Forum GuidelinesBluelight Rules
  • Lounge Moderators: andyturbo | mal3volent
  • Bluelight HOT THREADS
  • Let's Welcome Our NEW MEMBERS!

Creative Call out someone with a great ⫸avatar or username⫷

Xorkoth

🎨 ARTministrator 🎨
Staff member
All the jam bands have a certain scene surrounding them. the jam scene as a whole has plenty of wooks. Unfortunately with big scenes like Phish, String Cheese, etc, it attracts a lot of people just looking to join some cool thing, for the drugs, or whatever. But yeah all those bands have their core sort of wooked out, tripped out mega fans who would drink Trey's piss and laud it as the best show they've ever seen (while they talk about shows/stretches each other has seen like it's a contest) while begging everyone around them for ketamine so they can act even more ridiculous and get away with it. At the same time, these bands are all really great musicians who do a cool thing, create a party of largely improvised music. Don't sell outl just keep playing improv, high energy and beautiful shows, for decades upon decades. Phish is awesome but gets kinda too silly/goofy for me sometimes (but one of my best show experiences was my first time seeing them), String Cheese is awesome, just sick as musicians, really fucking good. Umphrey's is really cool,. I've seen them twice and was really impressed, they're doing their own thing, all sorts of metal and other influences in there. I really like Spafford, I've seen them once, very impressed. They opened for fucking Pigeons Playing Ping Pong, which reminded me of if a band was Carlton doing his nerd dance from the Fresh Prince. Painful, couldn't get into that. Their scene is a bunch of Charlotte hipsters trying to rub off on a little bit of the older-school hippie vibe. Silly kids, but nice people. On this past New Year's, I went to a Pigeons show in my town, and my bandmates were practiving to help them put pon some new year strike of the bell extravaganza. I didn't want to help, turned out they culturally appropriated the Further bus and the acid tests and basically just the Dead in general,. it made me feel embrrassed to watch because these motherfuckers aren't qualified to represent the Further bus.

But I digress...

Last edited:

DopeM

☔ Rain Man ☔
I'll start inb4 xork unplugs the cork on my jam band jokes

Had a feeling you'd tldr me on this one

On a semi srs note

Is that actually cultural appropriation? The dead made a killing off the hippies iirc

iLoveYouWithaKnife

Bluelighter
wooked out, tripped out mega fans who would drink Trey's piss and laud it as the best show they've ever seen (while they talk about shows/stretches each other has seen like it's a contest) while begging everyone around them for ketamine so they can act even more ridiculous and get away with it.

/ raises hand