• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Bupe Buprenorphine as a recreational drug?

Someone said that naloxone has no effect at low doses so if you injected a small amount of the suboxone pill you could get high (as long as you had a low tolerance). Is this not true?

0,2 mg of naloxone I.V. is enough to throw you to withdrawals and it's enough to make the experience nasty. :\

Semen_Donor said:
Someone said that naloxone has no effect at low doses so if you injected a small amount of the suboxone pill you could get high (as long as you had a low tolerance). Is this not true?

shooting suboxone is not something I reccomend, but it can be done. it can be done in low doses, not more than 4-5 mgs. it can be done because the nalaxone doesn't kick in with that low of doses. still, the high is not worth it and you still can get some mean headaches.

Damn, I probably only took a couple Mg's of it, but it fucked me up nicely. I puked the whole day though. I would say it has great recreational potential if you have no tolerance. But... You gotta get a tolerance otherwise you will puke your balls off.

dexingpotsmoker said:
Damn, I probably only took a couple Mg's of it, but it fucked me up nicely. I puked the whole day though. I would say it has great recreational potential if you have no tolerance. But... You gotta get a tolerance otherwise you will puke your balls off.

Any opioid will often cause someone who has never used to feel intense nausea. The first time I used codeine I was violently ill. One effective drug I would recommend the next time you use Buprenorphine that is used for this type of nausea is Prochlorperazine. Another drug I would recommend that is routinely prescribed alongside opiates is Promethazine (a phenothiazine). OTC antihistamines are effective, Dramamine being one that is widely available. In the UK you can get these Scopolmine patches that deliver the drug transdermally. This is useful as it doesn't matter if you vomit (you won't lose the pill). There are also some suppositories that are useful.

Last edited:
a simple answer to the puking is simply taking less.. but I must say that I have seen some very severe extended bouts of puking with buprenorphine compared to other opiates.. a quick puke from a tough shot of H has nothing on a 2 day on cycle of praying to the porcelain god.. we can't stress enough to these people that you need to start very small!!!.. bupe naive people think that b/c its one simple pill that they can break it into quarters and be fine taking that.. but if your naive to buprenorphine these people learn very very quickly... unfortunately it usually isn't a fun learning experience..

With a slight opiate tolerance I found 2mg rectally to be at least 2x as potent as sublingually. It's a nice, energetically buzzed high.

I have experimented with tylenol+codeine, vicodin/hydrocodone, percocets/oxycodone, and lastly, suboxone.

I tried the suboxone 3 times total, and it was actually when I was locked-up on a psych-ward in this hospital. A guy I knew there was taking suboxone for maintenance, and he gave me one here and there, 3 total over the course of 1 year (I had several visits - he also happened to be there each time).

all of my codeine/hydrocodone/oxycodone experiments were mild in comparison to suboxone, since they all had acetaminophen/aspirin, and I never took more than 2-3 at one time for fear of hepatoxicity. The suboxone I took was an orange hexagon I believe, and I was instructed to dissolve it sublingually.

The high was definitely felt good, but, ironically, it always made me very sick at the same time. I turned all pale, threw-up a lot, and had a cold forehead with sweat pouring down. The nurses asked me what was wrong and I just lied and said I had a stomach ache :\ Once I took it with an ativan (lorazepam) and that was just too much. Honestly, I don't see the big deal, 'cause the high never lasted more than 2 hours, and after that I was slowly back to my irritable, pissed-off self 8) Opiates are okay, but not my drug of choice since they generally don't seem to do well bye me...

C / H said:
I have experimented with tylenol+codeine, vicodin/hydrocodone, percocets/oxycodone, and lastly, suboxone.

I tried the suboxone 3 times total, and it was actually when I was locked-up on a psych-ward in this hospital. A guy I knew there was taking suboxone for maintenance, and he gave me one here and there, 3 total over the course of 1 year (I had several visits - he also happened to be there each time).

all of my codeine/hydrocodone/oxycodone experiments were mild in comparison to suboxone, since they all had acetaminophen/aspirin, and I never took more than 2-3 at one time for fear of hepatoxicity. The suboxone I took was an orange hexagon I believe, and I was instructed to dissolve it sublingually.

The high was definitely felt good, but, ironically, it always made me very sick at the same time. I turned all pale, threw-up a lot, and had a cold forehead with sweat pouring down. The nurses asked me what was wrong and I just lied and said I had a stomach ache :\ Once I took it with an ativan (lorazepam) and that was just too much. Honestly, I don't see the big deal, 'cause the high never lasted more than 2 hours, and after that I was slowly back to my irritable, pissed-off self 8) Opiates are okay, but not my drug of choice since they generally don't seem to do well bye me...

The nausea usually goes away with repeated use.

Brasterford said:
The nausea usually goes away with repeated use.
Are you encouraging for repeated use? Repeated recreational use? This topic's about recreational use of buprenorphine and I wouldn't recommend (continuous) repeated recreational use of any substance. After all this is a risk-reducing forum. :\ We shouldn't encourage people for addiction. "Hey, at least you won't get the nausea anymore!" :p

Buprenorphine just... I dunno. I don't really have the time to be puking for a whole day straight. Maybe I'll give it another shot sometime.

Survival0200 said:
Are you encouraging for repeated use? Repeated recreational use? This topic's about recreational use of buprenorphine and I wouldn't recommend (continuous) repeated recreational use of any substance. After all this is a risk-reducing forum. :\ We shouldn't encourage people for addiction. "Hey, at least you won't get the nausea anymore!" :p

LOL I didn't mean he should use it habitually or on a regular basis. I just meant that after your first few times the nausea usually seems to go away in most people :).

Addiction is not a bad as many people think, but I agree it's not something you want to end up having.

Addiction is not a bad as many people think, but I agree it's not something you want to end up having.

addiction is worse than people think!!.. i guess i just can't agree with it being "not as bad as people think".. when you've watch a family member,friend etc.. lose everything they have.. I think you'd change that answer.. its fucking horrible!

Last edited:
Many people experience extreme nausea/vomitting from Bupe because they take WAY too much...
->If you have no tolerance/very low tolerance to Opioids, you shouldn't take more than 0,5mg of Bupe!
The 8mg pills are for Heroin/Opiate addicts only... (people with a huge tolerance)

overdosing Buprenorphine is only make you feel sick instead of enjoy the kick, i totally agree with jason.

1 more thing to add is the adding of domicum to subutex and IV it, pls dont try that although you can get the same high comparable heroin but i have really seen alot of ppl have to cut the limps off due to the vein been damage while IV it (Real life story and you can actually read about it online, alot of SEA country ppl IV that and end up become disable as they have to some the theirs limps 2 of it is mine friend) :(

jasoncrest said:
Many people experience extreme nausea/vomitting from Bupe because they take WAY too much...
->If you have no tolerance/very low tolerance to Opioids, you shouldn't take more than 0,5mg of Bupe!
The 8mg pills are for Heroin/Opiate addicts only... (people with a huge tolerance)

BumpyJohnson said:
addiction is worse than people think!!.. i guess i just can't agree with it being "not as bad as people think".. when you've watch a family member,friend etc.. lose everything they have.. I think you'd change that answer.. its fucking horrible!

I should have made myself more clear. Opiate addiction is almost unbearable without methadone/buprenorphine. I have been on and off opiates many time (am currently physically dependent) and I believe that detoxing really isn't that bad, but if I didn't have any help I would probably end up killing myself.

Bupe does give me a pretty good feeling, somewhat reminiscent of an opiate but lasts longer and more of an longer lasting slightly milder opiate feeling. But it still is very noticeable and personally it makes me happy.

I have not felt any real nausea or things like that, maybe nausea comes because its made for people with high opiate tolerance?

Im not necessarily using it recreationally though, just got prescribed 30 8mg pills today, this is my first real attempt to stop using opiates 8( gotta stab this goddamn monkey on my back in the face before i goto college.

bZoP said:
with no tolerance even 1 mg can be too much for a person. Ive seen many people puke for 2 days straight from 2mg only. On the other hand im on 6mg right now and its the shit lol.

I gave a friend of mine a 2mg suboxone today at work and he said he takes pain killers fairly often.......45 min after he took it he looked at me and said this is fucking amazing. and 30 min after that he was in the bathroom puking his guts out. he had to leave work early. Bupe is very potent stuff.

alot of people dont know about this, but, the original formulation of bup which has been around in the us since 1981...and still is...is an injectible formulation called Buprenex...this, iis the best, most efficient way to take it...even IM is good enough..
it got me off opiates pretty much overnight with zero withdrawel and i have never taken opiates again.
i take the Buprenex everyday still and its the best..
but this version(Buprenex) is not approved for opiate addiction ...it is only approved for pain.....so you dont need a special dr. and all of the red tape involved with the whole suboxone situation.
i get it prescribed for pain just like any other sch3 drug...my insurance even covers it...
if you can work it through this route, it is a very good way to go...
everybody approaches it through the drug treatment/subutex path...
there is a whole different, and better way to go about it
http://www.rxlist.com/cgi/generic2/buprenorphine.htm