• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • Bluelight HOT THREADS
  • Let's Welcome Our NEW MEMBERS!

Bupe Buprenorphine Mysteries

ChinaGroove

Bluelighter
You inject your bupe right? I've read that IV use of buprenorphine has a totally different half-life and everything than every other ROA. Supposedly it's even shorter. I have yet to have tried bupe IV and probably won't, as I've heard the citric acid and sugars they use in the formulations is a quick way to get an abscess or need an amputation. But I am curious if it feels more "rushy" considering the half life is shortened.

I couldn't agree more! Absolutely no euphoria from fent at all. I can't understand what people see in it. Sure it's a potent opioid but it's all sedation, no warmth, no tingles, no feelings of "all is well in the world" and no legs. At least bupe does provide a very stimulating euphoria if you have no tolerance.
In short, no. IV Bupe has no rush. I would only IV when I had a small amount left, like less than a quarter of a pill and needed as much bioavailability as possible.
It was kinda nice tho. After you hit you taste that faint orange taste and all you wd symptoms are gone that second.
However, faster onset means wd symptoms appear faster too. Typically when I would IV my small amount I went sick all day long and did my shot at night. It was just enough so that I could enjoy a cigarette before bed then get some sleep. I would feel nothing by the time I woke up the next day and my skin would be crawling by mid afternoon.

DeathIndustrial88

Bluelighter
In short, no. IV Bupe has no rush. I would only IV when I had a small amount left, like less than a quarter of a pill and needed as much bioavailability as possible.
It was kinda nice tho. After you hit you taste that faint orange taste and all you wd symptoms are gone that second.
However, faster onset means wd symptoms appear faster too. Typically when I would IV my small amount I went sick all day long and did my shot at night. It was just enough so that I could enjoy a cigarette before bed then get some sleep. I would feel nothing by the time I woke up the next day and my skin would be crawling by mid afternoon.

Aaah, thanks for sharing your experience.

I imagine bupe would pack more of a bunch if it was shorter acting at least, where as with it having such a long half life, you really don't feel your next dose the next day.
But then again, as of lately, no matter what ROA I use, it's worn off within 4-6 hours and redosing generally does nothing except pin my pupils again.

ChinaGroove

Bluelighter
Aaah, thanks for sharing your experience.

I imagine bupe would pack more of a bunch if it was shorter acting at least, where as with it having such a long half life, you really don't feel your next dose the next day.
But then again, as of lately, no matter what ROA I use, it's worn off within 4-6 hours and redosing generally does nothing except pin my pupils again.
Yeah Bupe never held me over either. I was up to 24 mgs a day prescribed and would often do more, leading to my script running out before my next appointment.
And the "light wd's", yeah there aint nothing light about Bupe wd. I was tossing and turning and craping while my skin was crawling, just like any full agonist wd. So of course being sick wasn't an option so I either had to hit up my boy who also had subs or find something, anything. And there I would be shooting Dilaudid just like I was before I started going to the doctor. It was an endless cycle.
So I ended up going to the Methadone clinic. I found Methadone held me over better than Bupe. And having to go daily was a pain, but the structure helped me.
I'm not trying to turn this into a pro Methadone thread. That's just my experience with Bupe and what I did as a result of my experience.

DeathIndustrial88

Bluelighter
Yeah Bupe never held me over either. I was up to 24 mgs a day prescribed and would often do more, leading to my script running out before my next appointment.
And the "light wd's", yeah there aint nothing light about Bupe wd. I was tossing and turning and craping while my skin was crawling, just like any full agonist wd. So of course being sick wasn't an option so I either had to hit up my boy who also had subs or find something, anything. And there I would be shooting Dilaudid just like I was before I started going to the doctor. It was an endless cycle.
So I ended up going to the Methadone clinic. I found Methadone held me over better than Bupe. And having to go daily was a pain, but the structure helped me.
I'm not trying to turn this into a pro Methadone thread. That's just my experience with Bupe and what I did as a result of my experience.

No worries friend. I'm actually very pro-opioid. I'm not one of those addicts who got hooked and then blames all their life choices on the drug and whines about how hopelessly addicted I am. lol I actually enjoy taking opioids, including heroin for the positive benefits they provide my psyche. Nothing works better for my depression, anxiety, mood and general feeling of malaise then a good dose of an opioid. As long as I don't run out of them that is of course. lol but a lot of medicines work that way.

May I ask what made you wanna take more than 24mg and run out early? Were you aware of the ceiling limit at the time? Did taking any more even really result in any worthwhile effects? I try to keep my daily doses pretty low. My main complaint with bupe right now is that it is inconsistent. Some days I'll get a good mood lift, mild euphoria and tons of energy from it. Some days I'll get incredibly sedated from it, but in a terrible feeling way with no euphoria or mood lift. Like a, "I've been up for 5 days" kind of sedation, that can be uncomfortable and irritating even. And then of course there's most days where I feel absolute zero from it. And very very very rarely, I'd say maybe once or twice a year, I'll actually get an effect that I'd put up there next to heroin in terms of feeling pretty good.

I'd love to switch to methadone, but I wouldn't be able to do the whole going to the clinic daily thing. It might not be so bad if there was a methadone clinic down the street, but yeah, I'm sure you know what I mean.

I guess until drug reform laws get passed (which seems unlikely) or they start offering other opioids for maintenance, I guess I am just fucked and doomed to live life on boring bupe. :( Which does jack all for cravings. I've never understood how something that isn't even perceptible is suppose to "help" cravings. Personally, I need to feel my medicine doing something (something good I should add) in order for my cravings to go away. Bupe is basically a tease.

Last edited:

ChinaGroove

Bluelighter
No worries friend. I'm actually very pro-opioid. I'm not one of those addicts who got hooked and then blames all their life choices on the drug and whines about how hopelessly addicted I am. lol I actually enjoy taking opioids, including heroin for the positive benefits they provide my psyche. Nothing works better for my depression, anxiety, mood and general feeling of malaise then a good dose of an opioid. As long as I don't run out of them that is of course. lol but a lot of medicines work that way.

May I ask what made you wanna take more than 24mg and run out early? Were you aware of the ceiling limit at the time? Did taking any more even really result in any worthwhile effects? I try to keep my daily doses pretty low. My main complaint with bupe right now is that it is inconsistent. Some days I'll get a good mood lift, mild euphoria and tons of energy from it. Some days I'll get incredibly sedated from it, but in a terrible feeling way with no euphoria or mood lift. Like a, "I've been up for 5 days" kind of sedation, that can be uncomfortable and irritating even. And then of course there's most days where I feel absolute zero from it. And very very very rarely, I'd say maybe once or twice a year, I'll actually get an effect that I'd put up there next to heroin in terms of feeling pretty good.

I'd love to switch to methadone, but I wouldn't be able to do the whole going to the clinic daily thing. It might not be so bad if there was a methadone clinic down the street, but yeah, I'm sure you know what I mean.

I guess until drug reform laws get passed (which seems unlikely) or they start offering other opioids for maintenance, I guess I am just fucked and doomed to live life on boring bupe. :( Which does jack all for cravings. I've never understood how something that isn't even perceptible is suppose to "help" cravings. Personally, I need to feel my medicine doing something (something good I should add) in order for my cravings to go away. Bupe is basically a tease.
I enjoy taking Opioids too lol or at least I did when was doing rec ones like Dilaudid and Heroin and those kinds. As much as I grew to hate them, I still loved them at the same time.
And as for the 24 mgs, well they would usually hold me if I took them spread throughout the day. But sometimes I would still feel restless after I took my last one, or at least my mind would tell me that. Sometimes I even wanted a buzz. Either way the Subs just weren't holding me over. And with the Methadone, it's amazing how one dose keeps me from thinking about it all day. Sure when I first started I may have wanted to take more to chase a slight buzz but I couldn't because it's a Methadone clinic. I only got enough for that one day. And by the time I got take homes (2 months) I was "stable" and really had no desire to chase a high. I felt normal and had no desire to be high. I just wanted normal life back.

DeathIndustrial88

Bluelighter
I enjoy taking Opioids too lol or at least I did when was doing rec ones like Dilaudid and Heroin and those kinds. As much as I grew to hate them, I still loved them at the same time.
And as for the 24 mgs, well they would usually hold me if I took them spread throughout the day. But sometimes I would still feel restless after I took my last one, or at least my mind would tell me that. Sometimes I even wanted a buzz. Either way the Subs just weren't holding me over. And with the Methadone, it's amazing how one dose keeps me from thinking about it all day. Sure when I first started I may have wanted to take more to chase a slight buzz but I couldn't because it's a Methadone clinic. I only got enough for that one day. And by the time I got take homes (2 months) I was "stable" and really had no desire to chase a high. I felt normal and had no desire to be high. I just wanted normal life back.

Long term subs definitely sucks but unfortunately it's the only option for some. Subs feel like you're half way in between withdrawal and ALMOST on the 'come up' of an opiate at the same time. Not very enjoyable and difficult, but it's better than nothing I suppose. The longer acting opioids do have that added benefit of helping people at least feel stable, which can be a high all on it's own, especially if you're like me and have always felt like crap no matter what. lol Opiates make me feel normal, almost like what I envision those who do not have depression & such must feel like. Able to feel 'high' from life itself...

ChinaGroove

Bluelighter
Long term subs definitely sucks but unfortunately it's the only option for some. Subs feel like you're half way in between withdrawal and ALMOST on the 'come up' of an opiate at the same time. Not very enjoyable and difficult, but it's better than nothing I suppose. The longer acting opioids do have that added benefit of helping people at least feel stable, which can be a high all on it's own, especially if you're like me and have always felt like crap no matter what. lol Opiates make me feel normal, almost like what I envision those who do not have depression & such must feel like. Able to feel 'high' from life itself...
I completely understand why Subs are the only option for some. Before I got my first take home at the clinic I didn't know how much longer I could keep up coming in every single day. I was seriously wondering if I made a mistake, kicking myself that I couldn't make it work with the Subs. Luckily everything worked but for so many it's just not an option as you pointed out.
And also If you ever feel like just talking about whatever, don't hesitate to message me. I'm down to talk about anything.

DeathIndustrial88

Bluelighter
The MU receptor has 3 subtypes. u1, u2 & u3.

Another user in another thread somewhere said u1 is responsible for euphoria and that buprenorphine binds to u2.
Is this truth? Or is this user just spouting misinformation?

If bupe only binds to a non-euphoric mu receptor subtype, them wouldn't that mean full agonists that bind to u1 would still be able to bind there (which it doesn't, since subs block)? Or is can opioids be agonists on one subtype and an antagonist on another?

DeathIndustrial88

Bluelighter
I completely understand why Subs are the only option for some. Before I got my first take home at the clinic I didn't know how much longer I could keep up coming in every single day. I was seriously wondering if I made a mistake, kicking myself that I couldn't make it work with the Subs. Luckily everything worked but for so many it's just not an option as you pointed out.
And also If you ever feel like just talking about whatever, don't hesitate to message me. I'm down to talk about anything.

Thank you friend! I may just do so!

DeathIndustrial88

Bluelighter
I read this article the other day and thought it might give some credence as to why people say less is more with bupe.
It also occurred to me that any time I've mixed bupe with a DRI (ritalin,wellbutrin, etc..) I noticed less effect. Probably because the DRI blocks the dopamine release of bupe.
Where as bupe + another dopamine releaser is actually enjoyable.
I think everyone's probably aware that opioids cause some dopamine release, but what I found interesting is how they clearly mention multiple times that this only happens at a low dose of bupe.