• Find All Reports by Search Term
    Find Reports
    Find Tagged Reports by Substance
    Substance Category
    Specific Substance
    Find Reports
  • Trip Reports Moderator: Xorkoth

Camomile, spearmint, lemongrass, green tea.

Mracid

Bluelighter
Subject: MrAcid
Weight: 110lbs
Height: 5''5

General drug tolerances: Benzodiazepines 150mg oxazepam (equal to 75mg valium) every 3-4 days, cannabis 3 years, lyrica 3 months every 5 days and general tolerance to downers.

Drug expericances: Almost every kind of psychoactive effect with different drugs for the same effect and sometimes even combinations of unusual effects. Only one not experianced yet is Anti-psychotic effect.

Substance consumed: Extract containing 7.5g of Camomile, 5g of Spearmint and 2.5g of Lemongrass; Green tea 1cup

T+20: Feeling mild stomach activation (didnt take it on completely empty stomach but close), still drinking green tea
T+45: Feeling mild anxiolytic and muscle relaxing effect.
T+90: Feeling the peak effect I figure, feeling like 1/4 if my usual dose of benzo but more muscle relaxing less amnesic and confusing. The bodyhigh feels more like cannabis than benzodiazepines tho. I guess NMDA antagonist activity is responsible for that. Slight painkilling activity and makes me more comfortable reporting my cannabis bowl.
T+120: Effect are as potent as in the beginning of the peak.
T+180: Starting to feel the effect vanishing, slowly regaining muscle tension and cramps.
T+210: Vaping cannabis and melting the effect into the High cannabis delivers.

Overall The effect was stronger than I thought. The combination felt like a mild benzo feeling adding some physical relaxing activity. I thought increasing the amount would increase the intensity but it rather added some extra effects, including physical relaxation and mild analgesia which I thought was produced by increased NMDA antagonist selectivity. I think apigenin works like alcohol; start by GABAa then as the dosage increase the NMDA antagonist activity does so too.

I would consider this as a good add to benzodiazepines for physical comfort and to increase the potency of benzodiazepines. Also good to replace them while trying to take a break from them. The lenght of the effect is disappointing tho.

I think you got the placebo effect, because someone likely told you this stuff is psychoactive. As far as I know, none of these herbs are psychoactive. There are legal herbs that are psychoactive, but none of these are. The effects you felt were due to the placebo effect, which can be quite powerful in a way. It won't cause you to actually trip or get high, but you can become convinced that you experienced a "mild effect". You weren't high or anything off this stuff, you just thought you were. People aren't telling you this, because no one wants to break the news to you. Don't feel bad about it, as all of us are capable of experiencing the placebo effect. It's hardwired into the human brain. When drug trials are performed, they carefully design the study to ensure that the placebo effect will not occur. Drug companies go to great lengths to avoid this phenomena. In some studies, patients that are given a drug actually believe they are receiving sugar pills. That is how far some drug companies will go to prevent this effect, it is so well documented and powerful.

I think you got the placebo effect, because someone likely told you this stuff is psychoactive. As far as I know, none of these herbs are psychoactive.

Chamomile has been used forever to promote relaxation and sleep. One time my mom had a cup of it by mistake thinking it was green tea and almost fell asleep at her desk before she realized her error, so it definitely wasn't placebo.

Green tea of course contains caffeine, plus l-theanine which works to allow the alertness while preventing the anxiety and jitters.

Not sure about lemongrass or spearmint being psychoactive, but they're good for soothing the stomach.

Peace, Love and Faith,
Dreamflyer

If you want a "high" from tea or an herbal infusion try yerba mate-the loose leaf type works best you can mix in sugar and citrus juice and drink it cold. Use at least 3 tablespoons and work your way up to higher doses.

Also getting what East Asians call "tea drunk" on black-both regular black tea, and puerh, green, oolong, or white tea gives euphoria.

There's a black tea drink consumed in Russian and Eastern European prisons where they drink a large amount of black tea steeped for a long period of time and gak out on the stimulant effect.

Hmm. One time I bought a half kilo of valerian root and made a crude extract. I took a massive dose and had what I would describe as a mild to moderate benzo high.

Concluded it was placebo since I wasn't able to replicate it, although I never took such a huge dose again after that.

If you want a "high" from tea or an herbal infusion try yerba mate-the loose leaf type works best you can mix in sugar and citrus juice and drink it cold. Use at least 3 tablespoons and work your way up to higher doses.

Also getting what East Asians call "tea drunk" on black-both regular black tea, and puerh, green, oolong, or white tea gives euphoria.

There's a black tea drink consumed in Russian and Eastern European prisons where they drink a large amount of black tea steeped for a long period of time and gak out on the stimulant effect.

I find guayusa to be psychoactive

Guayusa leaves contain caffeine (1.73–3.48 %), theobromine and other dimethylxanthines (among them paraxanthine and theophylline).[5] Guayusa leaves also contain L-theanine, gallic acid, guanidine, isobutyric acid, nicotinic acid, ascorbic acid, riboflavin, choline, pyridoxine, triterpenes, chlorogenic acid and sugars among other compounds.[6]
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ilex_guayusa

Last edited:
I have had guayusa as well. It did not give me more vivid dreams. When I had a large tolerance to yerba mate and drank 1-2 liters daily and would drink it before sleeping, I had more vivid hypnagogic visuals/dreams.

Also with yerba mate do not use boiling water as this makes the yerba super bitter. Just use hot water like for green tea.

Mate is barely psychoactive for me. I've had the ground up leaves like you find at the grocery store, but I do enjoy drinking it on a hot day. It can make me jittery if I'm not careful and consume a pot or two but I like the way it makes me feel overall. I guess these things differ by person. Guayusa definitely relaxes me and it feels like I just took a narcotic