• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Bupe Buprenorphine as a recreational drug?

OHHHHHH YES it can be used recreationally!!! if you have a opiate tolerance you won't feel it probably!! I was clean off heroin for 6 months and i took a whole 8 mg suboxone and was sooooo high!!! I got kicked out of my halfway house i was nodding and throwing up soooo bad!!! I forgot how potent it can be cuz i always only took them to kick dope with so i never felt the high until i was clean and sober and i was high off that sub for 2 days!! on the 3rd day i had to go to court cuz i was court ordered and they thought i was on benzos n shit but it was still the effects of the sub its strong shit tread with caution if ur inexperienced u can always do more!!! oh yea i ended up doing 10 days in county for that bullshit!!!

thats a tough one, if IV was not a viable ROA (no set, against shooting, etc..) id say hydromorphone 8mg sucks! (however, that rush is freaking amazing, i jus wish it lasted longer...) forget about eating it, very low BA, sniffing it, a person w a low tolerance may get some euphoria, a full fledged dope fiend might jus get off E, feel it kinda just coat your stomach and relive WD symptoms for a couple hours, *enter dilaudids 50x stronger cousin Opana!* id say my favorite FULL agonists (cuz i am on Subutex which is a PARTIAL agonist) i try not to stray too far off my sub habit, but when i do my faves are these .. 1- Oxymorphone
2-fentanyl, 3- Oxycodone in large doses.. the old school OC80s were greeaaatt. IMO, at this moment, oxymorphone is the best bang for your buck if your getting these from a source other than YOUR OWN prescription. they are pricey, I'm pretty sure i can't post prices, but you know what your getting, id take 3 40mg Opanas over a high quality bundle (10 little wax folds of heroin) of good H. granted my ROA is almost ALWAYS intranasal.. so my list is quite arbitrary to a person who prefers to IV their D.O.C.. stay safe, P.s- dont underestimate the power of potentiation w tagamet, diphenhydramine (benadryl), and other over the counter non narcotic supplements commonly found in your drug store OTC.. not to mention narcotics like benzos.. a 2mg klonopin, a fat blunt of purple urkle, and 40mg of oxymorphone might be my favorite combo.. wish i could add some adderall on top of it to get that horjny superman complex going on too ! haha gnite folks, gonna go eat ice cream and nod off into Opioidatopia! ohh and smoke my dank dank herb..

I've never been able to get high off of IV dilaudid, though the most I tried was injecting 16mg, and nothing, barely even got me well. If you have any type of heroin habit you have to do a good amount of dilaudid to get off properly. IV oxymorphone on the other hand is a totally different story, I'd take that over smack any day. That's the best opiate I've ever had the pleasure of shooting, I wish Diconal was still around as I heard that was better than heroin too.

I've been getting increasingly more and more dissatisfied with buprenorphine. I can't tell if its making my depression worse, or if my depression just got worse but basically I feel like I can't function half the time I'm so miserable. I wish I found buprenorphine super recreational. Really thinking about doing kratom instead, like I need to be able to feel good, I don't care if it's chemically induced or not, I'm more used to that type of happiness anyway.

There's definitely a recreational aspect to bupe IMO. Not the sky-high euphoria of heroin or other strong opiates, but definitely "good feels" and a relaxed, sedated feeling yet oddly stimulating at the same time. Reminds me of why I like oxycodone so much, actually. It lasts FOREVER, too. Ideally I'd be interested in getting a suboxone prescription as I'm confident that I could finally move away from the heroin scene before embarking on tapering down from bupe (although suboxone is cheap as fuck on the street level). I know other hardened junkie needle fiends who also get some amount of enjoyment out of buprenorphine, as well, although if given the choice they'll always choose heroin of course...most seem to use suboxone as "junkie insurance"

Buprenorphine has a strange kind of anti-depressant effect that I enjoy, too. Heroin makes me feel great but...mentally it increasingly just numbs me to the entire world

see, that's my problem with buprenorphine, is that it does, at low dosages produce some typical opiate effects, though full blown euphoria is certainly not one of them for me, but yeah, I can get a mood lift and some stimulation, but it's really shallow feeling compared to full agonists in my opinion, like it's lacking a soul. I don't know, I think I'm just going through a difficult time right now and wanting the subs to do something that they just can't, which is make me feel good and motivated about life.

Well everyone is different, what works for one person may not work for another...

For what it's worth I actually like kratom quite a bit, as well. The thing about kratom though is that I can easily just use heroin on top of it...with subs I kind of like the idea that I wouldn't even get anything out of heroin even if I were to use it, so why even bother...with enough time passed I think it'd be easier and easier to say no when someone offered me a shot or something, but it gets to be too tempting if I've used in the very recent past.

Someone actually offered me a needle full of dope recently and I told them that I'd taken a sub earlier in the day, and they said "oh ok, I'll take this back then, it'd be wasted on you" and I said "yeah, probably". And I was completely OK with that, because I felt good enough without the shot. It was actually a pretty nice moment IMO. Ultimately I'd like to stop IV drug use.

Yeah, I sometimes wonder if I'm doing myself a disservice by taking only 2mg of suboxone a day. Thing is, I tried 8mg, and it got to the point where I felt like I might as well not even take the suboxone because I couldn't discern any difference in mind state or mood after I dosed. At the same time I would feel overly medicated (but without the benefits that usually come with that). Basically, I felt like it helped with my cravings even less because it felt like I was taking a sugar pill, at 1mg 2xday, I at least feel a little relaxed for a while, but I know from past experiences that 2mg is not a blocking dose at all, if your DOC is IV heroin.

Eazy, try starting your own thread and describing in detail your situation (supplies on hand, previous habit's substance, duration and amount per day intake).

Let us know your overall goal on what you're trying to accomplish in the new thread, too. Basically give us as much info as possible, since the more we know the better we can help you.

The most important thing is to start a new thread of your own.

You'll find the BL community is happy to help with friendly, non-judgmental and (usually) experienced advise.

Good luck. PM me if you need more info.

Yeah, like Phil.mckeer just said, we need more specifics. Are you inducting yourself for the purpose of detoxing? Or did you get the subs to use recreationally? What's your tolerance like to other opiates (the more specific the better, a lot of people will say 'oh I have a high tolerance, and then later we find out that their idea of a high tolerance is taking 40mg of hydrocodone to get high, so if you can describe the dose of your doc by weight, mg, mcg etc...). the Suboxone/Buprenorphine Megathread and FAQ is a good resource as well?

The thing they dont tell you about suboxone if prescribing it to someone in a detox situation or someone who is ready to kick there addiction to opiods but find withdrawls far to intense to suffer thru.

Is that suboxone need only be taken for less then the duration of typical withdrawl symtoms would persist. 7-10 days at 8-16mg a day is sufficient to achieve this with virtually no withdrawls.
Its ratger pointless to continue use even if its to deter use of otger opiods.

I for one think your better off using occasionally, to frequently rather then using daily for no reason. Suboxone need only to.serve as a defense against opiod withdrawl rather then a replacement. replacement opiods offten lead to far worse addictions then the one you are attached to. Maintenace is to restricting and requires breech of privacy It tends to limit many.choices you have in everyday life. Methadone maintenace prevented me from working out of town it prevented me from working any temp jobs aswell or traveling as i needed period. i left town for 3 days and used an alternative only to have my script discontinued. O Ya

The thing they dont tell you about suboxone if prescribing it to someone in a detox situation or someone who is ready to kick there addiction to opiods but find withdrawls far to intense to suffer thru.

Is that suboxone need only be taken for less then the duration of typical withdrawl symtoms would persist. 7-10 days at 8-16mg a day is sufficient to achieve this with virtually no withdrawls.
Its ratger pointless to continue use even if its to deter use of otger opiods.

I for one think your better off using occasionally, to frequently rather then using daily for no reason. Suboxone need only to.serve as a defense against opiod withdrawl rather then a replacement. replacement opiods offten lead to far worse addictions then the one you are attached to. Maintenace is to restricting and requires breech of privacy It tends to limit many.choices you have in everyday life. Methadone maintenace prevented me from working out of town it prevented me from working any temp jobs aswell or traveling as i needed period. i left town for 3 days and used an alternative only to have my script discontinued. O Ya

Its too bad not everyone has that kind of mentality.. where they could just do a quick taper with subs, for 7-10 days, and stop for good.. See, I tried this.. failed numerous times I attempted to get off opiates and subs, and just have pretty much been jumping from opioids/opiates to subs, over and over again over the past 5 years or so.. I have never felt like I really wanted to stop taking either one of them for ever! I have done so many opiates, including IV heroin for years, and IV any other full agonist similar to H, like dilaudid, oxy, opana, morphine, etc.. and then IV subutex, as being an IV addict and trying every other possible ROA with subs, just kept ending up in me going back to dope... so I tried IV(stupid idea, I know!) subutex, and couldn't stop.. I actually began to enjoy it! especially in conjunction with my klonopin script I take everyday as well as Adderall, and weed!

Currently, I am solely addicted to my 3 prescription meds, I listed in the above paragraph, mainly subutex and klonopin, seeing as they have physical and mental WDs so bad, they make me wish I was dead if I ever do happen to run out of them too early or something.. its terrible when that happens. And I know, IVing pills, any pills, is not a good habit.. but I got to say, I would much rather be hooked on kpins, and subs even if I do slam them, than full agonists, primarily heroin.. At least I can feel safe on the subs.. with dope these days, I am nervous to fuck with it.. In my area alone, on average 2 people are dying everyday from fentanyl laced H!!! its crazy. So, IMO I would much rather be the IV bupe addict I am now, smoke the occasional doobie of some herb, take my adderalls and kpins, and just deal with the fact that its either that... or replacing the IV bupe addiction with IV dope addiction, on top of Adderall and klonopin! Even if I was able to make myself only use dope occasionally, I am still safer with bupe daily than dope/pharm opioids every now and then, actually only using occasionally could be BAD, as your tolerance could drop a ton to the opiates you used to take high doses of, then you don't use any for 2-4 weeks, have hardly any tolerance and do your opioid of choice, in your normal amount dosage.. a lot of people die that way.

And, yes.. I do find bupe recreational when either plugged or IVd. Plug it though, don't IV to anyone wondering.. its just as addicting as the next drug is IV( and I wish I kept plugging it now).. with my kpins, and some weed... it can be down right incredible feeling! throw in a couple good anti-histamines too, and I am nodding off all day/night! Sleepinal is the best IMO, or promethazine too(not too much!), when combining anti-histamines with bupe. in a nutshell, bupe + THC + anti-histamine of choice (and a benzo.. only if you take them regularly like me! don't start if you do not!) = :|

18yraddict said:

It's not really that simple. Certainly, you're better off using buprenorphine to taper off strong short-acting opioids, certainly, maintenance treatment is often restrictive, but ask yourself if addiction to opioids isn't. Would you be able to hold on to any job requiring 3 or more hits of heroin a day? Would you be able to hold on to any job even after you quit heroin and completed the taper if all the problems that initially prompted you to use opioids haunted you now that you're off opioids and are like 100 times more sensitive to any kind of pain especially emotional one? For this reason maintenance on a much longer-acting, weakly to non-euphoric opioid can be benefiting in many ways. Also, in my experience maintenance on methadone and buprenorphine are two different things, when I took methadone for 2 years, I was spiralling down the same hell just as I was before on morphine and heroin with no chance to take a sober look at the problems that caused all this for me, it was only happening more slowly, with fear and anger not tearing me apart in concentrated flashes but rather in steady, barely perceivable waves. When I finally managed to quit methadone, it turned out that I can't get better not only mentally, but also physically and after considering pros and cons, I decided to accept my doctor's proposition to start buprenorphine maintenance. I live in Europe and maintenance programs in my country are handled in a completely different way than in the US for instance with psychiatrists not benefiting in any way from the number of patients they have in the program, so I wasn't lured into it, I wasn't lied to about buprenorphine, I wasn't put on a super-high dose of it, I can't say I knew everything about it, but had all the necessary information at that time to make a conscious decision to jump on it for a 1.5-2-year period. Later during that time I managed to start studying again and get a job where I do what I love the most. I managed to free myself from depending financially on my mum, I'm glad I can now actually help her in return. Emotionally, I'm far from feeling fulfilled, I'm lonely and my life feels empty, depression set in again if it has ever been gone at all. I've been on buprenorphine for over 4 years now, much longer than I initially intended to, but I never realized how long the process of getting my life back would take, I simply haven't been ready to quit buprenorphine. It's not that I still feel cravings for heroin and fear relapse, I don't even know where I would have to go looking for it, all I have left associated with it is pain and ruined life, it's just that addiction alone is one problem, and the reason you run into it are all the other problems that fade somewhere for a moment when opioids initially bring relief, and overcoming them is a separate process from kicking the habit.

So all in all, still not knowing the possible consequences of long-term buprenorphine maintenance, not being fully aware how hard it's going to be quitting it after 4 or more years on it, I would have made the same decision when I was torn apart after heroin and methadone, without buprenorphine I would most probably not be where I am right now and would not have a chance to hope for the better and strength to still fight. With that being said in my experience maintenance treatment does have strong foundations to still be used as a form of recovering from opioid addiction itself, at the same time I do agree that it should be used much more responsibly, especially when I read about the system of dispensing buprenorphine in the US which, with all the money involved for the pharmaceutical concerns and the psychiatrists prescribing it, just can't be for the good of the patients. Much more research is needed with respect to side effects from long-term treatment, proper ways of tapering off, and possibly newer maintenance drugs as there is still much room for improvement over buprenorphine.

If maintenance treatment limits you, it's not necessarily due to the effects of the drug, but rather because of the way your program is organized. I collect my pills every two weeks and I could easily extend this period up to 2 months when I needed to go abroad to work without trying to transfer to a program in the country I temporarily moved to. Sadly, I'm aware that it's not how things are in most places.

Last edited:
Hey, so I need a little advice/tip.
I have 8 mg sublingual pills of buprenorphine (generic Subutex), and plan to use it recreationally. I am not opio dependant but did oxy twice in two days - 20 mg IV (pure IV ampules) day before yesterday, and 40 mg orally SR oxy yesterday, around 24-26 hrs ago. I used to do heroin and other opiates, but it was over a year ago and only couple of times.
I was planning to take intranasally 0.5 mg of the buprenorphine to feel some recreational value off it, but I'm not totally convinced - it's already 8 PM here, and bupe high is supposedly last well over 20 hrs, I will waste most of the high. I also still have some SR oxy. What would you do in my place? Bupe or oxy?

Wait a minimum of 24hrs after taking your last dose of oxycodone before using buprenorphine. Honestly I'd try taking 0.25mg before 0.5mg. Give it a good hour or two to kick in, and if you need more just do another 0.25mg. Buprenorphine is crazy potent, so it's good you aren't opioid naive, but considering your low tolerance it's best to start low and work your way up.

Beware, it will take up to a week for you to be able to enjoy normal doses of oral or intranasal oxycodone (and you'll probably have to use more IV as well). So hold off on the buprenorphine if you want to use oxycodone in the upcoming days.

I'm on 24mg a day for Morphine addiction and I don't really see how anyone can get "high" from it.

When one is opioid tolerant it takes a bit of effort to enjoy the effects, but without an opioid tolerance it's a super strong meditation.

Beware, it will take up to a week for you to be able to enjoy normal doses of oral or intranasal oxycodone (and you'll probably have to use more IV as well). So hold off on the buprenorphine if you want to use oxycodone in the upcoming days.

That's what I did. I loaded myself with 30 mg oxy and then after 3 hours another 30. I can't get the SR to IR properly on those damn german SR oxy's (beta pharm, big damn orange pills with part in the middle). Even with pestle and mortar there are left little beads of I guess is oxy made up with binder/filler/SR substance. Dissolving in water/alcohol didn't work out either, I ended up nodding my ass of at 4 AM until 7 AM. I actually love that state when I'm not fully asleep and somewhat aware of my surroundings, nodding in the 'lake of pleasure' but also getting up after that, not being tired or anything...

I'm on 24mg a day for Morphine addiction and I don't really see how anyone can get "high" from it.

You have a habit, dependence. Clearly you won't be able to get as much (or any actually) recreational potential from buprenorphine, than a person who is not neck deep in opiate habit.