• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Bupe Buprenorphine. Long journey that left me stuck with resistance (it hits but 2mg+ feel nothing. Can take more and more, nothing)

boomhs

Bluelighter
Hei, i suffer from depression major so extreme my doc got me on subutex (helps quit H cos is... opiate) to feel good. Oh and it felt. But i gained resistance. A weird one.

I take it afternoon, slowly snort 2mg. After that i can take more it doesn't hit. Which is weird there's subutex SEVENmg. So i do my 2, feel good, depression comes i have to resort to BAD things like alcohol (Ketamine treatment is comming to my country but not yet...), because subutex does nothing, taking a second 2mg is just a waste....

What causes this? Never seen this in opioids (dillies oxy) or Heroin... If there was a fix my life would change because after the few hours of Subu depression hits so hard i just want to die (only who had it knows) and subu does nothing have to go drink disgusting wine... ty

Just woke up very early horrible night very depressed had to snort some. Felt good. Somehow it started fading, and taking more doesn't recharge it. Eventually i'll know i'm wasting pills and go find peace in alcohol.

There has to be some reason and maybe a way for it to hit (not like no resistance) but like when you take it not going down wth

Have you considered attempting to double your initial dose?

Have you considered attempting to double your initial dose?
I am! 2x does nothing, never tried more because this hits my body that is frail atm, makes me have to sleep more hours.
It hits, i take the whole 2mg feeling it less and less. Then goes away fast.

I read about IV it and it doesn't do much.

Suposedly increase resistence: Take more to get high. This does nothing more and more.
I get the feel good once i take it. Goes away. Take more, doesn't return. Have to drink alcohol to take the pain away.
And there's a 7mg pill (i'm on 2). Would that hit me like bricks or just be like taking 3 lines of my 2mg...

This is called tolerance. Not to mention buprenorphine has a ceiling effect, where taking more does not equal a greater effect like what you would get from heroin or other full agonist opioids. Buprenorphine is a partial-opioid agonist. I suggest doing some research on this drug.

Your best bet to get the positive effects back from bupe is to LOWER your dose. You will have to suffer for a few days, but try going down to .5mg or 1mg a day. And then over time, try 2mg on a certain day and you may get the positive effects back.

I have been on bupe for over 5 years. It was a great drug for my major depression in the beginning too. I went from thinking about suicide several times a week to never thinking about it again. I have found that really nothing over 4mg is going to get you any more "high".

Also, if you truly do not want to suffer from major depression, I'd suggest cutting alcohol out of the picture altogether. I quit drinking 6 years ago and don't even crave it. Alcohol will make you more emotional and cause more emotional pain and anxiety in the long run. So if you truly want to tackle your depression, cutting alcohol out of the picture is a great step.

Bupe is very limited and it is a maintenance drug. As a partial agonist with a ceiling effect, taking more and more is not going to do anything at all, especially in terms of a 'high'. If you want to keep chasing a high all day long with bupe, you are going to be sorely disappointed as it is a drug that does not work that way. Actually, taking more of it is going to make you feel even more crappy. Try sticking to much lower doses than 2mg if you want the 'high' or positive effects to come back. Eventually you will become tolerant to the 2mg again and will have to reduce your tolerance once more. It takes discipline and patience to use bupe in this manner. If your depression is only cured by being able to get 'high' from your suboxone, then this drug is probably not the right medicine for you, because it does not work that way.

Last edited:
I thought i would post again here because I am having similar troubles with subs and even my own advice of lowering or skipping doses doesn't seem to help in my case.

After 5 years of being on bupe at various doses, I would have to say all of the positive effects i use to get it from it are pretty much gone. No matter what dose I take. This is incredibly unfortunate. I know that subs are not meant to 'get you high'.. but honestly, they did provide at least a semi-buzz to keep me from seeking out other drugs for the first year or two I was on them. This was good for 'cravings'. And in my opinion, I don't see how a medicine can help with cravings if it doesn't at least provide some sort of feeling reminiscent of heroin or other opioids.

I feel very stuck and lost at the moment. The only other option our draconian and scary country offers is methadone, which if you do not live ontop of a methadone clinic, then you can pretty much rule that one out. I would really love to become some sort of activist to get other opioids approved for opioid use disorder because the two we have in America are incredibly limited and it would only make sense that in order for this type of therapy to work, you would need to either switch up the opioids used once in awhile or refrain from using the 60+hour half life opioids. I wouldn't even know where to begin with doing something like that though. I don't think the rest of society takes opioids or opioid addiction as seriously as I do. The average person is not a heroin addict and therefore doesn't understand half of what I try to convey, nor do they have the passion about it that I do. Most people truly believe heroin is a deadly life wrecking drug (which is far from the truth, if you look into the facts). They assume that because you fuck with it, that you deserve whatever it is you get and that you should strive to be 'clean'. Places like Switzerland are on track, by giving out heroin to addicts legally. Nothing will ever solve heroin cravings except for well, heroin duh. It's sad that our country chooses to continue with it's 'drug war' instead of being progressive.

Anyone have any advice? Ideas? Words of encouragement? I have been a drug addict for most of my life. I really don't care to live up to societies moral standards of being 'clean'. Opiates have truly been miracle medicines for me. Yes they're euphoric and will get you high, but for me, they also relieve me of my darkest feelings and fears. They use to motivate me to take care of things and be a productive person. I can honestly say the only time I have truly felt at peace was in the midst of a good opiate-buzz. I've managed to cut out alcohol for the past 5 years and I try really hard to stay away from other things. But I don't think I can go my whole life without some kind of opiate daily and at this point, subs might as well be sugar pills because they feel nothing like opiates and no longer provide any of the antidepressant and inner peace that I once use to get. In fact, it has been a very long time since i have felt anything 'opioid-like' from my medicine, no matter what dose. It is almost like my mind/body has become completely immune to even any slight euphoric or mood lifting feeling I use to get from buprenorphine period. I have started turning to worse non-opioid drugs just to feel something different and make life interesting, which is not where I wanted to be. Perhaps an extended break might help? Although it is incredibly hard to go the whole day without at least taking something. I have no idea what to do anymore or how to get my magic back. Sticking to low doses doesn't seem to help anymore either. In fact, lower doses cause me to be incredibly drowsy about 2-3hrs after I dose, which can be incredibly inconvenient and annoying It's no where near the same feeling as genuine 'opiate sedation' or a nod. It's more like a feeling of "omg i haven't slept in 10 years, I need to lay down" type of feeling. No euphoria. No mood lift. No pain relief. Nothing. Just the shitty side effects of a strong opiate, but none of the good things.

Will we ever see change when it comes to drugs in America? I always prayed in my life time that we would. But i'm starting to feel much more doubtful. I know that a full agonist opiate would bring back my happiness. I thought we had a right to pursuit of happiness in this country?

Last edited: