• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Buprenorphine - Will I Get Precipitated Wd?

Gaz_hmmmm

Bluelighter
I normally use methadone daily (Have done for ages.) but I've not had a dose for around 48hours (I had a larger than normal dose the last time.)

Now I'm slightly sweating and my gut's feel abit achey and my nose is slightly running.

Is this far enough into withdrawal to take some buprenorphine (I have upto 6mg.) to stop this or will I get full blown precipitated withdrawal?

If I did get WD after how long could I take a full agonist to stop it?

Yes, I believe 48 hours is not enough after methadone, especially if you were dosing every day for a while.
You need to be in complete withdrawal.. like at the point where there is no more opiate in your system.
If you did decide to dose, and you are in PW now, usually the PW withdrawal goes away after like an hour. and you are left with regular withdrawals, until your body clears out the other opiate, and your tolerance is low enough for bupe to have an effect.
I would recommend 3 full days (72 hours) after methadone, especially since you use it daily.
sub , at a 6mg dose, will block all other opiates (except fentanyl) for about 36-48 hours in me experience.

hope that helped

I'd recommend 72 hrs just to be in the "safe zone" in terms of avoiding any PWD's. Personally, I've taken bupe less than 48 hrs after methadone, but that's just my metabolism YMMV.

I've been through PWD's from bupe/IV bupe more times than I'd like to remember. It's hell on earth!

agree with hydromorph. 72 hours minimum.

its not gonna be as bad as u think it will. what u are feeling now will be drawn out fora while.

i know its not the same but its similar > i was on subs for over 6 years. i stopped taking them and i basically just had mild WDs for a month. i always thought it would worsen, especially at week 1. muscle relaxers work very well.. and clonidine as well i took. thats it. i took ativan sometimes but i was too afraid of getting hooked so i only took em every so often.