed 600mg gabapentin and 30mg of baclofen daily and I don't notice much at all, in fact I don't bother taking them half the time so I've a drawer full of both, ideas are welcome. Baclofen is said to reduce cravings in general, the fact I don't drink is largely down to baclofen (and personal preference for alternatives when available).
Tolerance is rapid. You leave the fun phase very quickly, matter of days with both of those drugs. I'm prescribed 1800mg/day gabapentin for nerve damage and migraines (which it is astonishingly good at treating in my case, tolerance or not. Nothing else touches it besides Lyrica obviously). While I don't get the drunk-ish trippy effects anymore, as I stagger my doses throughout the evening I definitely still feel it. Sleep is great, neck feels great, and most importantly it full-stop prevents my migraines from happening.

Edit: Also, 600mg is rather low of a dose in terms of feeling good. That's equivalent to roughly 1 100mg pregabalin and since gabapentin is metabolized strangely, if you take it in one dose you are going to achieve poorer bioavailability. More of it will be wasted without staggering the doses around 300mg per 30-45 minutes (or slightly more).

Last edited:
Sorry for delay. I ended up chickening out. One time I was taking Raspberry ketones and took some ecstasy and almost died, so I'm super scared shitless of mixing things now. It should be mentioned that I had taken the same ecstasy batch a few weeks prior before i started taking the raspberry ketones. I can say that rotating gabapentin for 3 days, then baclofen for 3 days, works really well. I was taking about 900 mg of gabapentin (300 every hour with fatty/acidic food) on the days I took it, then like 20 to 25mg baclofen. So, low amounts. Just enough to help sleep.

I ALWAYS mix my gabapentin or lyrica with baclofen. I believe it to be quite synergistic!