• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Buprenorphine Redosing Question

OnImpulse

Greenlighter
So, I'm new here, but I've been coming to this site with questions for years now.
Anyway, I couldn't find the answer I'm looking for throughout google, so I thought I'd make an account- like I've been wanting to- and ask myself.

So today I snorted about .2mg of Subutex, and I felt really great for the first 3 hours of it. It was very powerful. The most potent opiate I'd ever done before. I have been off all opiates for 6 months, thinking it would rid me of my opiate tolerance, which it probably did. So I had a 8mg pill of the Sub and took a tiny bit of it. Basically, after 4 hours I was sick and puking, and miserable. I vomited and couldn't sleep off the sickness because this stuff wouldn't let me sleep. I definitely want to take more.

My question would be, how long should I wait to dose again? And this dose, should I take a lower dose, or will my tolerance to it be higher already and I could take the same dose I did the first time. It has been 14 hours since my last dose. I like the drug, just HATE throwing up. So does my tolerance build up right away after taking the first dose?

probably take an oldscool antihistamine with your opiate, something against motion sickness like diphenhydramine worked well for my GF. But tolerance to the emetic effect will occure. Tolerance to buprenorphine and then all opiates will happen fast too, because buprenorphine is not that euphoric and you tend to take more. And the long half life doesnt help either with tolerance issuses.

I was thinking about it, and would pepto bismol work for the antiemetic? I'm thinking of that because it isn't drowsy

Dude if you're a puker, you're a puker. I hate people who puke from opiates, they're a pain in the ass to be around, no offense lol.
Anyway, if you have no tolerance to bupe then 8mg is a ton for one day. Try maybe 4mg tomorrow.

... and dont snort bupe dumbass.

I've been on subs, it's sneaky cos it's not as euphoric as a full agonist. Your tolerance might be semi reset yes, post 6 months, but with a history of opiate dependence it will probably increase rapidly. Not that you were dependent but if you've been off of them it might seem so.

Why did you get off the opiates and why are you starting subs 6 months later?
Just curious, I did it once.

Whatever you do, be careful - and if you are going to take subs you need to start off small, just like when you did when you first ingested opiates.

Last edited: