• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Can anyone explain why I feel an opiate rush from my methadone when vaping nicotine?

Bomb319

Bluelighter
Now that's just damn confusing!! I also can't figure out why taking diphenhydramine does the same thing right before it kicks in and produces it's own effects like drowsiness and dry mouth. But this??? I don't get it. It is absolutely not psychological, as I have never been able to mimic that very distinct, opiate feeling that way, plus it kept happening when I obviously wasn't expecting it - getting me to notice in the first place! It's a regular, eGo vape and I'm using a strong nicotine fluid of 18 mg/mL. One deep hit, and I begin to feel an opiate "wave" (know what I mean by that? I'd expect opiate experienced people to know exactly what I mean), and it lasts maybe ten seconds before fading.

I've always considered myself to be talented at biochemistry and pharmacy seeing as how I've got a BSc. degree with a biology major, and got in to the faculty of pharmaceutical sciences at UBC in Vancouver, and did 3.5 years there. But this I'm just simply at a loss to explain...

^yes it can be quite a similar feeling to me too. I certainly get it in the morning where it's been 6 hrs since my last smoke of tobacco. I've always felt that everything in life is that little bit better with a cigarette. Everything except emphysema, lung cancer and all other smoking related illnesses but still, I'm an addict, you should expect nothing more or less.

I posted this on a forum like 2 months ago:

I vape 3nic 24/7 I just happened to have 6nic on this day:

edit: Has anyone ever noticed that when you vape like 6nic+ while on oxycodone, it makes you feel it more? Increases the euphoria (makes no sense in theory) but like, idk. Every huge hit I take like makes me feel more euphoric for like 30 seconds.

I've heard people talk about chain smoking to increase the effects of opiates, many times, it must just be a synergy between the two drugs. Nicotine, as a stimulant, and opiates with their obvious action.
18mg/ml e-liquid is on the stronger side isn't it?
3 inhalations per drop of liquid.
20 drops per ml.
So, that's 0.9mg of nicotine per drop/per 3 inhalations.
This info. is all from the first google result I clicked on, so it may be a bit off or just plain wrong.
But if it's accurate, that's like a whole cigarette every 3 and a bit drags.

Now that's just damn confusing!! I also can't figure out why taking diphenhydramine does the same thing right before it kicks in and produces it's own effects like drowsiness and dry mouth. But this??? I don't get it. It is absolutely not psychological, as I have never been able to mimic that very distinct, opiate feeling that way, plus it kept happening when I obviously wasn't expecting it - getting me to notice in the first place! It's a regular, eGo vape and I'm using a strong nicotine fluid of 18 mg/mL. One deep hit, and I begin to feel an opiate "wave" (know what I mean by that? I'd expect opiate experienced people to know exactly what I mean), and it lasts maybe ten seconds before fading.

I've always considered myself to be talented at biochemistry and pharmacy seeing as how I've got a BSc. degree with a biology major, and got in to the faculty of pharmaceutical sciences at UBC in Vancouver, and did 3.5 years there. But this I'm just simply at a loss to explain...
How long have you been smoking and how often do you smoke it? Do you get the same "rush" from the vape when not on opiates? Because it definitely sounds like just a nicotine rush