• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Bupe Buprenorphine as a recreational drug?

Pretty sure the thread was about "recreational use"....i didn't say suboxone is worthless, I said iv'ing suboxone is worthless,

Also, I see people write "SWIM" at least 8x a day

Also , I stated it was my own fault, have had clean time, and chose to throw it away 17+ times....its all the same. They're all maintenance drugs. Weather you prefer methadone, suboxone, or fuckin vivitrol, your still putting something in your body as an extra security blanket...if that's what helps you stay clean, then that's awesome...the only way I personally can stay sober is abstaining from anything and everything. Narcotic or not.

re the thread was about "recreational use"....i didn't say suboxone is worthless, I said iv'ing suboxone is worthless,

Also, I see people write "SWIM" at least 8x a day

Also , I stated it was my own fault, have had clean time, and chose to throw it away 17+ times....its all the same. They're all maintenance drugs. Weather you prefer methadone, suboxone, or fuckin vivitrol, your still putting something in your body as an extra security blanket...if that's what helps you stay clean, then that's awesome...the only way I personally can stay sober is abstaining from anything and everything. Narcotic or not.[/QUOTE]

I would like to quote you before I begin:

But in closing, rec. Use of buprenorphine its pretty much worthless unless you DO NOT have any tolerance to opiates..if you do not do smack or pain pills, then you will get ROCKED. I've seen non users take a half of a qt and puke

Now, you may see SWIM typed* at least 8x a day on other sites, but here at Bluelight we dont use the terms swim, cat, mouse, etc. Its in the rules sir or mam. Im not trying to be a dick, that's just how it is on this site.

I completely agree with your last statement about all those above named drugs, being pure maintenance drugs, and they are that extra security blanket. But I right now where I am at in life feel that being on suboxone maintenance, is my best bet because unfortunately if it wasn't for my suboxone I would be right in the same spot as I was all those other runs I had with my DOC (heroin) IV ROA. Which is very unhealthy and crazy literally, when I get on dope if I dont end up in jail, I would end up dead. I just did a year in county, was clean for a few months. ..
And then Bammmm!!!! I started having cravings and urges, and its not hard to get served up out here. So I eventually cracked like a weak pussy lol, and went and got high :) And the shit started getting out of hand, and this time I realized before it was too late and I was back in orange, and behind bars, or even worse Dead ...

Well, I got on a suboxone program, and got a legit script for the first time in my life. And have been clean from my DOC for about 3months now. I am prescribed 12mgs a day but like I stated before I only take 4-5mgs daily. I still catch a small buzz and glow. Because I dose twice daily at 2mgs usually, also I use the alcohol method everytime sublingually. Works great. I plan om starting to try to taper down very soon.
I want to get to .5-1mg doasges daily then lower into the mcgs. Dose range.
Either way my overall quality of life has significantly improved. Im doing a lot better, I hope the best for all yall.

Take care
Be safe.

The difference between buprenorphine and methadone is like Heaven and Earth. They may be both maintenance drugs, but buprenorphine is completely different from methadone which will always be much closer to taking heroin even though they substantially differ in effects. One may use Suboxone in a similar manner as naltrexone as a blocker but honestly speaking if you haven't grown up to quit, you'll be tormented by cravings anyway even though it's a partial mu agonist. You could say it substitutes for heroin but not fully, in my opinion buprenorphine hardly provides much physical relief although the side effects are still there, while with methadone it's always possible to substitute for heroin, some may not like its effects but I can't imagine physically cravings on methadone if the dose is adjusted.

I was ready to quit opioids for good over 2 years ago when I decided to quit methadone, I went through horrible withdrawal lasting 2 months and I only once thought about ending my misery with a dose of methadone but I ended up pouring all my syrup into the loo, then I never thought about using it once even though the withdrawal was much worse than plain heroin withdrawal. However, I was completely unable to function normally even though the time was passing and unfortunately I had some duties so I couldn't simply stay at home for as long as I needed to fully recover. I was prescribed tramadol but it didn't help at all and with codeine I would have to take 3 doses a day only to feel normal, so when I was offered Suboxone, I agreed. I've never regretted my decision as it also later let me quit clonazepam for good and although I do have some cravings randomly coming back, those are not really cravings for morphine or heroin per se but they're just moments when I feel tired of the way the world is. Although I definitely don't feel like an average person living on Earth as I often experience extreme mood swings throughout a day and dissociation randomly appearing and disappearing, I can have a life like an average person does. On methadone it was virtually impossible.

The difference between buprenorphine and methadone is like Heaven and Earth. They may be both maintenance drugs, but buprenorphine is completely different from methadone which will always be much closer to taking heroin even though they substantially differ in effects. One may use Suboxone in a similar manner as naltrexone as a blocker but honestly speaking if you haven't grown up to quit, you'll be tormented by cravings anyway even though it's a partial mu agonist. You could say it substitutes for heroin but not fully, in my opinion buprenorphine hardly provides much physical relief although the side effects are still there, while with methadone it's always possible to substitute for heroin, some may not like its effects but I can't imagine physically cravings on methadone if the dose is adjusted.

I was ready to quit opioids for good over 2 years ago when I decided to quit methadone, I went through horrible withdrawal lasting 2 months and I only once thought about ending my misery with a dose of methadone but I ended up pouring all my syrup into the loo, then I never thought about using it once even though the withdrawal was much worse than plain heroin withdrawal. However, I was completely unable to function normally even though the time was passing and unfortunately I had some duties so I couldn't simply stay at home for as long as I needed to fully recover. I was prescribed tramadol but it didn't help at all and with codeine I would have to take 3 doses a day only to feel normal, so when I was offered Suboxone, I agreed. I've never regretted my decision as it also later let me quit clonazepam for good and although I do have some cravings randomly coming back, those are not really cravings for morphine or heroin per se but they're just moments when I feel tired of the way the world is. Although I definitely don't feel like an average person living on Earth as I often experience extreme mood swings throughout a day and dissociation randomly appearing and disappearing, I can have a life like an average person does. On methadone it was virtually impossible.

Yeah methadone is a whole nother ball park. To be honest I hate methadone, my mother is on methadone, and I am on suboxone. Now she is always nodding and acting stupid, and still thinking and using the junkie mind frame we are all trying to escspe. I am never usually nodding unless I take extremely high doses of my xanax with my sub, and I hardy do this.

Methadone is terrible in my eyes, it just like going to the hood every day, but instead your going to the clinic everyday, shit is whack if you ask me.

They might as well just make heroin clinics then, where they give you a clean rig and a couple fat 20s of dope ... Methadone is garbage, and I can see what it does to people, before methadone my mother only had and oxycodone habit, now she is taking 100mgs daily of methadone, so terrible I hope the best for her.

I keep trying to get her to switch to suboxone but unfortunately she wont ...

if you dont mind me asking, what are you dosing at currently with your suboxone? ??

Take Care.
Be Safe.

Buprenorphine definitely gives you a buzz if you aren't extremely opiate tolerante that is, I can do about 4mg and be higher than a bitch for about 12hrs or so.

Buprenorphine definitely gives you a buzz if you aren't extremely opiate tolerante that is, I can do about 4mg and be higher than a bitch for about 12hrs or so.

Yes, that is correct. If you are NOT even mildly opiate tolerant you can, and will catch a buzz and or high from suboxone.

Also I believe while on suboxone maintenance, if you keep your doses low enough you still can achieve a euphoric glow every time you dose.
I do this everyday, twice a day :)

But more importantly I will note my overall quality of life, and health have significantly improved! :) which is great.
On that note im out
gunna go smoke
some kushie

Take Care.
Be Safe.

The first time I took any bupe my brain was opiate-naive and i took 4mg of a crushed subutex generic tablet, insufflated. I was high for 48 hours straight, nodding for 10 of those hours. I'm working on resetting my tolerance again (but I know the first time from any drug is an experience that can never again be duplicated in terms of intensity - what is that????)

Just thought I'd share.

This black must be some whack
Aha, it is possible ppl getting crap stuff or weak stuff cut with something weird, but generally that's how I felt too, altho now I know the diff between fire and ehhh/so-so black, that whenever ive had a lapse in my sobriety if it with an intermediate bupe dose say 2-4mg after months of nothing, I get the same overall euphoria as if I got some intermediately weak black and smoked it. Good black n so-so black have nothing to do w each other though, one a 0.1 or less can rock an opiate intolerant individual into full/partial od and/or follow with a full withdrawal or the weaker stuff even months after u can smoke a 0.4 and be like "oh my tolerance is still jacked up" when in reality ur just incapable of telling the diff. Just my two cents

Aha, it is possible ppl getting crap stuff or weak stuff cut with something weird, but generally that's how I felt too, altho now I know the diff between fire and ehhh/so-so black, that whenever ive had a lapse in my sobriety if it with an intermediate bupe dose say 2-4mg after months of nothing, I get the same overall euphoria as if I got some intermediately weak black and smoked it. Good black n so-so black have nothing to do w each other though, one a 0.1 or less can rock an opiate intolerant individual into full/partial od and/or follow with a full withdrawal or the weaker stuff even months after u can smoke a 0.4 and be like "oh my tolerance is still jacked up" when in reality ur just incapable of telling the diff. Just my two cents

^ Yyeah something like this....i never IV ... and I just meean that bupe has this kinda adderall laced oxycontin type feeling to it... just a little more synthetic feeling-ish and therefore not quite as good as it appears at first.

When i had no opiate tolerance i LOVED bupe :) very nice energetic high...man for me better than Oxy80s, dont know why all you americans are crazy about them

Can anyone tell me a way I can achieve a "high" again from suboxone? I am currently prescribed to 16 mgs a day, but I never take that much. Obviously I have a tolerance, but there has to be a way? I would try rectally but I dont have an oral syringe. Please help guys.

^As far as I can tell if you've got a tolerance to full agonist opioids /opiates then it's doubtful you'll ever get a high or buzzed on your bupe. Did you ever get a buzz from it? I hear of folks getting a buzz from Suboxone and then I find out they had a low tolerance after being put irresponsibly on suboxone for the 500m codeine habit or a 60mg oxycodone habit.

How did you end up on Subs man?

Can anyone tell me a way I can achieve a "high" again from suboxone? I am currently prescribed to 16 mgs a day, but I never take that much. Obviously I have a tolerance, but there has to be a way? I would try rectally but I dont have an oral syringe. Please help guys.

I can.

But, Here's the deal, buprenorphine is a partial agonist, it has a ceiling effect, meaning that it stimulates opiate receptors just like heroin or oxy, but at a certain dosage it plateaus, and increased dosing will not result in increased opiate effect. Buprenorphine also has a long ass half life, 36-37 hours (though this is also dependent on your metabolism, and certain medications and foods can speed up metabolism or slow it down, such as phenobarbital or benadryl). Now let's assume that the point where the buprenorphine plateaus is at 24mg (which btw, it most likely is not, it seems most people find that past 4-6mg the only thing taking more suboxone does is keep the drug in your system longer). You're taking 16mg so taking 8 more milligrams should result in increased opiate effects, right? Well, it won't, because once you have your daily dose stabilized in your body, it stacks up.

For example, say you took your sixteen milligrams today, then waited 36-37 hours to dose again, you'd still have 8mg of the previous dose in your system, so the total amount of buprenorphine accumulated in your system is probably closer to 20-24mg.

You can get a little bit of that glow back, actually, you can get the glow back completely (I don't know about full blown euphoria like some people got when they first started subs cause their tolerance was low), but you're not going to get it back by raising your dose or plugging your dose (which is essentially the same thing as it has an increased absorption rate relative to sublingual). What you want to do is taper yourself down to 4mg or less. It's been my experience (which I have a lot of, as I've done nothing with my life but try to figure out ways I can get myself as high as possible with what resources I have), that at 4mg, once adjusted, your dose is low enough that enough bupe leaves your system every 12 hours or better yet, 24 hours (but I"ve always had trouble dosing once a day, so i split my dose in half, 4mg would be 2mg am, and 2mg evening), that you'll start to get that mood lift, and mild stimulation effect.

The lower you taper yourself, it seems, the more pronounced this effect is, because theirs a huge drop in drug concentration blood levels when you're at a dose that's under that ceiling point. It's kind of like with heroin, you will feel a shot way more when you're really kicking hard because your body is in a deficit. With buprenorphine, this is unfortunately only possible at low dosages because the half life is so long that at 16mg, you could probably go close to 48 hours without experiencing much withdrawal if any.

Some people also have a theory, that the reason why people feel low dosages of buprenorphine more is because their is now open receptor space for buprenorphines metabolite (norbuprenorphine-which is a full agonist) to attach. I don't really think that's the cause of 'less is more' personally, but I'm no scientist. It just seems more likely that it has to do with the dose response curve.

Also, some people get confused when they see people writing 'less is more'! and throwing it out there without further explanation. This does not mean that at your current dose, taking 2mg is going to give you a buzz. You have to taper down and adjust to a low dose. What I would do in your situation is the following:

-If you're a person that handles withdrawals well and can tough through them, don't take your dose for 2 or 3 days. After not dosing for 2-3 days your tolerance will lower to the point where 4mg will hold you. You'll probably even feel buzzed from it, and if you do, remember, do not take more, because that's just going to ruin it for the future.

-If you can't handle withdrawals well, or the psychological craving to take 'SOMETHING' even if its buprenorphine, don't skip your dose, just drop from 16mg to 8mg, and stay on that for 3 days, then lower it to 6mg for another three days, and then 4mg, at which point, if you want to taper down further, you will probably want to wait about 2 weeks to completely rid yourself of your higher dosages half lives and make sure you are stabilized at 4mg. After that point, you can go down to 3 mg, wait a week, then go down to 2mg.

From 2mg down i've come to realize that personally I need to wait at least two weeks before tapering any further. At this point your below the ceiling limit, probably even when taking the built up half lives into account (either way your close at 2mg). It get's increasingly harder to taper below this dose, so you gotta go slow, expect some fuckups and forgive yourself for them. Usually It takes me 3 days to start feeling my decreased dose again, after which point it gets increasingly more apparent every day. The nice thing about being at a dose like 1mg or less, is that when you're having a bad day you can double up on your dose, get a nice little boost, without completely ruining your tolerance and everything you've worked for. I usually plug my dose when I do this because it has a smoother effect (sometimes sublingual seems kind of dirty and TOO stimulating). If you switch your ROA up, always consider what the equivalent dose would be taken SL.

Also, the 'high' from suboxone is not like that of heroin or morphine or methadone. Someone on this thread recently compared it to oxycodone meets adderall, which I think is pretty accurate, though it's like the 'light' version of adderall combined with oxycodone. I rarely ever nod from bupe, it's much more the stimulant in terms of psychoactive effects (much like other synthetic thebaine derivatives, oxy, hydrocodone). Their is a 'lift' but I've never achieved on maintenance full blown euphoria. I think that being a partial agonist, buprenorphines effects just feel a little hollow to me, like I got the body buzz of an opiate without the CNS activity. It's just a shallow kind of effect, don't know how else to describe it, except to say it feels (IMO) comparable to low dose methadone maintenance (30-40mg range or under). At higher dosages methadone mimics heroin and morphine much more though.

I've been microdosing bupe at roughly ~0.25mg/day to control my depression and cravings. I tried taking a week off (experienced no w/d no problems) then dosed 8mg. I got nothing.

I have a feeling that I'll have to be abstitent for a loooooong time before I can get that delicious 12-24 hour high.

I personally loved it (it felt like a clean pharmaceutical opioid high, like I used to get from chasing OC80's old formula).

I'd waste my only wish on being able to achieve that high again if I had one to waste :-/

I have been on subs for years and I love the buzz I get from them. I guess I am not the average person when it comes to bupe because I will do 2mg shots of tex iv'ed and get rocked almost every time especially the first shot of the day! If I hit a new vein I haven't really used before I seem to get even higher. It comes on strong and I start just lightly nodding, then I just sit and stare at the ceiling for like 20 mins zoning out, and then comes the energy boost. It is a very weird feeling but it gets me high for sure. it might be because I take kpins everyday along with it? I prescribed to both. And I get a different high from every ROA. From strongest to weakest for me in this order. IV>Plugging>Sniffing>Sub'l. These days I honestly prefer to not blow all my money on dope and other opis and just do my subs. I truly love them. That's just my opinion though.

I have been on subs for years and I love the buzz I get from them. I guess I am not the average person when it comes to bupe because I will do 2mg shots of tex iv'ed and get rocked almost every time especially the first shot of the day! If I hit a new vein I haven't really used before I seem to get even higher. It comes on strong and I start just lightly nodding, then I just sit and stare at the ceiling for like 20 mins zoning out, and then comes the energy boost. It is a very weird feeling but it gets me high for sure. it might be because I take kpins everyday along with it? I prescribed to both. And I get a different high from every ROA. From strongest to weakest for me in this order. IV>Plugging>Sniffing>Sub'l. These days I honestly prefer to not blow all my money on dope and other opis and just do my subs. I truly love them. That's just my opinion though.

I almost guarantee this is because of the clonazepam. How much clonazepam do you take? But yeah I'm jealous too, I take 2mg SL every day (raised my dose up from 1mg a day), this morning I plugged my 2mg to treat myself and it really didn't feel any different than taking 1mg SL, just lasted a little longer, maybe a little more stimulation. I miss nodding though. A lot.

thats a tough one, if IV was not a viable ROA (no set, against shooting, etc..) id say hydromorphone 8mg sucks! (however, that rush is freaking amazing, i jus wish it lasted longer...) forget about eating it, very low BA, sniffing it, a person w a low tolerance may get some euphoria, a full fledged dope fiend might jus get off E, feel it kinda just coat your stomach and relive WD symptoms for a couple hours, *enter dilaudids 50x stronger cousin Opana!* id say my favorite FULL agonists (cuz i am on Subutex which is a PARTIAL agonist) i try not to stray too far off my sub habit, but when i do my faves are these .. 1- Oxymorphone
2-fentanyl, 3- Oxycodone in large doses.. the old school OC80s were greeaaatt. IMO, at this moment, oxymorphone is the best bang for your buck if your getting these from a source other than YOUR OWN prescription. they are pricey, I'm pretty sure i can't post prices, but you know what your getting, id take 3 40mg Opanas over a high quality bundle (10 little wax folds of heroin) of good H. granted my ROA is almost ALWAYS intranasal.. so my list is quite arbitrary to a person who prefers to IV their D.O.C.. stay safe, P.s- dont underestimate the power of potentiation w tagamet, diphenhydramine (benadryl), and other over the counter non narcotic supplements commonly found in your drug store OTC.. not to mention narcotics like benzos.. a 2mg klonopin, a fat blunt of purple urkle, and 40mg of oxymorphone might be my favorite combo.. wish i could add some adderall on top of it to get that horjny superman complex going on too ! haha gnite folks, gonna go eat ice cream and nod off into Opioidatopia! ohh and smoke my dank dank herb..