• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Bupe Buprenorphine Withdrawals

I also am not sure about doing a detox at.home,id much rather prefer an inpatient...i actually liked the rehab facility i went to...but i only got to gi.there cuz i was in my.dads insurance..it was $40,000/month to go..apparently lindsey Lohan was guna go there ti,but theres a rivet right next to the facility which paparazzi wudvt hadaccess to..its called Father Martins Ashely.its in Maryland.when was there u cud hear the bombs going off the the proving grounds..it was a super nice place..really topnotch..but i know if i were to gonow,it def wudnt be a placr like that

Last edited:
Hello, sorry i don't want to read through this whole post but this post looked like the right place from the fist page. My question might have been asked already but. How long will it take for subxone effects to go away if I've been taking 24mg the past month and the mo the before that 16mg. I stopped taking them yesterday at 6pm was my lat dose and it is now 9am. How much lon get do I need to wait to use an opiate again and get its full affect

Try about a week. 24 mgs is an insane dose to be taking so Itll stay in your body a long long time.

Please don't post the same question all over the site you've had multiple answers from other people but I suppose you don't want to hear the truth you want to be able to get high right now. You can ask the same question over and over but at the end of the day the answer will still be the same. Give it 5-7 days for the Suboxone to clear your system then get high all you want. You must understand how high of a dose you were taking so even waiting till the Suboxone clears your body won't be enough since your tolerance to opiates is higher than its ever been. The amount of Suboxone your taking is like doing 3-4 grams of average purity street heroin every day without any breaks. Suboxone is way stronger than heroin in the way it binds to your receptors and potency. Now if you were on a reasonable dose such as 2mgs a day then your would only have to wait a day or so to feel opiates and your tolerance wouldn't be sky high. Even after waiting a week without any Suboxone at all(which will be hell by the way) you would need so much steeet heroin just to feel okay again im not even talking about getting high. Say you needed 5 bags before to feel high now after taking this huge amount of opiates for the last few months you'll need 3-4 times that amount. But still always start small and work your way up to avoid overdose.

Last edited:
Yeaaa umm prob should've just crashed off the 80. Lol but there's no going back now! I hated sub WD even more than oxy withdrawal just due to the sheer amount of time it took, even if it is less intense. I was still having symptoms of acute withdrawal after 3 MONTHS! After 3 months, I was just completely broken mentally from coping every single day for the past 90 or so days with it!

Lopermide is not going to give you a buzz like hydrocodone. Maybe a kratom or small dose of codeine buzz for a person with no tolerance if the blood brain barrier is overwhelmed by mass quantities like 50mgs--#stupid! What I understand of lopermide in smaller doses used for WD (8-16mgs) is that it's effects are peripheral not central. Meaning I guess that your body will feel better but not your head due to how difficult it is to get lopermide to cross the blood brain barrier.

However if you are going to risk DEATH due to chemical imbalances causing a heart attack, it's not impossible to take enough to overwhelm the BBB and get a small (unpleasant) buzz, but don't do it yo! You've done come too far and done too many good opiates to die of an OD on lame ass Lopermide. Lol and don't forget that if you are going to abuse lopermide then you will face lopermide withdrawal (exp report here on BL about just that) and I think you'll have done enough WDing lately to not be down for another round with a new beast.

Yea Tagamet is OTC. Try walgreens!

Good luck with your detox and overseas. Take care!

HI,
I've read threads here and there over a few years but have never posted before this. I'm currently on Suboxone 8mg 3x/day, have been on that dose for four years. I know, that's a lot. It saved my life while on a downward spiral of out-of-control pain med addiction. Anyway I don't usuallly do this, but I was a stupid idiot and doubled up for pain earlier this month (which ultimately didn't even help), I'm out. I don't know what I was thinking. Well, I wasn't thinking. Anyway obviously I need big time help. I don't have an appt to see my suboxone doc for another week. That feels like a year from now. The appt was actually for two weeks, and I called and said that date wasn't good for me, and I changed in to the new date. They won't see me earlier. This is day 5 and I feel like I really want to die. I need to know what, if anything at all over the counter can help me??? Please help. I am a stay-at-home mom and have to take care of my family, I don't know what to do :(

Hi, I am a newbie here but had a hard time finding my answers so thought I would share my experience and keep in mind I am not reccomending and I know everyone is different.

I was taking 10-12 oxy 30mgs a day. Finally got on Subutex and have been on 4mg day for 6 months. Have had two surgeries and received morphine and dilaudid in hospital and Percocet 10's at home for a week to 10 days. Both times when i finished my script I took my Subutex within 12 hours of my last dose of percs and had no w/d symptoms or anything. Not sure if its because i was taking a fairly low dose of percs or what. But I couldnt find much info on how long to wait after taking pain meds and thought if anyone was in my same position taking the same amounts then this might be informative, but keep in mind everyone metabolizes differently and I do have crohns disease so that might play into the equation as well..... Hope you all do well with your situations. RC

First timer here have been lurking for a solid amount of time. From my personal experience bupe is a medication that needs to be prescribed with extreme caution. A person with a hydro habit does not need to go down the bupe route. My habit when I was strictly taking hydros was anywhere from 30-50 norcos daily. Knew I needed help so I went to the sub doc who put me on 12mg daily. It didn't take long but soon enough I just started taking other drugs such as benzos and amphetamines. Now of course I was clearly not dedicated to sobriety but I am sure some of you went down the same road as me. For other people, especially the ones who are deep into a heroin addiction absolutely bupe can be a god send. Anyway for me I ended up getting in trouble and my sub doc cut me off. I of course went straight back to using but Oxys and u H this time. I rode that train for a few months, obviosuly couldn't afford it anymore and I ended up buying a bunch of subs off the street to really push myself and see if the second time would be a charm. Well I started doing well on the subs my daily dose was usually around 8 mg which tapered down to right around 4mg over 8 months. Of course during the 8 months I was using bupe with a combination of benzos and usually coke or adderall on a daily basis. Well I ended up getting caught up with the law and arrested. Spent 2 days in jail and got transferred to the pysch ward because I was hallucinating. To sum my story up I was forced to quit cold turkey from about 6mg and it was bad but not anything a seasoned opiate user couldn't handle. On top of that I was also withdrawing from heavy benzo and amphetamine use also. I stayed clean not using a damn neurotin even for 4 months. The worst part of the sub wd is the duration, extreme lack of energy, insomnia and chills that last a solid month. Keep in mind I didn't have any kind of wd kit either. It's not easy but on the other hand don't listen to some of these bs horror stories people tell on Internet forums. I can imagine that an individual who has 5+ years on subs can tell a credible sub horror story. Not easy by any means. Easily doable considering the dosage you take isn't through the roof and if you have a fairly short period time on the medicine less than a year..... Just my 2cents sorry for the ramble

Hello there!
I am new to posting in Bluelight as well. Ive been an avid reader for YEARS. Currently I am in the process of withdrawing from Suboxone as well. I have been on 16 mg a day for a year, and I am sick of going to sketchy clinics and being treated as a criminal with the drug tests, counseling, yada yada yada...
I came across the subject of using Kratom to assist in withdrawals. This excited me! Finally, A way out!!!
I ordered a 4 oz. and a 1 oz. bag off of amazon and started last night (my 4th day). I have to say... WOW! I was worried I would have had to taper and that it wouldn't work, but an hour later (after parachuting about 12 grams)I felt no stomach pain, no anxiety and actually tired enough to fall asleep(at 1 am)I awoke 5 hours later with mild stomach pains, and parachuted another 12 grams. An hour later and again, NO WITHDRAWALS!

I will attest that Kratom is a LIFE SAVER! Since you have tapered you probably wont need as much as I do. I took a leap of faith (begrudgingly) at 16 mg to nothing. I must inform you I do NOT get high off Kratom, but it work MIRACLES for w/d's. Give it a try! I bought Green Borneo and Maeng Da strains. The Maeng Da for mornings and during the day for a more stimulating affect. Green Borneo for sedating effects at night.

I hope this helps, HANG IN THERE!

Last edited:
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/28441273

Phenibut has been clinicaly proven to work better for bupe WD than most other "comfort drugs" IMO.
This is due to The role of opioidergic and GABAergic systems. clinical study is in the link above

Complete garbage I get terrible withdraw from just a few days of that stuff you go into benzo withdraw its just trading one addiction for something worse. Mine as well start smoking crack. I hope people don't listen to this advice.

Even if it is an old thread, I'll put in my 5 cents:
The best way to leave Buprenorphine is to decrease the dose slowly, slowly. Since one doesn't have a feeling like from H, M ecc, it is quite easy *) to decrease.
Most of the people makes one mistake - decrease the dose much too fast ! After every step it needs at least few days, a week and even more to be ready for the next step.
If one decreases from let's say 12mg/d to 10mg/d he should not have a problem. If yes, decrease only 1mg. Next step after at least a week another time 1 or 2 mg less. After that it becomes more tricky, one needs to reduce dose max 1mg. Arrived at a level of ca 5 to 6 reduction made should not excess 0,5mg.
Give your body always time to adapt at the lower level !
I detoxed a number of times from Bupre this way quite easy.
Btw, I know well how a cold turkey feels ! That's why I am so convinced about Bupre. With this stuff I never had bigger problems when I reduced continuously in small steps and with breaks of at least a week between the steps.
In the end I took only little crumbs of the tablets and the rest was really bearable. Also for a wet like me ;)
Cheers

*) Withdrawal is never easy, but with "quite easy" I intend that it works without mothers little helpers and so on.

Thanks for this! I just posted on the mega thread yesterday about needing some advice for getting off Subs after taking less than 2mg per day but for 2 years straight and even though I?m down to just a tiny piece of a strip per day now, the WD is already getting rough. But Even though my dose is already tiny, I think maybe I was trying to decrease too quickly.

I haven?t really found any success stories about getting off subs, so I?m really glad I found this post!

I'm on day seven suboxone withdrawal.I was on heroin from 13 to 22 years old then on methadone for 10 years and then suboxone for 3 years.I got down to .75 mgs a day for a week and then .25mg for two days and then did nothing since.My withdrawals have been terrible.I've taken a half a percocet each day for 4 of the days but it doesn't help. I have also taken neurontin on those days.It also doesn't help. I haven't slept in 7 days.I took half a percocet this morning and it helped fot an hour or two.How long is this withdrawal going to last.I do have a 30 day supply of subs but I don't want to take it unless I absolutely have to.I have an appt next week with pcp for clonodine,cyclobenzaprine.I have a psychiatric appt in 2 weeks for amitriptyline.My skin is like the game of thrones songs of ice and fire and my legs are restless.Could I use small amounts of the 30 2mg sub pills I have to ease some of these symptoms until my doctors appt next week or will it reset the entire withdrawal process?
Part of the problem is that I don't have family and friends in my state and I'm stuck with my kids aged 6&2 all day long w/no help.
I called about 50 places to try to get an emergency psychiatric appt and a sooner pcp appt but to no avail.
I called the local crisis center and told them I was suicidal and got put on hold!

I haven?t really found any success stories about getting off subs ...
I'm from Austria. Here and in Germany I know many people with the same experiences as I made (and reported).
Most important is to wait some time after any reduction. This way you "adapt" your body to the smaller quantity. Reduce consistently in small steps and you will see, you are floating down till you get your feet on the ground.
Being active is important, very important in the end of this journey ! A job does a good job in this time if you know what I mean.
Good luck and take care !
Cheers

I have to say , suboxone wd is the worst ! I ran out of my subs, 16 mg a day, for 4 days. It was not fun.

This will probably get lost in this massive thread, but:

I've been on sub for 7 years (yikes!!!) and now I wanna stop. I'm only on 4mg but have tapered down to 2mg this last week. For the past year I have felt very little effect of the sub, really, so I thought it would be easy to stop, but it's not. I feel sick all the time, not so bad I cant go to work, but bad enough to make me insanely depressed and feel like I'm undernourished, somehow... Like I'm not eating right, even though I've never eaten more healthy in my life. Long walks helps a lot as I guess it releases dopamine or serotonin, or something, but what do I do to make it easier apart from more addictive drugs? Should I have just gone cold turkey and have ridden it out for a week or two instead? Am I prolonging this misery by going from 4mg to 3, then to 2, then to 1 over a month?
The weird thing is, even though I now take 2mg, I save the 2mg I don't take in a pill box, just in case, but for some reason I never take the remaining 2mg even though I feel like sh*t...

This will probably get lost in this massive thread, but:

I've been on sub for 7 years (yikes!!!) and now I wanna stop. I'm only on 4mg but have tapered down to 2mg this last week. For the past year I have felt very little effect of the sub, really, so I thought it would be easy to stop, but it's not. I feel sick all the time, not so bad I cant go to work, but bad enough to make me insanely depressed and feel like I'm undernourished, somehow... Like I'm not eating right, even though I've never eaten more healthy in my life. Long walks helps a lot as I guess it releases dopamine or serotonin, or something, but what do I do to make it easier apart from more addictive drugs? Should I have just gone cold turkey and have ridden it out for a week or two instead? Am I prolonging this misery by going from 4mg to 3, then to 2, then to 1 over a month?
The weird thing is, even though I now take 2mg, I save the 2mg I don't take in a pill box, just in case, but for some reason I never take the remaining 2mg even though I feel like sh*t...

Guess this thread is dead, huh?