Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

Byron/Nimbin Police presence?

psilotek

Bluelighter
Spending some time end of May around Byron/Nimbin and was just wondering how likely it is being pulled over by the cops driving back from a weed shopping trip to Nimbin?

Cheers,
A.

You more than likely wont get hasseled unless your being a complete tool about it, like hanging it out your window yelling " this is nimbin weed! " ..

Byron bay is a bit more hardcore for police action, i wouldnt recommend smoking in a public place in the byron area .. they dont take lightly to that...

Just becareful , you'll be fine ...

Nimbin most days you'll be lucky if there's a cop at the station!
But seriously like DeMenTia02 said unless ur being complete Fwit its very unlikely your gunna get pulled up coming back.

When you go "shopping" =D, word to the wise...Dont buy from around the pub! Got some shonky deal from there b4 new years :(.

Yeah, you'll be fine around Nimbin, that town would die if it wasn't for weed tourists like you.
Byron's less relaxed about it. I remember the year before last they had sniffer dogs walking the streets. I think the hippies eventually ran them out of town

also, try not to buy from the dodgy looking guys on the street. most of them are junkies that will try to rip you off to pay for their smack habits...

byron doesn't have that much of a strong police presence unless it's holiday time or there's something extra exciting going on. there's usually a car or two doing street patrols and occassionally cops 'on the beat' walking around.

but as DeMenTia02 said, don't smoke in public places and all should be good. and if you're leaving clubs (in cars) after 2am, but especially after 3am, be careful and don't do anything to attract attention to yourself as there's always a couple of cars out.

have fun dude:D

i think if the cops were interested in getting people with weed up there, i think they would be more interested in the massive plantations rather people carrying a few grams;)

Thanks!

Thanks for the informative replies folks - much appreciated. :)

Roll on the end of May! :)

The police in nimbin just don't care.... we drive in, we park, we get out of car, people run over and ask us if we want to buy weed, the scoot down the alley thingo and sort it out and while we wait some lady comes over and asks if we'd like to buy some cookies too, we finalise our purchase, hop in the car and carry on our way - all within a block or 2 of the police station *shrug*

We have passed several police cars coming out of Nimbin and we've never been stopped. We've sat on a busy beach in Byron and smoked weed and never been questioned by anyone.

It's not to say you definitely wont be stopped, questioned or charged... but the likelihood of it is low, imo... as others have said, just try not to advertise it and if possible, travel in an "average" looking car, as opposed to one that would draw attention (i.e. hotted up car/total bogan mobile).

Last edited:
Seriously... if you go to a tourist place that is known for (drug) and there are police around, expect to get searched on the way back, particularly if you're obviously not a local. Then if you don't get searched it's a bonus. If you do... then you'll have planned ahead and been prepared for a search by hiding whatever (drug) you have in an un-findable spot!

If you don't plan ahead and assume you (a tourist) won't be searched on the way back from (known tourist drug place) carrying (drug which all the tourists buy there) that you (a tourist) bought there, then its a pretty obvious gamble...

BigTrancer :)

I was in Nimbin on the weekend and car loads of tourists were getting searched around the place. The police have been known to target "drug tourism" in the area and if you're unlucky you might just get caught.

Catching pot smokers in Nimbin is like shooting fish in a barrel. That doesn't mean you won't be the unlucky fish in the wrong place at the wrong time.

The police have even had road blocks with sniffer dogs and searched every car coming and going from Nimbin. Don't be totally complacent, especially if your travelling in the weeks before or after Mardi Grass. That seems to be a time of increased police activity around there.

Have fun.

In Nimbin you should be fine, it isn't as if the cops dont know why most everyone is there. But around Bluesfest, Mardi Grass, Schoolies etc. there is always a lot more cops out and about. Even if they did find weed on you, unless it was some major amount, they aren't going to do much more than confiscate it. The dealers on the street are just as obvious looking as any tourist will be and the dealers are holding a lot more crop.

If you are actually worried about getting pulled over on the way back from Nimbin, which I am sure you wont be, take one of the little tourbuses from Byron. I don't think I have ever heard of them being searched by police, plus they are really fun.

As everyones said, dont be a dickhead and you shouldn't have any problems. In Byron just don't be completely obvious about it and you'll be sweet.

I am so jealous of you, I want to go up North for a while.

Last edited by a moderator:
road blocks or car searches near nimbin

I have been to nimbin a few times about 4-5 years ago and never seen a road block or car searches on the way in or out of nimbin. but a mate of mine drove down there from brisbane and saw a road block and car searches on the way out of nimbin and did not have the courage to buy any back. does anybody know the credibility of this.

The police run regular seaches in and out of Nimbin. Usually doesn't follow any set pattern, beware!!! At times they will also uses dogs in the searches.

i went to nimbin a few months ago and barely noticed a police presence. plus every second person you see asks you if you wanna buy pot. i saw people rolling up and smoking weed in the local pub too,

I don't see the point or wasting time driving to Nimbin just to buy weed, I mean it's probably cheaper to get weed from your local dealer if you just want to go nimbin to buy 1/4 or 1/2 or a oz, if you think of the petrol costs to get there and back from Brisbane/

Nimbin = Scumbin

Threads merged.

Please search before posting new threads, as your questions may have already been answered before. If you find a discussion thread on your search topic, feel free to bump it or post your specific question therein. This practise (or subsequent merging of threads, which has less desirable effects on thread continuity) helps to keep all the information in one place, so that it's easier to find later using the search function.

BigTrancer :)

yer urbanhog, i totally agree. ill put my dealers weed up for the pepsi challenge with that nimbin shit any day of the week. cheaper too judging from when mates went down a few months ago. i had some mighty fine chuckles at their whole effort. two day trip to get 3 ounces for a few hundred more then i could of got them (20mins away too!), plus one was bush.. h0h0.

the bush i've gotten from nimbin is unbelievably good.

was very cheap, shitty looking buds, but daymnnnnnnnn a chronically happy high :)