• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Bupe Butran Recreational Use

yteek

Bluelighter
Ok, I'm a person that uses opiates/opioids probably once a month for a 1-3 days, I've been doing this for years. I've used bupe in the past, extremely small doses, and got the desired effect, as well as the downsides that come with not being tolerant so vomiting, itching, and being fucked up for about 48hrs.

The thing about this patch I hear it last several days and I know less is more with bupe. So can I just cut the patch into pieces and take it off after a day or so?

The last thing I want is to feel 7 days of bupe.

They are also usually an extremely low dose. You can take the patch off early if it's too much and if you store it right and use adhesive to reattach it you might be able to get more out when you put it back on

They are also usually an extremely low dose. You can take the patch off early if it's too much and if you store it right and use adhesive to reattach it you might be able to get more out when you put it back on

I just don't want to be dependent on bupe, knowing I have such a little tolerance, I once had a 8mg pill that I was just chipping baby lines off, and I just knew it had the potential to become problematic with that long half life.

Didn't realize these patches were in micograms, now I'm honestly curious if I'll even get high, but I'm sure I'll get something out of it. Seems like an all-around hassle, maybe the patches work better for some patients, but it just seems like another ploy to rebrand bupe.

Last edited:
Well, if you're worried, don't use it.

It would be ignorant not to worry about the notable potential for dependence. I could hope to gain more insight on the specifics of this product in the foresight of harm reduction, but drug forum high horsing may suffice.

For the record buprenorphine is a terrible choice for an occasional use opioid. It's too strong, binds to the receptors for a ridiculously long time, is actually a very dirty opioid, and preferentially stimulates beta-arrestin recruitment over g protein signalling.(In other words, lots of bad for very little good. There's a reason that doctors give that shit out almost freely to known junkies.)

For the record buprenorphine is a terrible choice for an occasional use opioid. It's too strong, binds to the receptors for a ridiculously long time, is actually a very dirty opioid, and preferentially stimulates beta-arrestin recruitment over g protein signalling.(In other words, lots of bad for very little good. There's a reason that doctors give that shit out almost freely to known junkies.)

I kinda enjoyed it, it just dragged on for so long, with my little tolerance being accustomed to just the occasional indulgence of codeine and hydrocodone, it became a nuisance. I had a 8mg pill, and I could get high as shit from less than a mg, just a tiny line, I had to throw it away. It could of easily just been weeks of being hunkered down on that shit and the last thing I want to do is complicate my already miserable life, with a self inflicted wound of chemically induced dependence.

I like to have my fun and be done with it, same reason I have hangups with clonazepam binges, shit last for days after discontinuation. Another oddity with the standard practice of medicine, compared to what I find to be the reality of using, is the longer the half life the more addictive, if not that just a higher likelihood of dependence.

I don't even know how I would dose these, I can definitely get high off way less than a mg of bupe, but the extended release being over the span of days, then it is all in micograms, it just seems like a bitch. From what I'm reading people don't feel the shit till like three days later, then they're hit with a wave of nausea, which I know I'm going to fall victim to, but got the zofran for that.

It has to be just another way to milk bupe in the pharma market for all it is worth, especially with the stigma around traditional pain pills.

It would be ignorant not to worry about the notable potential for dependence. I could hope to gain more insight on the specifics of this product in the foresight of harm reduction, but drug forum high horsing may suffice.

You say you use opioids only once a month; from your other post, that'd be a codeine overdose to wash down your benzo popping. Now you're worried about a sustained release buprenorphine for helping people quit addictions (and pain sometimes), when before a tiny piece of a bupe pill was too much.

So yeah, the patch will be too much for you.

It's not high-horsing to give you shit. You were a victim in the other thread of my guilty boilerplate, sure, but consider this just giving you shit.

You say you use opioids only once a month; from your other post, that'd be a codeine overdose to wash down your benzo popping. Now you're worried about a sustained release buprenorphine for helping people quit addictions (and pain sometimes), when before a tiny piece of a bupe pill was too much.

So yeah, the patch will be too much for you.

It's not high-horsing to give you shit. You were a victim in the other thread of my guilty boilerplate, sure, but consider this just giving you shit.

These patches are commonly prescribed to opioid naive people, it is not fentanyl, horse-like tolerance not required. This is not Suboxone or Subutex, it is not primarily marketed towards the treatment of addicts, if you look at their website they even make note of patients going from Ibuprofen to this formulation of bupe. This is fractions of a milligram, micograms being released throughout the period of week.

You really have nothing to offer in terms of harm reduction, or even a relevant scope of the particular topic at hand.

Pretty sure it's the same as Subutex, actually. Buprenorphine, just in a patch. I'm aware that even the patches with scary fentanyl in them are given to non-addicts, and I've worn 100ug/hr ones before, with no tolerance, no need to cut them or do anything special. After 4 days I took it off, and didn't transform into an addict.

But you have one non-dependent habit already, and can handle a huge bolus of opioid. But then you twice expressed concern about becoming dependent on this patch you've never worn. The obvious to anyone answer, is don't put on the fucking patch then.

I was talking about your irrational fears, so yeah, I guess it is outside the OD scope.