• 🇳🇿 🇲🇲 🇯🇵 🇨🇳 🇦🇺 🇦🇶 🇮🇳
    Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

Byron/Nimbin Police presence?

I have driven to nimbin to buy dope probably over 100 times without a single incident. Having said that i have seen blocks being set up just out of town.
What you need to get is a detailled map of the local area. There is a bunch of ways to get out of nimbin, mostly on unsealed roads so you will need a decent car. If its only a small amount just stick it down you dacks - they will search your car but not your underpants. If you know the locals some of them get prior warning about raids, so its worth asking them too. Nimbin is an open market for pot, and people who live in country areas that, while having heaps of space to grow, don't know many peole to sell it too, so they go to Nimbin to offload their shit, often from a long way away like miles and roma.

i was at byron during schoolies last year

and there was a fair amount of police around. but nimbin! even if there is a cop, he's too busy punching cones to do anything.

Dont go to Nimbin very often..but i can give you the lowdown on Byron.

Just as has been said before..DONT walk around smoking joints..the bike cops might catch a wiff and grab you. Best to bring any goodies with you as Byron locals will not be interested in selling anything to anyone they dont know. There has been some major busts around here lately and quite a few not so major ones. Be careful in XXXXXX club..it gets its share of undercovers. As has been said be careful leaving clubs/pubs late as the cops watch for cars leaving and will give you some attention. Be safe and have fun.

Cruiser1

eKLaB said:
When you go "shopping" =D, word to the wise...Dont buy from around the pub! Got some shonky deal from there b4 new years :(.

I agree, fucking dodgy dealers near the hemp bar or in the museum, ripping u off when u buy in oz. Also be weary of the acid, don't buy blotters, esp from some random dealer cause its not potent and they won't sell less than 10 at a time.

To me its not worth the risk to go to Nimbin, the time or money. Also the fact that at the Hemp bar i started to get hassled because i was wearing gucci sunglasses and smoking a cigarette :\. Fucking discriminating poor ass fuckers.

BTW who said there are no police in the police station 8)?

I'd like to go to Nimbin mainly for the whole "Sub-Culture" thing. We don't see many tripped-out hippies in this area, so it would be a real treat just "scopin' out the visuals in Nimbin... man." I reckon it would be an "experience"... but a fun(nny) one!

As for travelling across state just to "ante-up!" on your drug stash... I mean... c'mon. If you're willing to take such extreme measures up, just to fill up your stash-tin... maybe you consider getting a new dealer... or giving the shit away altogether.

there are more messedup junkies in nimbin than tripped out hippies :\

agree on the acid point... i bought blotters off 2 different people... in small amounts (2-5) ... both were bunk! F*ckers

I dunno, the bush stuff I had from nimbin was fuckin grade A, awesome sativa...I haven't been there but my mates went up and said it was awesome, but they said they got offered ganja 27 times in two hours or something, once every four/five minutes or something like that. Just be careful you don't get taken for a fool...I'd be wary buyin blotter too, my friend's sister got a few tabs two years back that she said were awesome, but its too easy to screw people selling pieces of paper i guess. pity really. my friends could never get any mushies up there though, and they're too lazy to try and go picking

agreed on the grade A sativa thing :):) best bush i've ever smoked...

i managed to score mushies from some hippy lady who was obviously tripping at the time herself :p mind you it's more economical to pick them yourself (as long as you ask for permission and are experienced... in which case you'd prolly b picking them anyways) ... i paid too much for a measly amount.. considering they grow naturally in the area

the thing is .... if you don't know the dealers ... then its a pot-luck mission .... you may get a very nice chilled out hippy who has a stash of lovely something'or'rather ... or you might run into some jaded hoodlum' from "the alley" ....

my opinion, nimbin is full of junkies and fuct up vibes .....

^ well u'r right about the jaded hoodlum's but they were never from "the alley", instead they were on the streets 8) Fucking assholes, half of them won't even push down their prices, and the hydro costs just as much as what i can get on the Coast (minus the risk).

some of the bush in nimbin is fucking nice... i'll agree to that, and fucking cheap as well, but i get the weed from my dealer. But one of my friends got 2oz (around 25gs) and it was the weakest shit ever, just a mild buzz. Next time i'll go i'll bring scales just in case so i can piss the dealers off.

BTW i just found it funny that kids, and even their moms were dealing. One lady goes to me, "u look hugry, wanna buy some cookies?". So all i can say is, Nimbin is for shady wannabe mofos :p.

Omg what? You mean to say that there are DRUG DEALERS in Nimbin, who will RIP OFF the unsuspecting tourist who has arrived in town equipped with money for a good time and an urban legend type trust in the local product/merchants?? For shame... what's the black market coming to?

BigTrancer ;)

lorenzo_benzo said:
But one of my friends got 2oz (around 25gs) and it was the weakest shit ever, just a mild buzz.

err, dude.. your friend got ripped.. 2 oz. is NOT around 25 grams.. it's a little under 57 grams (but a lot of dealers treat an oz as a flat 28 so will only give you 56g)

I always thought unless you were a local you will probably get into some trouble buying anything more than a bit of perso.

Amazed to see this thread is still going... :)

My trip to Byron/Nimbin in May was most excellent.
Ended up taking a bus up to Nimbin and took part in one of the shonkiest feeling deals of my life.

Dealer: Smoko mate?
Me: Sure
Dealer: Come behind these bushes...
Me: (like a fucking idiot 8( ) OK

My wife's talking to the dealers mates about their cute looking puppy , half expecting for me to get turned over, but the deal was done without incident, though he didn't even have any baggies, so the weed goes in my bloody pocket. :\
Expecting to have been utterly shafted over the quality of the weed, we nip of to to the Rainbow cafe and skin up a moderate sized spliff.

Now my tolerance might have been a bit lower as I'd not toked for about two weeks, but fuck me was that a quality bit of weed - easily comparable to anything I'd had in Amsterdam. 8o
The fear kicked in on the main street - far too many people selling and getting in your face for my liking, so we headed back to the Nimbin Hotel for a bottle of wine on the beer verandah, which had some pretty spectacular views :)

I guess the trip was worth the hassle for some nice weed, seeing I had no connections around that area, and it was a pleasant bonus having some gear for Byron and Brisbane (though we did get locked out on our hotel balcony in Brisbane - not recommended when you're caned...)