• 🇬🇧󠁿 🇸🇪 🇿🇦 🇮🇪 🇬🇭 🇩🇪 🇪🇺
    European & African
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • EADD Moderators: axe battler | Pissed_and_messed

Buprenorphine - do people REALLY divert this stuff?

clubcard

Bluelighter
Hi,
After years of prescribed opioids (oxy), I have had the surgery and have been put onto a reduction that means I have to turn up 6 times a week which is frankly impossible. They simply will not offer me a weeks supply. With juice (methadone), I can imagine diversion but I have NEVER heard of buprenorphine being diverted. Has anyone heard of this? I was initially given 3 x 4mg tablets which caused serious side-effects (like not sleeping - not good for someone with epilepsy). Then they put me on 6mg which worked find until 1 day I couldn't make it to the pharmacist and was thrown off the program.
They pharmacy won't deliver or allow someone else to pick up for me so as I see it, this is excluding me because of my physical disabilities. Has anyone else ended up in this position? I actually turned down 20mg oxycodone [TID] to prove I was trying to stop but right now I am going to go back to the consultant. She prescribed oxy, my GP refused to script them! Amazing. I actually know that it doesn't matter if someone had an opioid problem in the past, if their is sufficient pain and disablement, the past doesn't matter.
It's just getting to me.

There is definitely diversion with buprenorphine, but I've never heard of anyone having to go in six times per week. It normally starts with weekly to bi-weekly prescriptions and then is worked up to monthly prescriptions, at least here in the US.

Are you able to provide some more context as to why they are requiring you to go in person six times per week?

Not sure what you mean by "diversion" , but out here nobody takes their subs. They are almost free as they are so worthless. We call it the desperation drug. Only when soooooo sick you will take a sub.

Since covid things changed, but there would be places where people would wave sub packets in the air for sale. So yeah...they are diverted since they are worthless to a true junkie (unless you are so sick you are willing to take a sub).

Isn't that the truth @TheInvisibleStoner ? I used to be prescribed 270 of the 8 mg Suboxone (3 month supply through Medco) and I literally would sit in withdrawals for days before I gave up all hope of finding any OxyContin (before I started doing heroin), and then I'd take the Suboxone and 10 minutes later I'd get the call the Oxy was in. Those were the worst times, the only thing I used per day was 1 mg to go to work all day of the 24 mg I was prescribed daily for years.

Hi,
After years of prescribed opioids (oxy), I have had the surgery and have been put onto a reduction that means I have to turn up 6 times a week which is frankly impossible. They simply will not offer me a weeks supply. With juice (methadone), I can imagine diversion but I have NEVER heard of buprenorphine being diverted. Has anyone heard of this? I was initially given 3 x 4mg tablets which caused serious side-effects (like not sleeping - not good for someone with epilepsy). Then they put me on 6mg which worked find until 1 day I couldn't make it to the pharmacist and was thrown off the program.
They pharmacy won't deliver or allow someone else to pick up for me so as I see it, this is excluding me because of my physical disabilities. Has anyone else ended up in this position? I actually turned down 20mg oxycodone [TID] to prove I was trying to stop but right now I am going to go back to the consultant. She prescribed oxy, my GP refused to script them! Amazing. I actually know that it doesn't matter if someone had an opioid problem in the past, if their is sufficient pain and disablement, the past doesn't matter.
It's just getting to me.
There is Subutex on the market here but its not a runner. I never understood what people get from bupe. Doesnt make you high unless zero tolerance ( at least thats what i heard) and in that case i'd prefer Tilidin cuz then the Naloxon mixed in doesnt touch me. Bupe gives no kick when iv.ed, has ceiling effekt,no high and supposed brutal Withdrawals.It is the only substitutìon opioid they give you for 2 weeks. Morphine and Methadone/Polamidon you get a week if working, daily pharmacy if not ( due to Covid EVERYTHING is one week now 🙂)I once traded 80mg injectable levo- methadone for 50 Temgesic tabs as a emergency supply. After nearly 30y they still lie around collecting dust. I know...kick me! Buprenorphine???
Not my stuff. Whoever had the glorious idea of adding Naloxone to a already nearly worthless drug should be immediately shot to the moon. It is a Bentley Compound, but Bentley and his Team came up with real faceslappers that had the whole Team floored. Wonder what he thought of it.

Last edited:
Isn't that the truth @TheInvisibleStoner ? I used to be prescribed 270 of the 8 mg Suboxone (3 month supply through Medco) and I literally would sit in withdrawals for days before I gave up all hope of finding any OxyContin (before I started doing heroin), and then I'd take the Suboxone and 10 minutes later I'd get the call the Oxy was in. Those were the worst times, the only thing I used per day was 1 mg to go to work all day of the 24 mg I was prescribed daily for years.
If i may ask..did you just stop rattling or did you get a bit of opie warmth out of it?
If you wouldve taken lets say 20mg as opposed to 1mg, would you feel the difference? I only ever shot 1 ampoule Temgesic after coming back from A'dam.
Traded against 5mg methadone tabs. Immediate withdrawal. Fuck that little weasel who talked me into the trade ( bupe was brandnew then and hardly anyone knew much about it at the time. Thatguy did though. A real cunt he was).

In my opinion, buprenorphine was the most useless opioid ever in doses over 4 mg. You get an insanely high tolerance and physical dependence for a partial agonist opioid you can’t subjectively feel. The most euphoric buprenorphine doses are 1 to 2 mg, sublingual. Methadone is the better choice, I believe.

Most used opiate/oid of Finland. An 8mg can cost more than 80€. Personally prefer heroin and oxy but the cost value of bupre is way way better

After 200mg of oxy Im still like "when is this shit hitting me?", but just after 1mg of bupre Im content. People here call it medicine.

Bupe is gods own gifts to junkies. You can use it to withdraw from most opiates .. and as it doesn't actually overlap with opiates in terms of physical addiction .. if you stop the bupe in two weeks before you habituate to it you go from major addiction to opiate naive with almost no withdrawal. I always have some around that I've acquired illicitly for that purpose. Obviously .. if you've previously been habituated to bupe you may not be able to get away with no bupe withdrawal.

And it's the only way I know of to get off a proper a grade fentanyl withdrawal at home. They're potentially fatal due to dehydration - your mind is so gone you can't do complex tasks like drink water .. but you constantly expell water violently from both ends. With bupe you can eat a load of bupe after a final dose of fent and after 2 hours of violently expelling everything in your body just be pretty sick. N.B. the precipitated WD for fent is no worse than fent WD at 24 hours .. pain saturates so you shouldn't wait to do the bupe - even if you do .. you won't be able to anyway.

I would never use it for it's narcotic properties .. I find picking my nose to be more satisfying. Might actually be quite a good painkiller tho .. cos of the mild opiate and ketamine like action. Masses of opiates + k is the intensive care painkiller classic.

if you stop the bupe in two weeks before you habituate to it you go from major addiction to opiate naive with almost no withdrawal

It unfortunately does not work that way.

You will likely have a physical dependence and tolerance very similar to the opioid you transitioned from, if not higher, especially considering cross tolerance, and if you’re using doses higher than 8 mg of buprenorphine daily.

i used to buy people's bupe scripts so i had backup if i couldn't score. then would avoid taking it cos i wanted to actually feel the dark when i did.

regretted it sorely, got arrested for possession of bupe, and after that whenever i scored i'd keep the shots in my hand so i could dump them if i got stopped by the police and lost them so many fucking times as a result.

i used to buy people's bupe scripts so i had backup if i couldn't score. then would avoid taking it cos i wanted to actually feel the dark when i did.

regretted it sorely, got arrested for possession of bupe, and after that whenever i scored i'd keep the shots in my hand so i could dump them if i got stopped by the police and lost them so many fucking times as a result.

Didn't the bits go straight into your mouth after scoring? I hated doing that - especially when you knew where the dealer had them stashed not long before... :sick:

hahaha no cos i wanted it to be super easy to get rid (and it was! just too easy!!) and i figured i'd probably have fucked up spitting them out.

Bupe is gods own gifts to junkies. You can use it to withdraw from most opiates .. and as it doesn't actually overlap with opiates in terms of physical addiction .. if you stop the bupe in two weeks before you habituate to it you go from major addiction to opiate naive with almost no withdrawal. I always have some around that I've acquired illicitly for that purpose. Obviously .. if you've previously been habituated to bupe you may not be able to get away with no bupe withdrawal.

And it's the only way I know of to get off a proper a grade fentanyl withdrawal at home. They're potentially fatal due to dehydration - your mind is so gone you can't do complex tasks like drink water .. but you constantly expell water violently from both ends. With bupe you can eat a load of bupe after a final dose of fent and after 2 hours of violently expelling everything in your body just be pretty sick. N.B. the precipitated WD for fent is no worse than fent WD at 24 hours .. pain saturates so you shouldn't wait to do the bupe - even if you do .. you won't be able to anyway.

I would never use it for it's narcotic properties .. I find picking my nose to be more satisfying. Might actually be quite a good painkiller tho .. cos of the mild opiate and ketamine like action. Masses of opiates + k is the intensive care painkiller classic.

I agree with most of your post. Bupe is certainly a great drug to use for withdrawal. Kinda a miracle you can keep something in a packet in a drawer for over a year that may just save your life. Opiate withdrawal can certainly be fatal. And indeed its narcotic properties are pretty worthless.

I think it depends on the habit. Like if a 30 year old that never had a habit aside the last 3 months of pain pills, yes perhaps a 2 week bupe taper could get them off out any pain. And perhaps I am misinterpreting the way you use major addiction. When kicking, you are kicking the whole habit. I consider a major addiction 1 year of heroin, 2 years of methadone, 1 year of heroin, 1 year of methadone. Pretty bad 5 year habit this guy has here :) There is no way 2 weeks of bupe could do much for this guy. He is going to withdrawal hard either way (but yes, again bupe may actually need to be used due to possible death in cold turkey withdrawals).

Last edited:
Supposedly best Way to get max outta so little. I just dont have enough experience with iit.I heard you can have severe withdrawal on only 1 Subutex while others said you can easily stop. I dunno
Please what is " Fouble ba "???

Supposedly best Way to get max outta so little. I just dont have enough experience with iit.I heard you can have severe withdrawal on only 1 Subutex while others said you can easily stop. I dunno
Please what is " Fouble ba "???
Think he meant double bioavailability