• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Stimulants Can Amblify (aripiprazole) be used to fall asleep on stimulants?

Icaros

Greenlighter
Hi, will aripiprazole help me fall asleep at night if I take a bit of amhpetamine (speed/aderall) in the morning?
I also have some "Sertraline Hexal" wich is also an anti-psychotic. Wich is better for sleep-aid?
Is the combination more unsafe than using other anti-psychotics (I've used quetiapine before and it worked wonders - fell asleep sound and easy).
I know it's not good to mix pharmas and stimulants like this - but I am just considering if aripiprazole or Seetraline can be a option for an occasiounaly speed-situation).
Thanks in advance.

I am prescribed Abilify and dexamphetamine and find that it does not aid in sleep. My doctor gives me clonidine to help sleep on the d-amp. When taking meth it has no noticeable affect on how high I am.

However, I find Abilify helps a lot on making your comedown easier - so it still has value. Best bet for getting sleep and crushing your comedown though is seroquel.

I agree with atelier. I've tried with abilify to come down via oral and intranasal to no avail.
May ease the mind alittle, but this drug is a huge question mark for me right now.

Seroquel and Xanax work well to get sleep.

I've been on a large dose of IV Abilify and I find it outright blocks the mental effects of meth (though not wakefulness or appetite suppression) unless the meth is taken at massive doses 1g+ of high quality meth. I don't know if you want Abilify, at least at moderate to high doses, kicking around your system when you want to get high again.

No, Aripiprazole shouldn't help you sleep. It will more than likely increase your heart rate. I took Aripiprazole for a good while and it actually gave me insonmia, though it took around 3-4 days for the insomnia to kick in. Also, are you talking about just taking it once in a while, when you need to come down are regularly take Aripiprazole? Also, Zoloft shouldn't be much better. Nothing beats Seroquel/Quetiapine for sleep as far as AD's/Anti-Psychotics, at least what I've found. Remeron (mirtazapine) helps you sleep, it's an AD. Trazadone is supposed to as well. But, both of those (Remeron & Trazadone) made me feel tired/fatigued the next day, but not Seroquel. Abilify is probably one of the better add-ons for AD's though, it'll get you going quick.

I mainly use wax/hash to fall asleep. I’m a daily user. It might be hard in the beginning but after a while it’s easy. And also it depends how much of the stimulant you did. Because there’ll be times I’ve done too much meth and literally the dabs do nothing but make you more tweaked.
But I’ve also used Xanax to fall asleep and that works like a charm. But personally I don’t like pills. I’m already fucking myself up with meth So why take more things that’ll fuck me up. That’s why I stick to using cannabis.

I am prescribed Abilify and dexamphetamine and find that it does not aid in sleep. My doctor gives me clonidine to help sleep on the d-amp. When taking meth it has no noticeable affect on how high I am.

However, I find Abilify helps a lot on making your comedown easier - so it still has value. Best bet for getting sleep and crushing your comedown though is seroquel.

I think this comment was a while ago, but I'll toss in my two cents of experience anyway.

I was prescribed abilify partially to augment the antidepressant, Wellbutrin, and partially to counteract and quell some of the norepinephrine driven effects of wellbutrin--things like being very short tempered, it being hard and long to de-escalate and cool off once angry, and also obsessive ruminating over conflicts, irritations and resentments. Sometimes I would stay sore and combative even when a conflict had been appropriately resolved--like I couldn't be mollified or assuaged once incensed. It was terrible sometimes, and for me, like a Jekyll and Hyde transformation. By nature, I am usually very empathetic, reasonable, diplomatic to a fault and excel at conflict resolution and de-escalation. To be immodest, it is practically a superpower, but on wellbutrin, my personality is altered.

I actually feel Wellbutrin is a dangerous drug that people are not adequately warned about when it comes to its potential effects on temperament, rage, resentment and mistrust. Doctors wouldn't even admit it had this effect up until maybe five years ago. I have seen people go right batshit on wellbutrin, as though they were on a paranoid coked out aggressive binge. Abilify did work well for smoothing out these wound up, ragey fight/flight impacts of wellbutrin, but it made me bone tired all the time. I could take naps in between my naps and still konk out at night for 10-12 hours. It was a drugged out kind of tired feeling, hard to even resist it. I usually won't touch it now. I have read that it is a nasty antipsychotic that makes changes to your brain structure. I also found it largely inhibited or countered the effects of amphetamines. It is a dopamine agonist on some receptors, and dopamine antagonist on others.

Seroquel knocks me out like I was hit by a truck. I once took one that my housemate gave me and was not mindful of the dose--he is severely schizophrenic and his pharma regime would seriously put down a pack of elephants. The seroquel knocked me out for three days. I would briefly wake, but couldn't get my legs to function under me and then I'd just fall unconscious again. I'm a little leery of them now, but if I am having a hard time sleeping, I break one of them into quarters now.

Cocaine always gave me savage soul crushing come downs filled with choking anxiety, loathful shame, and deep dread inspired depression so severe It was hard to take a deep breath. To insulate from it, I would take opioids before a binge ended and often chase them with a gulped down bottle of liquor. That usually did the trick. Amps never bother me. Right now, I've been up five days on meth, which is quite excessive for me. This would be the comedown or crash time right now, but I just feel relaxed and pleasantly lazy. I am wholly grateful amps are not like cocaine for me.

I have a monster tolerance to most psychoactive drugs, but ironically, I am really susceptible to the sedative effects of Gravol and other antihistamines. They plaster me like valium.

Since this thread now re-opened I would add that my preferred comedown from Meth is 50 mg seroquel + 10 mg vaqlum + 100 ug clonidine at my normal bedtime next day after binge followed by 20 mg Abilify next morning to smooth out negative comedown effects. Best combination I have ever found to both get some sleep and avoid horror comedown.