• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • Bluelight HOT THREADS
  • Let's Welcome Our NEW MEMBERS!

Bupe Buprenorphine Mysteries

Yoshi394

Greenlighter
Nah we weren't smoking any weed. In fact I think I was the only pothead there. lol

All we did was simply snort some heroin. I felt pretty good and noddy, as did everyone else. It was just that one guy start rambling shit over and over and flailing his hands around. I'm almost beginning to wonder if maybe he had done a really big bump and was afraid of ODing maybe? So the constant talking & waving of his hands maybe was so that he could stop himself from totally nodding off? Not sure.

Good observation though! People forget just how trippy and weird THC can be some times.
Haha thanks. Yeah, it isn't for everyone. I have seen people get their lives fucked up just as much from weed as hard drugs but there's always the "iT's NaTuRaL" crowd who thinks it has no negative effects haha. Safe drugging!

DeathIndustrial88

Bluelighter
Haha thanks. Yeah, it isn't for everyone. I have seen people get their lives fucked up just as much from weed as hard drugs but there's always the "iT's NaTuRaL" crowd who thinks it has no negative effects haha. Safe drugging!

Oh god. I hate those types. Those snobby psychedelic types.
"LsD & mUsHrOoMs sHoUlD bE lEgAl.... bUt NoT tHaT eViL hErOiN dRuG!!"

I love most drugs, in their own way & think it should all be legalized, regulated and dispensed safely, along with the knowledge on how to use it and be responsible and resources for 'help' if you want it.

There's gotta be some real good cognitive dissonance going on in these people who think LSD, Mushrooms & Marijuana are "good" and "natural" and "safe" because.. reasons. But drugs like heroin are "evil", "bad", "useless" etc.... because it's not a psychedelic and is semi-synthetic. :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Nightraver

Bluelighter
Ever seen person start hearing voices after injecting bupre? One of my friends friends gets like that.

Absolute boss of an drug, and you are absolute boss of an addict doing bupre
Mixing oxy and pregab does that to me lmho but strangely enough if I take a benzo first it doesn’t happen
In Scotland well the part of Glasgow I’m from anyway we have a name for it
Crazy dreaming because it’s like being in a woken dream state
It’s not nice
There was fake Valium about a few years ago we called crazy dreamers too as they would put the user into one of these states even at very low doses and I think that’s where the name started but then became a term for anyone in that state ( hey did you see Jim last night? Yeah man but he was crazy dreaming so I had to babysit him all night in case he jumped off a building or something) to cite one example

Last edited:

Yoshi394

Greenlighter
Oh god. I hate those types. Those snobby psychedelic types.
"LsD & mUsHrOoMs sHoUlD bE lEgAl.... bUt NoT tHaT eViL hErOiN dRuG!!"

I love most drugs, in their own way & think it should all be legalized, regulated and dispensed safely, along with the knowledge on how to use it and be responsible and resources for 'help' if you want it.

There's gotta be some real good cognitive dissonance going on in these people who think LSD, Mushrooms & Marijuana are "good" and "natural" and "safe" because.. reasons. But drugs like heroin are "evil", "bad", "useless" etc.... because it's not a psychedelic and is semi-synthetic. :rolleyes: :rolleyes:
I agree lol people are going to do it either way, drugs being illegal just makes a black market and makes gangs profit. Legalize freedom. Legalize all drugs lol and teach harm reduction instead of DARE type propaganda

DeathIndustrial88

Bluelighter
Well..

I lowered my doses over the past few days to micrograms. I felt some transient withdrawal symptoms that would come and go. Woke up in a pile of sweat a few nights. My arms, forearms, thighs and legs were aching like I had been stretched out on a torture device.

Today I took 4mg and the pain went away but it's still not particularly enjoyable. I think maybe my mind and body is just done with bupe. lol
The first 6 months to a year were pretty good on it though. Pretty sure I had a honeymoon phase with it.

I think I'm gonna go on a journey to try and get heroin legalized. lol I have been very vocal about it the past few years. Trying to wake people up. Even my family.
I don't know what else I can do actively though to try and change anything but it's been so frustrating. Society has been conditioned and programmed pretty fucking hard to believe Heroin/opiates are the devil and that everyone who uses them is just hopelessly addicted & will die and needs saving.

I know I'd be able to function and feel just fine if I had a few hits of heroin a day at my disposal. It's shorter acting nature means the positive benefits I receive would be more consistent. Where as with bupe, there are no ups or downs and the positive benefits go away rapidly.

I'm in no place to go out and get myself busted or in trouble with a new dealer though. I trusted my old one and always knew he would bring me real, rock heroin and not some fentanyl crap. Only had to deal with mystery powders when I went through his friends, but with this guy, it was always straight raw rock and no cuts. Only had fentanyl once that I recall. It was all heavy nods and no euphoria and no warmth or legs. Real heroin literally had me cuddling with my friends on the floor & itching myself because we felt so tranquil and peaceful. lol Heroin is the only drug to this day as well that makes me wanna get up and clean an entire house. lol Not even methamphetamine makes me wanna get up and clean.

I hate fent and it's what's really killing people out there, not my brown medicine.

Shit.

Last edited:

Yoshi394

Greenlighter
Yeah same haha I only trust one guy to go thru for h because he tests it. It was like 86% and the last 14% he just cut it with tylenol. Which isn't ideal either but surely better than fent. Could see the cut in it also, which made me feel better. Brown and then the white spots were acetaminophen. Shit was coming from China and I've never seen that quality again. I'm in wyoming right above colorado so most of what we get is mexican black tar.

Xorkoth

🎨 ARTministrator 🎨
Staff member
My question is, say a person takes 16mg one day and it begins to wear off later on that night. Then the next morning takes another 16mg. Does that new 16mg rip off the old bupe on the receptors and replace it?

No, there will just be more bupe to continue filling your receptors, basically more bupe will join the party and mingle with the bupe that's been partying all night and getting ready to crash out. Bupe kicks most other opioids out of the receptors because it has a higher affinity for the receptors. But bupe has equivalent affinity to more bupe. :)

Second question is.. When you get high on regular full agonists, your brain actually grows and sprouts new receptors to take in the drug. Then in withdrawal you must wait for these receptors to die off. At least that's what I've always read. Is this wrong?

No it's opposite, actually. When chronically exposed to agonists (like opioids are opioid receptor agonists, ie they mimic endogenous opioids and activate the receptors), our receptors downregulate, meaning they die off/shrink in number. During withdrawal, your body is slowly replacing/upregulating these downregulated receptors, and you won't feel normal again until you have recovered them.

I agree lol people are going to do it either way, drugs being illegal just makes a black market and makes gangs profit. Legalize freedom. Legalize all drugs lol and teach harm reduction instead of DARE type propaganda

Agreed. I'm a psychedelic lover but I firmly believe that the best harm reduction is to legalize all drugs. It would eliminate the cartel/organized crime aspect which causes SO MUCH suffering in the world. It would ensure that everyone was getting pure drugs, would know their dosage and what they were taking, which would drastically reduce overdoses and other harm related to taking drugs. Put the money wasted on fighting the drug war to use providing mental health help for people with addiction problems. And tax the drug sales, bringing in billions more in tax revenue (like is being done with marijuana, which has hugely boosted local/state economies).

DeathIndustrial88

Bluelighter
No, there will just be more bupe to continue filling your receptors, basically more bupe will join the party and mingle with the bupe that's been partying all night and getting ready to crash out. Bupe kicks most other opioids out of the receptors because it has a higher affinity for the receptors. But bupe has equivalent affinity to more bupe. :)

No it's opposite, actually. When chronically exposed to agonists (like opioids are opioid receptor agonists, ie they mimic endogenous opioids and activate the receptors), our receptors downregulate, meaning they die off/shrink in number. During withdrawal, your body is slowly replacing/upregulating these downregulated receptors, and you won't feel normal again until you have recovered them.

Agreed. I'm a psychedelic lover but I firmly believe that the best harm reduction is to legalize all drugs. It would eliminate the cartel/organized crime aspect which causes SO MUCH suffering in the world. It would ensure that everyone was getting pure drugs, would know their dosage and what they were taking, which would drastically reduce overdoses and other harm related to taking drugs. Put the money wasted on fighting the drug war to use providing mental health help for people with addiction problems. And tax the drug sales, bringing in billions more in tax revenue (like is being done with marijuana, which has hugely boosted local/state economies).

Thanks Xorkoth! I could have sworn I read a study, on a gov website saying that long term heroin used caused their brains to "sprout new terminals" or something like that. Can't remember the exact words and it seems to have just disappeared off google altogether. But it was explaining why it was so painful during withdrawal, cause these receptors were waiting to be activated by an exogenous opiate but are not. Maybe they were referring to the brain processes of addiction & how it rewires the brain, rather than opioid receptors. Hmm.

Thanks for all that info tho! I should have known all those things already since I study pharmacology, but bupe is a weird one.
So basically we have a set number of opiate receptors, bupe is capable of filling all of them I'm guessing and then once there's none left, nothing can attach. Where as I imagine with a full agonist, you'd be dead before it covered all your receptors like bupe can? Does this play a role in tolerance then? As in the more opiates you do, the less receptors they have to attach to? I'll have to do some reading some time.
Yeah same haha I only trust one guy to go thru for h because he tests it. It was like 86% and the last 14% he just cut it with tylenol. Which isn't ideal either but surely better than fent. Could see the cut in it also, which made me feel better. Brown and then the white spots were acetaminophen. Shit was coming from China and I've never seen that quality again. I'm in wyoming right above colorado so most of what we get is mexican black tar.

I live in the mid west & we only get east coast powder over here. Or at least we use to.
All the people I knew and hung around with were black folks and they would often cut their shit with diphenhydramine. I hated it cause it burned the fuck out of my nostrils and would cause my nose to congest and swell. And then there were a few times I got bags cut with xanax and one time a "muscle relaxer" which the guy never said which one. At that point I said fuck that! I will only buy the shit raw!

I generally used clonidine to cut mine or lactose. Both were very smooth, no burn or irritation. If none of that was around it was much easier to just do the shit raw. lol Damn I miss it.

I actually took some bupe last night before bed and it caused me to be really chit chatty and relaxed. Definitely nothing compared to brown, but it was enjoyable. I think some clonazepam helped as well.

I swear since I've been on bupe so long that my body metabolizes it quicker or something. I took a good dose yesterday around 6 or 7 in the morning and by 8 last night my pupils were like saucers. Bupe has always pinned my pupils, even if I'm not high from it, I can some times still tell when it's doing something cause my pupils will constrict and almost become invisible. lol For my pupils to be wide and normal after roughly 12hrs of bupe seems odd.

I'm so pissed cause new neighbors moved in to the bottom part of this house, so I'm not gonna be able to smoke my cigs inside anymore and they have a brat kid who's already been pounding and running around. :rolleyes: I hope they are just house sitting for the landlord or something, but that might be wishful thinking on my part. Although I haven't seen these people bring any furniture or boxes in or anything and they've been stopping here randomly for the past 2 weeks. Most normal people would just pack up a uhaul and be done with it. lol

And yesterday was my oldest sisters birthday. She died this past summer from a lifetime of alcoholism. So I celebrated by getting a little buzz going on last night. I know that's how my sister would have wanted it. lol

Cheers everyone!

Last edited:

DeathIndustrial88

Bluelighter
Im curious if anyone can relate to this experience..

When I take my bupe & clonazepam in the morning, I'll feel alright for maybe the first hour or two, enough to wake up and get motivated to take care of anything I need to for the day.
The rest of the afternoon however results in a sluggish, tired, irritable and bored feeling. I often find myself wanting to go back to bed not long after getting up.

But if I take the two in the evening again nearing my bed time, I noticed I get much more pronounced effects (even with tolerance) and will even get a little chatty and have trouble falling asleep because I feel like staying up longer and smoking cigarette after cigarette. I don't necessarily have a problem with this but..

I know that our environment can have an affect on how we perceive drugs, but has anyone heard of time of day/night having any different effect?
I know the brain begins to produce melatonin and possibly other chemicals when the light begins to dim in the evening.
Maybe it's all just in my head or could our circadian rhythm have an influence on our drug experiences?

I'm wondering why my meds feel good in the evening but in the mornings/during the day feel lackluster and even dysphoric at times.

Last edited:

MyrandaK

Bluelighter
I'm making this thread for anyone who wants to post their peculiar, strange or uncommon questions and experiences regarding buprenorphine & it's complex pharmacodynamics.

My question is, say a person takes 16mg one day and it begins to wear off later on that night. Then the next morning takes another 16mg. Does that new 16mg rip off the old bupe on the receptors and replace it?

Second question is.. When you get high on regular full agonists, your brain actually grows and sprouts new receptors to take in the drug. Then in withdrawal you must wait for these receptors to die off. At least that's what I've always read. Is this wrong? Or does our body only have so many receptors? If not then does buprenorphine cause you to sprout new receptors? Or does it only just fill up how many receptors you have in your body? It seems like it wouldn't, since taking more and more doses does not result in an increase in high. Or might it only cause you to sprout new receptors up to a certain point?

Also, I have read that it's possible to chemically convert buprenorphine into a strong full agonist using chemistry. Does anyone have any experience creating or using any?
It will cause more receptors to develop/sprout. I do not believe there is ever an end to the magnitude of that possibility. Use with caution. 1 mg of bupe equals 120mg oxycodone. If it takes you 30mg of oxy then you use bupe, it won’t take long to double and triple that. Moreover, never ever ever take more than 2mg of bupe a day. If you do, tolerance is going to be fucked off and you won’t get even the slightest effects anymore. It acts as an agonist in doses under 2mg, and antagonist in doses over 2mg. I wish this was widespread knowledge. There are very few people who are in actual need of more than 2mg a day. Maybe a double dose the first day for stabilization. Always start with 1mg to text your tolerance. More is not better. Less is more. Even if you take 16-24-32mg a day, eventually you’ll need more to keep up. It won’t end and it never stops growing.

Last edited:

MyrandaK

Bluelighter
I
Im curious if anyone can relate to this experience..

When I take my bupe & clonazepam in the morning, I'll feel alright for maybe the first hour or two, enough to wake up and get motivated to take care of anything I need to for the day.
The rest of the afternoon however results in a sluggish, tired, irritable and bored feeling. I often find myself wanting to go back to bed not long after getting up.

But if I take the two in the evening again nearing my bed time, I noticed I get much more pronounced effects (even with tolerance) and will even get a little chatty and have trouble falling asleep because I feel like staying up longer and smoking cigarette after cigarette. I don't necessarily have a problem with this but..

I know that our environment can have an affect on how we perceive drugs, but has anyone heard of time of day/night having any different effect?
I know the brain begins to produce melatonin and possibly other chemicals when the light begins to dim in the evening.
Maybe it's all just in my head or could our circadian rhythm have an influence on our drug experiences?

I'm wondering why my meds feel good in the evening but in the mornings/during the day feel lackluster and even dysphoric at times.
I have a theory. When you sleep, your brain has a fluid that washes in and out of it, removing toxins. So when you first wake up, your starting with more of a clean slate. When you take your evening dose, you’re stacking it on top of the morning one.

ickray

Bluelighter
It will cause more receptors to develop/sprout. I do not believe there is ever an end to the magnitude of that possibility. Use with caution. 1 mg of bupe equals 120mg oxycodone. If it takes you 30mg of oxy then you use bupe, it won’t take long to double and triple that. Moreover, never ever ever take more than 2mg of bupe a day. If you do, tolerance is going to be fucked off and you won’t get even the slightest effects anymore. It acts as an agonist in doses under 2mg, and antagonist in doses over 2mg. I wish this was widespread knowledge. There are very few people who are in actual need of more than 2mg a day. Maybe a double dose the first day for stabilization. Always start with 1mg to text your tolerance. More is not better. Less is more. Even if you take 16-24-32mg a day, eventually you’ll need more to keep up. It won’t end and it never stops growing.
How can we accurately convert 1mg of Bupe to 120mg of oxy correctly, since Bupe is such a different drug and an overall partial agonist? I was taking 8mg a day for years which means I was taking what would equate to 960mg of oxycodone? 16mg would equate to 1920mg of oxy? I know Bupe is a powerful drug, but damn that is wild.

MyrandaK

Bluelighter
I believe that equation was in reference to the binding affinity, as far as how strong it is on the receptors. The most oxy I’d ever taken in my life was 15mg at one time. Which was 1 and a half of the pills given to me after a c section. The only time I took it after being on 16mg of bupe per day, I took 90mg at one time. It kept the worst of the wds away that day. Sadly I took it right at dark, so most of my not sick time was when I was asleep. At least I got sleep, I guess. This was years ago. Taking 10 or 15mg of any pain med for bupe withdrawals was like taking nothing.

ickray

Bluelighter
Yeah I did a long taper down to 2mg and jumped off. I bought a shit load of the strongest Kratom extract I could find and it surprisingly took away 85% of the WD, although it took a good week to actually feel any of the euphoric feelings from it. I knew that using full agonists to get rid of the sub withdrawal would just lead me down the path I spent those years trying to escape. Subs definitely helped get my life back on track!

DeathIndustrial88

Bluelighter

Aaah, thanks for the info! Was already aware of some of that but I still appreciate it. :)

I try to stick to lower doses. I have noticed an increase in effect up to about 4mg and then after it plateau's and I no longer get even a mood lift if I take above 4mg a day.

I know some people *think* maintenance drugs are not for *getting high*, which is true, but I find that if I don't *feel* my bupe, then I don't get any craving relief, which craving relief is something maintenance is suppose to tackle.

I've been on bupe for about 5 years now at doses of 0.02mg all the way up to 24mg. The higher I dosed, the worse I felt to be honest. It almost feels like you're in withdrawal when you dose that high. I can only see some one needing that high of a dose when coming off a full agonist.

I

I have a theory. When you sleep, your brain has a fluid that washes in and out of it, removing toxins. So when you first wake up, your starting with more of a clean slate. When you take your evening dose, you’re stacking it on top of the morning one.

This is a good theory & most likely the best answer because it's true that our brains sort of "reset" while we're asleep. Although usually morning doses should be more euphoric if you're starting clean, where as my morning doses seem to be very lackluster and if I dose late at night, I get a very uppity, almost euphoric feeling from it. Even if I skip the night dose and wait until after I've slept and wake up the following day, I still don't get anywhere near the same mood lift & feelings of motivation that I get from night doses. It's very odd, but maybe there's other bio-chemical factors at play inside my body unique to me.

Thanks for the responses! :)

schizopath

Moderator: Music
Staff member
Yeah, im a fast metabolizer and if i dont do 3 shots a day my pupils go large. Though now i need to taper to at most 1mg. Such a shitty drug, welp. Somebodys selling fent and i just wanna try that shit.

Xorkoth

🎨 ARTministrator 🎨
Staff member
Fent is way shittier than bupe. It's not euphoric at all, it's just very sedating and very strong at depressing your breathing. And it lasts like 10 times shorter than bupe at least. Seriously bupe is way more enjoyable than fent. Fent is only good for anesthesia (it's great for that because it's very strong at killing pain and wears off quickly).

DeathIndustrial88

Bluelighter
Yeah, im a fast metabolizer and if i dont do 3 shots a day my pupils go large. Though now i need to taper to at most 1mg. Such a shitty drug, welp. Somebodys selling fent and i just wanna try that shit.

You inject your bupe right? I've read that IV use of buprenorphine has a totally different half-life and everything than every other ROA. Supposedly it's even shorter. I have yet to have tried bupe IV and probably won't, as I've heard the citric acid and sugars they use in the formulations is a quick way to get an abscess or need an amputation. But I am curious if it feels more "rushy" considering the half life is shortened.
Fent is way shittier than bupe. It's not euphoric at all, it's just very sedating and very strong at depressing your breathing. And it lasts like 10 times shorter than bupe at least. Seriously bupe is way more enjoyable than fent. Fent is only good for anesthesia (it's great for that because it's very strong at killing pain and wears off quickly).
I couldn't agree more! Absolutely no euphoria from fent at all. I can't understand what people see in it. Sure it's a potent opioid but it's all sedation, no warmth, no tingles, no feelings of "all is well in the world" and no legs. At least bupe does provide a very stimulating euphoria if you have no tolerance.

DeathIndustrial88

Bluelighter
Suboxone dont have a rush. Subutex has some. Thinking of quitting daily use as its boring and so on.
Daily use is definitely boring. Bupe is also just a highly inconsistent drug.

Yesterday I took about 8mg in the morning and by this morning, I was already sweating buckets and had pupils like saucers. I felt like crap all day yesterday too.