• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • Bluelight HOT THREADS
  • Let's Welcome Our NEW MEMBERS!

Bupe Buprenorphine Mysteries

DeathIndustrial88

Bluelighter
I'm making this thread for anyone who wants to post their peculiar, strange or uncommon questions and experiences regarding buprenorphine & it's complex pharmacodynamics.

My question is, say a person takes 16mg one day and it begins to wear off later on that night. Then the next morning takes another 16mg. Does that new 16mg rip off the old bupe on the receptors and replace it?

Second question is.. When you get high on regular full agonists, your brain actually grows and sprouts new receptors to take in the drug. Then in withdrawal you must wait for these receptors to die off. At least that's what I've always read. Is this wrong? Or does our body only have so many receptors? If not then does buprenorphine cause you to sprout new receptors? Or does it only just fill up how many receptors you have in your body? It seems like it wouldn't, since taking more and more doses does not result in an increase in high. Or might it only cause you to sprout new receptors up to a certain point?

Also, I have read that it's possible to chemically convert buprenorphine into a strong full agonist using chemistry. Does anyone have any experience creating or using any?

Last edited:

schizopath

Moderator: Music
Staff member
Ever seen person start hearing voices after injecting bupre? One of my friends friends gets like that.

Absolute boss of an drug, and you are absolute boss of an addict doing bupre

DeathIndustrial88

Bluelighter
Ever seen person start hearing voices after injecting bupre? One of my friends friends gets like that.

Absolute boss of an drug, and you are absolute boss of an addict doing bupre

I have not! Not with bupe anyway.. But I did see a guy once, after a few of us had done some heroin start acting in a similar manner. He was talking out loud to himself and swinging his hands around like he trying to keep shit out of his face. The rest of us were all relaxed, blissful and nodding out. I was kinda shocked cause I had never seen a person act that way before from an opiate/opioid.

With bupe, you'd think it's kappa antagonism would help prevent hallucinations. I I wonder if rebound long term kappa antagonism from coming off of bupe could actually induce hallucinations too? Hmm. It does go to show that everyone can react differently to drugs I guess.

ChinaGroove

Bluelighter
I was on bupe for two years straight. I never experienced any hallucinations, auditory or otherwise.
However, Bupe is a strong and kinda weird drug. I wouldn't doubt it is possible.

DeathIndustrial88

Bluelighter
I was on bupe for two years straight. I never experienced any hallucinations, auditory or otherwise.
However, Bupe is a strong and kinda weird drug. I wouldn't doubt it is possible.

May I ask what makes you say it's a "weird" drug?

Just curious about other people's experiences with buprenorphine as it really is a strange drug. If you have a tolerance, most of the time it's pretty crappy and then there are days where it's a pretty strong/nice drug and then days where it's strong but the effects don't feel pleasant. It's an odd opioid for sure.

ChinaGroove

Bluelighter
Like how when I was a stupid naive 19 year old, I wanted an oxy 80 and this guy that had them some times was out. "Here if you like oxy's you'll like these then." It was an old fashioned orange suboxone pill. He told me to only take likea quarter at the most. So I did and I felt good at first. Later on I started throwing up for the next 18 hours or so. I was way too fucked up. I had no idea those were given to people that were already dependent on opiates.
Then of course once I got on subs for maintainance, the ceiling prevented any sirt of buzz (not a bad thing though).
Just a few months ago I ran thru my Methadone tae home early (the addict in me wanted a buzz). So I took a tiny line of a Subutex. And....precipitated wd. It's crazy how it can literally rip full agonist opioids off the receptors and not provide any relief AND block other opioids due to its binding affinity.
Plus for the two years I was on Sub maintainence, I just felt off. Not high/buzzed.
Not sick. Not "normal". It was weird. Plus for me, I got really bad headaches and nausea and always seemed to have a weird taste in my mouth (I ysually either snorted or did them sublingual).
For me, Methadone has just reacted better. I feel "normal" on a stable dose. Not too much where i'm high. Not too little where i'm sick. But just right. That's my experience anyway.

MDPV_Psychosis

Bluelighter
most of the time it's pretty crappy and then there are days where it's a pretty strong/nice drug and then days where it's strong but the effects don't feel pleasant. It's an odd opioid for sure.

This was a problem for me too when on suboxone. I just figured that some days it absorbed sublingually better than other days though I'm not really sure why it was so variable. After a couple years though I started to sluggish and depressed all the time, so I started tapering with the intention of getting off it.

Once I got to where I was only taking like 1-2mg per day it really did star to feel better overall. Then I asked my doctor to prescribe the pills instead of the strips and she did. At that point I started crushing and snorting tiny pieces of the pill, this was when buprenorphine really started to feel awesome to me when used in small doses (less than 0.5mg) nasally. This for me by far was the best way to consume it. Luckily I stuck to my plan and kept tapering, then eventually got off it completely.

TheInvisibleStoner

Ex-Bluelighter
But I did see a guy once, after a few of us had done some heroin start acting in a similar manner. He was talking out loud to himself and swinging his hands around like he trying to keep shit out of his face.

What was this guys history?

I have noticed a thing with people on stims / anti d's / AP's do strange things on opiates. I have no clue why. Mumbling and nodding is normal. But talking out loud fully awake certainly is not. But have seen it.

Have noticed mixing rolls and opiates produced some odd times. Almost legit conversations with themselves. For me would nod literally walking.

I also know this big drunk that I once gave a little methadone too. He claims he was hallucinating, but I really believe it was something going on with his sugar levels (he has diabetes type II today, I think back then it wasn't diagnosed yet is all). But he was claiming double vision and morphing. He also has breathing issues too so could of even been lack of oxygen maybe. Was the last time I ever gave some random dude methadone since I was pretty scared something was going to happen to him.

I think when you give an opiate naive person a decent dose of opiates, anything can happen. Moreso with these long acting opiates.

DeathIndustrial88

Bluelighter
What was this guys history?

I have noticed a thing with people on stims / anti d's / AP's do strange things on opiates. I have no clue why. Mumbling and nodding is normal. But talking out loud fully awake certainly is not. But have seen it.

Have noticed mixing rolls and opiates produced some odd times. Almost legit conversations with themselves. For me would nod literally walking.

I also know this big drunk that I once gave a little methadone too. He claims he was hallucinating, but I really believe it was something going on with his sugar levels (he has diabetes type II today, I think back then it wasn't diagnosed yet is all). But he was claiming double vision and morphing. He also has breathing issues too so could of even been lack of oxygen maybe. Was the last time I ever gave some random dude methadone since I was pretty scared something was going to happen to him.

I think when you give an opiate naive person a decent dose of opiates, anything can happen. Moreso with these long acting opiates.

I'm not totally sure. As far as I know this guy was a regular heroin user. I was with 3 guys and all used heroin more than I did. The guy was definitely awake, but he it seemed almost like he was purposely yelling out random things and flailing his hands to prevent himself from totally nodding off. Not sure what his deal was or if he had any other drugs in his system. I had rode to this other guys house with 2 of them and he seemed fine the entire ride there. His nickname was "Snow" though, so maybe there's a possibility he was on something else and I just had no idea. And maybe the combination caused him to act that way. No clue, but the rest of us were nodding our asses off while he was acting strange.

DeathIndustrial88

Bluelighter
This was a problem for me too when on suboxone. I just figured that some days it absorbed sublingually better than other days though I'm not really sure why it was so variable. After a couple years though I started to sluggish and depressed all the time, so I started tapering with the intention of getting off it.

Once I got to where I was only taking like 1-2mg per day it really did star to feel better overall. Then I asked my doctor to prescribe the pills instead of the strips and she did. At that point I started crushing and snorting tiny pieces of the pill, this was when buprenorphine really started to feel awesome to me when used in small doses (less than 0.5mg) nasally. This for me by far was the best way to consume it. Luckily I stuck to my plan and kept tapering, then eventually got off it completely.

I'm at this point too. After 5 years, bupe just makes me lethargic, tired, no libido. I'd really love to switch to something else.
I think there could be still things we don't fulyl understand or know about buprenorphine. It's such a variable drug.
There's gotta be some ways through chemistry or something to make buprenorphine a little more magical too but I can't find much about it and don't really have extensive chemistry knowledge to pull it off myself, but I'm pretty desperate at this point to get my cravings for heroin under control. I would just go use heroin if I knew where to get any, but my main dude for it went to prison.

I think buprenorphine can be pretty wild if you have zero tolerance though.
And even after 5 years, some days I still get opiate-effects from it, but they're not very enjoyable cause there's rarely any euphoria accompanying any effects I do get.
I would most likely come off it too, as long as I had another opioid to put in it's place, until then I suppose I'm stuck in this predicament.

MDPV_Psychosis

Bluelighter
What's your daily current dosage and route of administration? You may benefit greatly from buprenorphine's "less is more" aspect especially now since you've been on it so long (5 year?) and feel you've 'lost its magic' so to say.

it's takes patience though, as you would need to taper down and adjust to where you are only using like 1mg a day (usually people report it gets better again once they get below like 2mg a day). This takes time and the benefits won't hit right away, but once you get to lower doses and then adjust to them, which takes time especially if at a high dose, then you very may actually start to notice that buprenorphine is getting you high again each day instead of just the never ending sluggishness that is high dosing after years on it

its likely that I'm not the first person to suggest this to you. Lots of people have discovered it's a lot more fun and enjoyable at lower dose, a little more like getting high from each dose then just never ending maintenance, but this could be good or bad for you. In some people this might help scratch the itch, in others it can just make the desire to relapse even stronger...

Once I got to like 1mg a day I started taking 0.5mg in the morning and another 0.5mg in the evening. Each dose gave me a nice buzz for several hours, it really was so much better than then the sluggishness, depression, loss of libido etc that I was getting when taking like 8mg once a day.

there really isn't any chemistry you can do to make buprenorphine better, aside from using a better route of administration or this common reported effect of "less is more".

DeathIndustrial88

Bluelighter
Oh yeah I've done tones of reading and several experiments myself with the 'less is more' aspect. It really is true mostly. I'm not too worried about relapse as my dealer is long gone. Plus I actually enjoy and prefer living my life on an opiate, so if I wasn't taking buprenorphine, i'd be taking an opiate in some form or another just to be able to function.

I guess my issue is, is that after awhile even those low doses you get accustom to and they don't do a whole lot. Plus buprenorphine's just not that euphoric to begin with. And over time I end up raising my doses again out of trying to receive the positive benefits again. I know a tolerance break would help, but it might be painful. I've been using magnesium and dxm to sort of potentiate and stunt tolerance, but it only works for so long and I'm at an age where guzzling down dxm pills is hard to do (gag reflex). lol

I think I am just stuck where I'm at at the moment. It beats a life of achey boredom and misery though I guess. I've tried all the potentiatiors too, such as benadryl, cimitidine, etc.. I think I would do better on methadone or a different opioid, but unfortunately modern medicine (in America anyway) isn't there yet. lol And methadone would be too difficult for me to get on as I don't live near a clinic. Just seems like more of a hassle than being on subs.

I have read a conversation between some folks on how they were able to cleave off or add some sort of chemical to bupe and it turned it into an Etorphine-like drug. I would post it but I don't know if this would break any BL rules. They sound legit and seem to understand what they're speaking about. It got me wondering though if they were able to do something like this, what other mysterious things could the buprenorphine molecule hold. Although I'm not really knowledgeable enough in chemistry to attempt anything really, I do however like to learn about things. It may have been norbuprenorphine though that they were using to make this, I'm not sure.

Yoshi394

Greenlighter
I'm not totally sure. As far as I know this guy was a regular heroin user. I was with 3 guys and all used heroin more than I did. The guy was definitely awake, but he it seemed almost like he was purposely yelling out random things and flailing his hands to prevent himself from totally nodding off. Not sure what his deal was or if he had any other drugs in his system. I had rode to this other guys house with 2 of them and he seemed fine the entire ride there. His nickname was "Snow" though, so maybe there's a possibility he was on something else and I just had no idea. And maybe the combination caused him to act that way. No clue, but the rest of us were nodding our asses off while he was acting strange.
Kind of sounds like amphetamine psychosis. Meth maybe? I used to goofball (h smoked and meth smoked), but the H usually took the edge off so I didn't get too tweaky

DeathIndustrial88

Bluelighter
Kind of sounds like amphetamine psychosis. Meth maybe? I used to goofball (h smoked and meth smoked), but the H usually took the edge off so I didn't get too tweaky

Not sure. As far as I know this guy wasn't really into stimulants, except maybe crack. And I know from my experience with meth and using heroin, that is tends to mellow me out. Perfect way to come down from the shit.

I find it hard to believe heroin made this guy act crazy like that. I had literally just drove 2 hours with the guy to go get some shit and he seemed fine the entire way there.

What made it even more unnerving was I was the only white guy there and they were all passing around a gun. lol

Yoshi394

Greenlighter
Not sure. As far as I know this guy wasn't really into stimulants, except maybe crack. And I know from my experience with meth and using heroin, that is tends to mellow me out. Perfect way to come down from the shit.

I find it hard to believe heroin made this guy act crazy like that. I had literally just drove 2 hours with the guy to go get some shit and he seemed fine the entire way there.

What made it even more unnerving was I was the only white guy there and they were all passing around a gun. lol
Haha damn. People are just crazy sometimes lol maybe mental illness

DeathIndustrial88

Bluelighter
Haha damn. People are just crazy sometimes lol maybe mental illness

I agree. haha I've never seen anyone react that way to any opiate. Dude seemed normal when sober but I dunno. I've read about how opiates were once used as psychiatric medicines and were incredibly effective for antidepression, anti-anxiety and anti-psychotic symptoms (which has rang true for me in my experience). So it seems strange to me anyone would have that kind of a reaction, but I guess its not totally out of the realm of possibility.

But people really do be crazy as well, so.. haah

Yoshi394

Greenlighter
I agree. haha I've never seen anyone react that way to any opiate. Dude seemed normal when sober but I dunno. I've read about how opiates were once used as psychiatric medicines and were incredibly effective for antidepression, anti-anxiety and anti-psychotic symptoms (which has rang true for me in my experience). So it seems strange to me anyone would have that kind of a reaction, but I guess its not totally out of the realm of possibility.

But people really do be crazy as well, so.. haah
Were they smoking weed? I've known some people who really freak out and get delusional when they smoke pot. It can cause psychosis or other mental illnesses to get worse. Especially high THC concentrates. I have a friend who dabs all day every day and she has totally changed as a person since dabbing non-stop. Totally emotional and delusional, and she never used to be. To the point I can't even talk to her anymore. She only uses weed and judges me for using hard drugs like meth or heroin but can't see that the dabs make her totally psycho... Known her since childhood and she is far from the person I knew as a kid. Could be one of those situations.

Last edited:

drewbocop

Bluelighter
May I ask what makes you say it's a "weird" drug?

Just curious about other people's experiences with buprenorphine as it really is a strange drug. If you have a tolerance, most of the time it's pretty crappy and then there are days where it's a pretty strong/nice drug and then days where it's strong but the effects don't feel pleasant. It's an odd opioid for sure.
Well, it was incredibly stimulating for me. It made me sweat like a pig around the clock with constant pit stains. I took it for about a year and a half I think. 8mg starting down to 1mg and then a terrible, horrible, no good, very bad LONG withdrawal adventure.

DeathIndustrial88

Bluelighter
Were they smoking weed? I've known some people who really freak out and get delusional when they smoke pot. It can cause psychosis or other mental illnesses to get worse. Especially high THC concentrates. I have a friend who dabs all day every day and she has totally changed as a person since dabbing non-stop. Totally emotional and delusional, and she never used to be. To the point I can't even talk to her anymore. She only uses weed and judges me for using hard drugs like meth or heroin but can't see that the dabs make her totally psycho... Known her since childhood and she is far from the person I knew as a kid. Could be one of those situations.

Nah we weren't smoking any weed. In fact I think I was the only pothead there. lol

All we did was simply snort some heroin. I felt pretty good and noddy, as did everyone else. It was just that one guy start rambling shit over and over and flailing his hands around. I'm almost beginning to wonder if maybe he had done a really big bump and was afraid of ODing maybe? So the constant talking & waving of his hands maybe was so that he could stop himself from totally nodding off? Not sure.

Good observation though! People forget just how trippy and weird THC can be some times.