Find Tagged Reports by Substance
    Substance Category
    Specific Substance
    Find Reports
  • Trip Reports Moderator: Xorkoth

Cacao (25x extract) - New Experience - Damnable

jackie jones

Bluelight Crew
About one hour ago, I consumed 10 grams of 25x raw theobroma cacao extract. The effects are as follows:

A comfortable warming effect throughout my entire body. I feel speedy, yet comfortable. I feel very light, as if I were in a dream state. Euphoria is a definite, more than subtle for sure. This is certainly apart from the effects of plain dark chocolate or cacao nibs, which I am also a fan of. I feel as if my opioid receptors have been activated, as I am almost nodding with pleasure. This is my first experiment with cacao extract, and I am quite satisfied. This is a quality product with pronounced flavor and psychoactive effects.

(continued below)

substancecode_cacao
substancecode_chocolate

Last edited:
Wow - very interesting! Please post a report about the rest of your experience! :D

yes... following up:

about two hours after ingestion, i was plagued with a racing heartbeat, incredible anxiety, headache, nausea, and an overall unpleasant emotional state. a complete 180 degree turn. I think I did too much at once.:\

This is a bit short for a TR.... But since it is uncommon to see...... I guess Ill leave it open..

I hope no one minds the bump

I'm on theobroma cacao 25x extract now.
I put roughly 2.5g in a cup of hot chocolate.

I think, if the OP dosen't mind me saying, 10g is too much.
Hangovers seem to be reported if more than 4g is done, I think 2-4g is recomended, and I find my target dose 3g (roughly)
I take it instead of sleeping pills, as I am prescribed prescription sleepers, but not enough to abuse, and don't want a physical addiction with them anyway.
This stuff did the trick last night, and kept me off the pharms, so we will see what tonight brings, given tolerance (if any) issues, with taking it two consequtive nights.

I have had it a few times before, and had a lovely nights sleep, with a fuzzy opiate like feeling pre-sleep.

Will keep you posted.

I'm on theobroma cacao 25x extract now.
I put roughly 2.5g in a cup of hot chocolate.

I think, if the OP dosen't mind me saying, 10g is too much.
Hangovers seem to be reported if more than 4g is done, I think 2-4g is recomended, and I find my target dose 3g (roughly)
I take it instead of sleeping pills, as I am prescribed prescription sleepers, but not enough to abuse, and don't want a physical addiction with them anyway.
This stuff did the trick last night, and kept me off the pharms, so we will see what tonight brings, given tolerance (if any) issues, with taking it two consequtive nights.

I have had it a few times before, and had a lovely nights sleep, with a fuzzy opiate like feeling pre-sleep.

Will keep you posted.

does it effect your dreamstate? i know that eating chocolate before sleeping gives you extremely vivid dreams but i dont know if that is caused from the same mechanism..

does it effect your dreamstate? i know that eating chocolate before sleeping gives you extremely vivid dreams but i dont know if that is caused from the same mechanism..

sorry for the late reply, and hence the bump.

My dreamstate is pretty weird at the moment anyway, so I cannot say especially if it does.
The weirdest times for me dreamwise, are when I am totally straight.
I am on theo again tonight, though, so will let you know soon, if there is anything to report. If not I wont post.

Theo feels like an opioid for me, in a way, because of the fuzziness. It is a bit more velvety than an opiod though.

bump - update info

I thought I would bump this thread, to post some info others may find useful.

I found that tolerance builds up rapid with this stuff.
For example, if you use 2g one day, and you want some the next, you would need 3g, and so on.

I have found that a couple of weeks at least is needed for tolerance to lower again.

I don't know what others experiences are. I would like to hear them though.

cheers

You might want to look into getting pure theobromine powder from a online vendor. I Won't list sources, but they do sell synthetic theobromine powder out there.
That stuff is the main constitute of cacao, it is psychoactive. I would think it would be easior to dose on that instead of cocao extract, where you don't know the percentage of theobromine in the extract.
For the theobromine its a white powder that taste the very dark chocholate, they are usually 98% in purity.
100mgs is a good starting dose, if you want to get really buzzed 300mgs is considered a high dose.
It is different than caffeine, it widens your blood vessles instead of constricting it, it also have the same durietic properties as caffeine. However the stimulating effects are more mild than caffeine, people who are prone to anxiety don't seem to experience this.
I've gotten about 15 grams to play with, since I don't find anything that special about it, I won't write any trip reports, I consider that stuff like caffeine powder, not very special, but the effects you get are interesting.

To the OP, I think you dosed too high, I suggest try finding out the theobromine content and dose accordingly. For people who say they need a gram, their extract must be only 10% in purity. Pure cocao brans seem to have around 5%, but you get other stuff in your beans as well such as methylxanthine compounds, and a very small amount of caffeine, which can have an effect.

-PLUR

your description of the "OD" sounds like when i take too much caffeine

Are there any withdrawal symptoms associated with long-term Cacao extract use??

Did you extract by yourself or buy a finidhed product? Sounds somehow interesting, believed that theobromine was more similar to caffeine but sedating sounds nice. The OD less so.

Reactions: CFC
Did you extract by yourself or buy a finidhed product? Sounds somehow interesting, believed that theobromine was more similar to caffeine but sedating sounds nice. The OD less so.

Oh, wow... that was 12 years ago. I want to say that although I was being truthful in my report, that my enthusiasm may have been running with the actual effects. I would be interested in re-evaluating the substance.

That was when I was just beginning to experiment with psychoactive plants and discover the world of Entheogens. That specific extract was purchased online.

You know, the Bluelight of 10 years ago was different. There was much more interest in psychoactive plants and the process of extraction and isolation. Techniques and preferences. A tendency of our members to be interested in the world of Psychedelics.

The new generation of Bluelighters seem to be more interested in damaging drugs like meth or fentanyl.

Or maybe I am simply getting old and have the biases that accompany the transition. Sometimes I cannot tell.

I think I am going to go order some Peruvian Torch.

^ you're probably right JJ, drugs do go in and out of fashion and fent and meth are both potent, affordable and easy to come by compared to many others.

I've never tried cacao extract, but I don't like caffeinated coffee or tea much so instead I drink 25g raw cacao powder every morning before breakfast. Always seems to give my mood and concentration/focus a pleasing, subtle boost for an hour or two. Also drops my blood pressure quite noticeably for up to 3 hours.

^I am also not a habitual consumer of caffeine, or stimulants altogether. However, I would like to try some of cacao's chemicals isolated, just because.

Chocolate in it's raw form is outstanding, although I have not chewed on nibs in a while. I have eaten a fair amount of dark chocolate throughout last evening into this morning... and I have not done that in a while... weird.

• Heart
Reactions: CFC