• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Heroin buying needles

Status
Not open for further replies.

moe091

Greenlighter
Hey everyone, I just learned that my state, PA, sells needles without prescription. For the whole time that I've been using needles I had always gotten them from diabetic friends so I dont really know what to ask for at the pharmacy. I was hoping someone could advise new on the best/safest kind for shooting herroin, or better yet just tell me exactly what they ask the pharmacist when they buy needless.

thanks for any replies

you need to concern yourself with finding a needle exchange, they will give you alot more helpful utensils than a needle, like cotton swabs, bacteriostatic water, etc etc. but if you simply cannot find one of these:

you walk into a drug store and, like an adult, ask for a pack or 10, box, whatever, of their 28+ (or higher) gauge needle. 1CC syringe, (or higher) this is a typical request

Can I please have a package of 1CC half-inch tip syringes

show an ID and you're on your way (to verify age)

right, and you dont want to walk up to the counter with your id in hand, or anything like that, be cool, dont act juvenile and you'll get what you're looking for. I have never had to show my ID to purchase syringes, im 5'6" and look less old than i am.

Go to a walgreens/Riteaid, the one time I went to CVS I was denied, because the store owner has decided that despite the change in law, HE still needs to see a script to sell syringes. Plain and simple, no id, no signature, simply pay and go. I am in PA

Anyways walk to the counter and say "Can I please have a 10 pack of 29guage 1/2 inch 100 unit insulin needles"

I usually go to Wal-Mart, they only are about getting your money. They could give a shit less about what you do with the things you give them money for.

I even buy syringes at the same time that I fill my suboxone script.... its ridiculous.

Wal-greens, and CVS tend to be bitchier about who they sell needles to.

Walmart even has there own brand of syringes they sell too.

Its like less than 2 bucks for a 10 pack, less than 13 bucks for a hundred pack.

And I always ask for "a 10 (or 100) pack of 31 guage, half cc insulin syringes"

I live outside Philly. You do not need ID at any of the spots I went to (Walmart, Rite Aid and Walgreens)

You can buy singles at Rite Aide for 39 cents a piece.

27 gauge, half inch, 1 cc is my preference but everyone has their own needs/preferences

The local needle exchange in Philly http://www.preventionpointphilly.org/maintenance.php (there site is under construction currently) operates under specific hours at specific locations

Here is a link to their FB page: http://www.facebook.com/pages/Philadelphia-PA/Prevention-Point-Philadelphia/18330134213?v=info

You will find their street side services van throughout the city at different locations depending on the day of week.

Walmart is great for syringes..
I even like their brand the best of all the rigs I have used (including BD and Terumo).
Now I usually just bring the box top of the rig box that I used previously but since you don't have one of those yet just ask for something like '30 gauge, short tip, 1cc insulin syringes'.
Of all the pharmacies I have gone to, Walmart has given me the least trouble.. never asking for the name of 'my' insulin script or saying I can't have rigs without a script (I live in FL where there is no law against buying syringes without a script).

Illinois also allows you to buy insulin syringes w/o a script, limit of 20. Walmart and Walgreens has never given me trouble.

i live in canada, and make sure to go in looking neat & clean, "normal" you know, like someone who legitimately needs the syringes for, well, insulin.
like most everyone else says, just approach the counter smiling and calm, and say something like, "i just need a package (or box) of 1 cc 30 gauge insulin syringes, short (or long, depending on your preference) insulin syringes". if they give you any static, give em a SHORT (i,e, realistic) explanation about needing them for your diabetic boy/girlfriend.

never had a problem yet. occasionally they will give you a funny look or something, but they have never refused me yet.

I think Walmart, no matter where you live, will always sell you syringes without a prescription...

i was surprised actually, the first time i tried... i just walked up and asked for a box of 1cc 29 gauge insulin syringes... the woman didn't ask for an ID and didn't even give me a strange look at all... none of the other pharmacists or even customers gave me any kind of look whatsoever.

it was only like 12 dollars for a box of 100 ReliOn brand needles. they are actually a really good brand i would recommend them to anyone. cheap and reliable. i have absolutely no complaints i havent had a single one that wasn't sharp or gave me any trouble.

I've always bought my needles at CVS (I live in VA), and they ALWAYS check ID and have me sign the book, but have never refused to sell me needles w/o a script (knock on wood). But I'm glad to hear that Wal-Mart is lenient with selling needles in case I'm ever refused at CVS.

these threads piss me off. UTFSE

anyway

1 needle exchange... no idea where in PA you live... but here is a site http://www.pppgh.org/

i dont know how that exchange works... they all work a little differently. i have gotten 200 needles from a place before. some only let you take what you bring in. some let you double it. it depends

2) INTERNET

3) pharmacy- go to a mom and pop pharmacy. CVS does not like to sell to junkies. go in ask for either "ultrafines 1CC" or i prefer "28g half inch 1cc" oh... and dont call them rigs =/ ive done that a couple times by mistake.

lucky

I am extremely lucky to live in Vancouver B.C. Theres a great place 15 mins away from my home with free needles, swabs, water, filters, cookers, tourniquets, ect. They'll give you boxes of the shit if you ask them to get it from the back. Theres even a safe shooting gallery that's rarely full. :)

I've always bought my needles at CVS (I live in VA), and they ALWAYS check ID and have me sign the book, but have never refused to sell me needles w/o a script (knock on wood). But I'm glad to hear that Wal-Mart is lenient with selling needles in case I'm ever refused at CVS.

I went to CVS in CA and they absolutely would not sell me one without a doctor's call/note/prescription/whatever. Were real asshole-y about it too. Since I live in NYC where you can buy needles anywhere, though I almost always went to the exchange since they're open all the time and are quite generous, I was kind of surprised... that it was actually a big deal. I know selling needles is legal in CA, but I guess not according to CVS policy... if you have a choice of pharmacies I wouldn't recommend a CVS. Try a mom-and-pop pharmacy if you have any of them around... and I guess Walmart from other posters' recs though I've never been to a Walmart and didn't even know they had pharmacies... ha.

I go to a CVS, and since I'm still a little sensitive about people realizing i shoot dope (not that my track marks wouldn't give it away at this point) I often times say that I'm there picking it up for a diabetic grandparent. I'm most certainly not saying that they wouldn't give it to you otherwise, as I live in PA and know that there are those who just go go up and ask for em, I'm just saying if you're a little weird about asking for yourself you can always go the "It's for a diabetic family member!" route.

I personally go 31 gauge for the needle, to me the smaller the needle the less it's going to hurt, and I'm guessing the less impact it will have on the vein itself (don't quote me on that, but that's what seems logical).

in New York State they allow you to buy needles at CERTAIN pharmacies for safe drug use, i just go to the counter show my ID and ask for a "1cc long tip syringe" its an ideal needle to shoot up, some pharmacies sell them by the singles, or by the pack, or they got programs "safe needle exchange" u go there, they give you free needles, cotton balls, water vial, bleach vial, a cap to put ur shit in, and a tourinette...only Walgreens and Rite AId i know of sell needles without RX over here,

Status
Not open for further replies.