Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

Byron Bay - Splendour In the Grass 2005 - REVIEWS - Belongil Fields

Status
Not open for further replies.
Im going :)
Ive been reading these forums for ages, but only just signed up.
Ill be sure to post alot more int he future.

I cant f@cking wait, im staying at the Arts centre i think. So if anyone else is oging to be there. I have a room full of fun people, so you will have to come and visit :)

Arts Factory is great dude...

You will love it there, i think i will be heading there for the monday/tuesday!!! for a very relaxing scatdown!

If anyone requires accomodation for the event message me, i have an apartment to hire out 5 min from walk belongi fields!!!

Ill be there till the tuesday morning, then im heading back down home.
You should pop over and say hello :)

yeah, im currently speaking with a mate who is coming with us... im like... this time in 2 weeks, i will just be past newcastle after doing a small job i gotta do!!!

FUCKIN SAAAWWWEEEEET

nadYOUsoCRAZY said:
i lurved splendour '03 (well, apart from the mud, but even that couldn't ruin the weekend!)

i am so there.

it's time for a road trip... woooo

Yep, shit that was an awesome weekend. Good old Coldplay :D

Heh, I wore thongs that weekend. Forgot to even take shoes at all. Worked out well though, because instead of messing up a pair of shoes I was only $2 out of pocket for a new pair of pluggers.

Hopefully the timetables will be out this week sometime... once available, i will post a linky link here!!!

did someone say its only ... 12 days away!

because you all love me, and im all your favorite bluelighter, im going to post up all the times and crap now, they are still not available on the sitg website, but they are in Drum Media (for anyone in sydney)

Saturday 23rd
Supertop
1:00 - 1:30 Atlantic
1:45 - 2:15 The Futureheads
2:30 - 3:10 Drag
3:23 - 4:15 Athlete
4:30 - 5:20 Sarah Blasko
5:35 - 6:25 Shihad
6:40 - 7:30 Mercury Rev
7:50 - 8:40 The Living End
9:00 - 10:00 Ryan Adams
10:30 - 11:30 Queens of the Stone Age

-----

Mix Up Tent
3:00 - 3:45 Puss
3:45 - 4:30 Strawberry Syme
4:30 - 5:15 Downsyde
5:15 - 6:00 Katalyst
6:00 - 6:45 Decoder Ring
6:45 - 7:30 Katalyst
7:30 - 8:30 Cut Copy
8:30 - 9:15 Dexter Presents a set from a Million Islands
9:15 - 10:15 Har Mar Superstar
10:15 - 11:00 Dexter Presents a set from a Million Islands
11:00 - 12:00 Scribe

Plus all the action at the dance inc. Tipi Circle & Splendid Lounge Bar
----------

Sunday 24th

Supertop
12:15 - 12:45 The Grates
1:00 - 1:45 Willy Mason
2:00 - 2:45 After The Fall
3:00 - 3:45 The Beautiful Girls
4:05 - 4:55 Doves
5:10 - 6:00 Bloc Party
6:20 - 7:10 Interpol
7:30 - 8:30 Finn Brothers
9:00 - 10:00 Moby

-----

Mix Up Tent

12:30 - 1:15 Kid Confucius
1:15 - 2:00 Strawberry Syme
2:00 - 2:45 P Money
2:45 - 3:30 Archie
3:30 - 4:15 Caribou
4:15 - 5:00 Archie
5:00 - 6:00 Butterfingers
6:00 - 6:45 Gerling DJ Set
6:45 - 7:45 Pnau
7:45 - 8:30 Gerling DJ Set
8:30 - 9:30 Hilltop Hoods

Plus all the acts at the Dance Inc. Tipi Circle & Splendid Lounge Bar

So now that i look at this... i have got a clash for...
QOTSA vs Scribe... Queens win... Sorry ... BRU
Bloc Party Vs Butterfingers ... BP win... but someone doesnt want me to see butterfingers, he always has a clash on my timetable
Moby vs Hilltop Hoods - Moby... then the end of hoods...

that is all for now, once the map and the pretty timetable is available on the website i will link it over!

oh well works fine for me if the lineup dont change, there will so much time waiting around drinking though

As a splendour veteran (all 4) may i suggest to anybody going for the first time that is camping that they take
1. A braissere (spl) one of those things that you put heat beads in. It will make your camp very popular, its cold cold cold @ splendour. (open fires are extinguished)
2. As many fucking heat beads as you can fit in your car they have been sold out from ballina to tweed previous years. (you can make a tidy profit)
3. Clothes / Shoes that you never intend to wear again, there has only been one dry splendour and it wasn't that dry.
Also if you have camping tix go down on wednesday! you get PRIMO camping real estate (at the gates)
And again for the camping tix holders you MUST go to the friday night party in the cocktail lounge for campers only! Not only do you get your wristbands (no lining up with the masses @ 11 am sat) this was one of the highlights of the whole weekend last year IMO the usually ok Family DJ's were outstanding.
Oh and if Cut Copy do a DJ set in the cocktail bar (not live set) that was also v.v Good =)
Have fun guys I'm sure you will and hopefully i wont miss to much as i'm not going this year (lineup wasn't that great for me).
Oh and be safe there was an awful lotta ambulances coming into the campground last year for the first time ever. Don't know if this was drug related but judging by the nearly everyone i met there i would hazard a guess.
HAVE FUN =)))))))
***Oh and unless you want to be a zombie for most of the weekend stay the hell away from the cookie monster/fairy/lady her cookies are super strong
and several of my friends spent sunday afternoon and night passed out in the tent after eating like 1 or 2. Hehehe I told them.......***
[If this last bit breaks the rules please delete]

Last edited:
The Low Down

What - Splendour In The Grass 2005
Where - Belongil Fields, Byron Bay, NSW
When - 23/24 of July 2005
Who -
Saturday

Atlantic
The Futureheads
Drag
Athlete
Sarah Blasko
Shihad
Mercury Rev
The Living End
Ryan Adams
Queens of the Stone Age
Puss
Strawberry Syme
Downsyde
Katalyst
Decoder Ring
Cut Copy
Dexter Presents a set from a Million Islands
Har Mar Superstar
Scribe

Sunday

The Grates
Willy Mason
After The Fall
The Beautiful Girls
Doves
Bloc Party
Interpol
Finn Brothers
Moby
Kid Confucius
Strawberry Syme
P Money
Archie
Caribou
Butterfingers
Gerling DJ Set
Pnau
Hilltop Hoods

How much - It dont matter, it sold out months ago!

Timetable -
splendour_timetable.jpg

Map -
splendour_map.jpg

---ROLLCALL---

0ff1cer_ch0ps
nickyj
riot grrrl
zag0r
grunef
nadYOUsoCRAZY
Iwoody
breakAbeat (how did you go dude?)
Up All Night - Maybe, I dont know... Meh :/
frankenberry_bishop
Kidsonwiz
coulage
chad_sexington

Time & Place - Outside the Splendid Lounge Bar at 12:30 on Saturday, if you are unable to make it... shame shame shame... if you are... see you there, if anyone wants my details, PM ME... to those who i have met already... im sure i will see ya's around...

-----

so.. thats the final rant really... only just over a week away now, cant wait, as i have mentioned in the last 1000 replies.

Hope all that go have a safe and eventful weekend!

Last edited:
Breakfast is the most important meal of the day! Right before a splendour bender especially :D

And I can't be expected to get anywhere that early after stopping off at nimbin ;) =D

How about 2pm?

that is the fun of BL meets... no one really knows anyone, so you walk around like a losty going... are you a bluelighter...

trust me, you will know me when you see me... loud!!!

Fuck that, the one and only meet up I've been to (BDO) I recognised everyone before I even met them :\ Us BL types all know each other too well :D

I hope Yarni is coming :\

Status
Not open for further replies.