• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Can anyone give tips on how to sleep during opiate/opioid withdrawal?

Isn't that Motrin or Imodium? I've heard one of them is similar to opiates in extremely high doses. Never really bothered with it though.
Yeah its just the generic name, It is an opiate itself but a very bad one that's why its used for toilet issues. It's dangerous in high doses can mess with the rhythm of the heart and stuff.

Tylenol PM/Advil PM works well enough believe it or not. I threw myself into a crippling withdrawal trapped away far from home with only tylenol PM lol! Everyone thought I was a suicidal person because I was very depressed for a bit.

Opiate withdrawal really isn't so bad. It'll make you want to die but that's really all it is ;) I'd rather be dopesick beyond recognition and crapping myself than to cold turkey a ton of xanax and sieze out with absurd paranoia and rebound anxiety lol.... it really is just the first two weeks that you want to murder everyone around you. Then after those initial two weeks you can walk around and pretend to be normal while still feeling somewhat crappy.

I need to stop reliving opioid withdrawal. Just got past the worst of it again and it does not make life good at all. The pills do kind of.... but then you kind of get high and ruin your entire life. It feels nice though.

Tylenol PM/Advil PM works well enough believe it or not. I threw myself into a crippling withdrawal trapped away far from home with only tylenol PM lol! Everyone thought I was a suicidal person because I was very depressed for a bit.

Opiate withdrawal really isn't so bad. It'll make you want to die but that's really all it is ;) I'd rather be dopesick beyond recognition and crapping myself than to cold turkey a ton of xanax and sieze out with absurd paranoia and rebound anxiety lol.... it really is just the first two weeks that you want to murder everyone around you. Then after those initial two weeks you can walk around and pretend to be normal while still feeling somewhat crappy.

I need to stop reliving opioid withdrawal. Just got past the worst of it again and it does not make life good at all. The pills do kind of.... but then you kind of get high and ruin your entire life. It feels nice though.
I'd probably use the Pain Relief ZzzQuil with 10% alcohol and acetaminophen in place of the Tylenol PM. I could use the diphenhydramine for sleep. Whatever helps.

What drugs do you have at your disposal, OTC and/or prescribed?
At the moment, 24 15mg morphine tablets, 6 10mg oxycodone tablets, plenty of weed, liquor, herbal sleeping pills that contain 10mg melatonin and various herbs for sleep, Pain Relief ZzzQuil (with 10% alcohol, 50mg diphenhydramine, and 1000mg acetaminophen), a jar of kratom powder I've yet to touch, whippets (just a can of whipped cream for fun), and 1 10mg valium (but that's reserved for fiance to take when he's under a lot of stress). I know I really have no reason to panic yet, but 2 of my 3 hookups might not be selling anymore--which means I'll no longer be able to acquire morphine or OP 40's (generic oxycontin), just the 10mg oxycodone.

At the moment, 24 15mg morphine tablets, 6 10mg oxycodone tablets, plenty of weed, liquor, herbal sleeping pills that contain 10mg melatonin and various herbs for sleep, Pain Relief ZzzQuil (with 10% alcohol, 50mg diphenhydramine, and 1000mg acetaminophen), a jar of kratom powder I've yet to touch, whippets (just a can of whipped cream for fun), and 1 10mg valium (but that's reserved for fiance to take when he's under a lot of stress). I know I really have no reason to panic yet, but 2 of my 3 hookups might not be selling anymore--which means I'll no longer be able to acquire morphine or OP 40's (generic oxycontin), just the 10mg oxycodone.

Ah ok!

I don't know if this is HR--and you might know these things already! Morphine withdrawal however is VERY dehydrating--longer-lasting, and less physically comfortable. However, the mental aspect of morphine withdrawal is a bit easier than oxycodone's (in my opinion).

It's weird, but I used to read "oxy withdrawal is much mentally worse than heroin" several times and was like "yeah right ;)!" But these days I actually think oxycodone withdrawal is so unbearably depressing and especially with the stronger withdrawals/cold turkeying it. Oxycodone kicks are a mental battle. An incredibly difficult one and there's no way to know how bad it is while you're swallowing those cute pills day after day. People are truly repeatedly shocked every time they go through oxycodone withdrawal as to how devastating it is. It's not a strong and pronounced devastation per say, but it just ruins your ability to process life in a positive way. You'll be watching the most entertaining shows on the television or netflix movies that could not be more exciting, and feel nothing or just frustration that life does not feel worth it anymore. It'll pass, but ironically eating good food and exercising/hanging out with friends (if you can stand it during opioid withdrawal) will really help the whole ordeal.

Morphine withdrawal is just physically disgusting, lol. Lots of RSL, inability to stay hydrated (feels like that to me), fatigue... fatigue..... fatigue. Just know that for a solid two months or so (even if way longer than that) your brain will really struggle with oxycodone withdrawal appreciating anything. Like a horrible acid trip, keep reminding yourself that its temporary and that you're in a different realm at the moment. Morphine withdrawal is something I know that BlueLighters can help you with so much to reduce the physical discomfort. Unfortunately, oxycodone withdrawal will make you feel on your own within the mental aspect of it all. I've never felt so alone, detached from the world, and questioning if I can really handle life anymore and ever truly become clean off my super fun spiked advils. Its objectively very hard to face oxycodone withdrawal. I usually just snuggle under the blankies and wait for my body to have some energy/try to go on walks when its nice out. I really love walking during opiate withdrawal. Your sense of smell and the heightened clarity from sobriety makes the trees look so beautiful and the sun feels like a drug in itself when its all shiny up there, lol. Not that that truly.... gets rid of oxy withdrawal though... but it helps!

Sorry to hear about your connects shutting down shop. That's always a pain in the ass. I could get panic even if I knew I had 2+ weeks of pills. That panic is not very pleasant.

How long would those morphine pills last you with your tolerance? Does the DPH in ZzzQuil do anything for you?

If you don't have any plugs and new to re-up the stash, I'm thinking kratom maybe?
If that's legal where you are. I used it in emergencies when I didn't have someone to cop from.

Sorry to hear about your connects shutting down shop. That's always a pain in the ass. I could get panic even if I knew I had 2+ weeks of pills. That panic is not very pleasant.

How long would those morphine pills last you with your tolerance? Does the DPH in ZzzQuil do anything for you?

If you don't have any plugs and new to re-up the stash, I'm thinking kratom maybe?
If that's legal where you are. I used it in emergencies when I didn't have someone to cop from.
I cut my 10mg oxycodone in half, so technically I only take 5mg a night (to make them last longer and keep my tolerance in check). Given that the morphine is so rare now and I might not be getting more, I'll save those for a rainy day or if I run out of oxycodone. The ZzzQuil helps. I guess the combination of diphenhydramine and alcohol make a good sleep-aid. Melatonin might be pointless, but I'll take my chances 'cause I hate insomnia.

A little update: Out of my 3 hookups (2 of which said they might not be able to sell anymore), 1 of them just told me that the oxycontin is only unavailable til next month. I'm relieved that its not a permanent cut-off, but part of me is still worried that he'll say its a no-go next month too. He moved about a half hour out of state, so I honestly just think he doesn't wanna bother delivering anymore. After all, he did raise the price by 5 bucks per pill since he moved. I told him that I'll drive him back and forth if I have to (him and his girl have been having car/transportation issues). I'm desperate. Of my other 2 connections, 1 will only sell me a maximum of 20 10mg oxycodone a month and the other who sells 15mg morphine has recently become wishy-washy about selling at all. Should I be worried, or just take my guy's word for it when he says next month should be a go? Please tell me I'm not the only one who gets severe anxiety when you don't know if your connections will remain reliable.

I agree with some of those people that said depending upon the severity of the WDs, there are some times when sleep is not going to happen. For example, having been through the drama with various opiates/opiods (Hydrocodone, Oxycodone, Morphine, Fentanyl), I can tell you that Fentanyl was the most extreme WD torture I have ever experienced, by far. There was pretty much zero sleep during the first week or so, which exacerbated the nightmare of the affair wildly. Even after that, the PAWS was insane, and I really did not sleep properly for many months. Again, made the WDs far more torturous. Just what your brain and body DON'T need when you are trying to heal, of course. Even boatloads of Valium did almost nothing, other than make me feel brain dead. Tried Trazadone, did nothing but make me feel like complete garbage. I tried pretty much everything and every combination of things and in the end, I just could not do anything other than pass out occasionally, for short periods, usually minutes. Even the morphine, as bad as it was, was nothing compared to the Fent WDs. There is nothing anyone could ever do to convince me to touch that shit ever again. This Fent experience was the closest thing to a living nightmare that I could have ever imagined, and again, even morphine was easier, as shitty as that was.

Anyway, good luck, my friend. Things will get better if you get off the opiates. Once the hooks are out of you, you will begin feeling better. If I can do it, anyone can.
I second this after being on the fentanyl patches for over 2 years while waiting on spinal surgery for 2 slipped disks scoliosis and hips that are twisted and pop out of socket. I'd had enough after the surgery and decided to go from 25mcg to 0 against my drs advice thinking I've detoxed of heroin a lot of times even with zero meds in jail more times than I care to remember. But oh no this was an entirely different beast think heroin withdrawal times ten intensity and it lasts for so much longer I didnt get more than 30 mins of broken sleep a night for over a month. The depression cramps sweats and sickness were that bad I'd often find myself in a heap on the floor naked from being so hot then cold wishing to be knocked out knowing that one patch would end all this pain. But also knowing I had zero chance if getting any as I'd informed my dr . I should of got the first week or so out the way tapered and let my dr know once I was past the hellish part. Like you nothing or no amount of money would see me taking fentanyl again. if heroin is the devils dandruff then fentanyl is the devils crusty nob cheese (apologies LOL) Youd have to experience it to know what I mean.

Although when you first play with fentanyl wow the patch lasts 3 days and those 3 days are bliss nothing comes close the feeling of being wrapped up in cotton wool inner warmth and self belief nothing matters for 3 whole days. No drug comes close in the terms of high but the same applies for the withdrawals, you dont want to play with her she is a bitch to leave.

Last edited:
I'd really recommend a bong rip of Gotu Kola and/or Lemon Balm. They are mild Gaba herbs but for some reason when smoked will smack you straight the heck to sleep in my experience. They wont keep you asleep if your body is stimulated or just wants to be awake but you can just smoke more and get a few more hours in. Again they're both very mild taken orally but smoking them together has put me to bed even with stimulants in my system.

I'd really recommend a bong rip of Gotu Kola and/or Lemon Balm. They are mild Gaba herbs but for some reason when smoked will smack you straight the heck to sleep in my experience. They wont keep you asleep if your body is stimulated or just wants to be awake but you can just smoke more and get a few more hours in. Again they're both very mild taken orally but smoking them together has put me to bed even with stimulants in my system.
I think there's lemon balm in my herbal sleeping pills.

I second this after being on the fentanyl patches for over 2 years while waiting on spinal surgery for 2 slipped disks scoliosis and hips that are twisted and pop out of socket. I'd had enough after the surgery and decided to go from 25mcg to 0 against my drs advice thinking I've detoxed of heroin a lot of times even with zero meds in jail more times than I care to remember. But oh no this was an entirely different beast think heroin withdrawal times ten intensity and it lasts for so much longer I didnt get more than 30 mins of broken sleep a night for over a month. The depression cramps sweats and sickness were that bad I'd often find myself in a heap on the floor naked from being so hot then cold wishing to be knocked out knowing that one patch would end all this pain. But also knowing I had zero chance if getting any as I'd informed my dr . I should of got the first week or so out the way tapered and let my dr know once I was past the hellish part. Like you nothing or no amount of money would see me taking fentanyl again. if heroin is the devils dandruff then fentanyl is the devils crusty nob cheese (apologies LOL) Youd have to experience it to know what I mean.

Although when you first play with fentanyl wow the patch lasts 3 days and those 3 days are bliss nothing comes close the feeling of being wrapped up in cotton wool inner warmth and self belief nothing matters for 3 whole days. No drug comes close in the terms of high but the same applies for the withdrawals, you dont want to play with her she is a bitch to leave.
I miss fentanyl. Its next to impossible to find now (morphine is getting that way too). I love that wearing 1 patch can last a few days, but i was lucky enough not to get addicted to it. Morphine and oxy are still my favorites even though I think fentanyl wins in hands-down in terms of DOA. Oh and I also have mild scoliosis. I think that plus a shitty mattress is why my back hurts frequently.

A little update: Out of my 3 hookups (2 of which said they might not be able to sell anymore), 1 of them just told me that the oxycontin is only unavailable til next month. I'm relieved that its not a permanent cut-off, but part of me is still worried that he'll say its a no-go next month too. He moved about a half hour out of state, so I honestly just think he doesn't wanna bother delivering anymore. After all, he did raise the price by 5 bucks per pill since he moved. I told him that I'll drive him back and forth if I have to (him and his girl have been having car/transportation issues). I'm desperate. Of my other 2 connections, 1 will only sell me a maximum of 20 10mg oxycodone a month and the other who sells 15mg morphine has recently become wishy-washy about selling at all. Should I be worried, or just take my guy's word for it when he says next month should be a go? Please tell me I'm not the only one who gets severe anxiety when you don't know if your connections will remain reliable.

Have you thought about just going on methadone? I liked methadone personally and you don't have to deal with this sort of bullshit.

Have you thought about just going on methadone? I liked methadone personally and you don't have to deal with this sort of bullshit.
I'm considering methadone treatment. There's 1 outpatient facility in my town that's open a few hours a day, 5 or 6 days a week that gives controlled, single doses. Only problem is that I assume it's costly and I no longer have insurance. :(